• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Guess that Lumberyard sale was way more lucrative for them than I expected. I would hate to see Crytek be relegated to strictly a GAAS dev (though Showdown is brilliant) so hopeful Ryse 2 becomes a thing.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Robinson 2...did they even deliver the Move patch yet?
Remember waiting to play it with the Move patch after buying it...

BAW

Oct 27, 2017
Ryse is 3 bucks on Steam right now.

If you have a PC you should probably buy it.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As we approach the last days of current gen, RYSE is still one of its stand out games for me! A sequel would be amazing!!

I never brought an Xbox One. Can you tell me what appeals to you with this game? To me, it always looked so bland and someone who actually played it might point out it's competencies :)

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
giphy.gif

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
As someone who didn't own an Xbox one but is getting an Xbox Series X, I would love a patch for Ryse to take advantage of the higher resolutions and frame rates of the XSX. I know the game was already a looker so at 4k60 I'm sure it will hold it's own with most games out there now.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Seeing another Ryse planned is pretty cool, but otherwise it all looks like desperate cashgrabs with no ambition. I hope they have more interesting things planned, but honestly at this point I'm still surprised they haven't gone under

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I would like a Ryse sequel. Not many games set in the Roman Republic or Empire that aren't strategy games.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Happy to see so much ryse love in this thread. Never saw this much positivity back when it released. It had the sort of unrealized potential typical of a launch game and definitely deserved a follow up.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never brought an Xbox One. Can you tell me what appeals to you with this game? To me, it always looked so bland and someone who actually played it might point out it's competencies :)

I don't get the love for it in this thread. It was very mediocre in every possible aspect except the graphics.

The presentation was quite amateurish and made the gameplay and encounter design feel even worse.

It's available on Steam btw, that's how I played it.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Yeah sorry I should have added I was mainly referring to the visuals. To this day it's still a looker and one of the graphical showcases of current gen for me. Having said that, while the combat was ultimately rather shallow and the story fairly short I still had a tonne of fun with it and was seemingly one of the few people who really enjoyed the MP arena side of it too

As others have pointed out, a fully fleshed sequel could be something very special!

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
A Ryse sequel could be great, so I hope the rumours are true. Yes, the original was average, but it did begin development as a 360 Kinect title, that was then switched to be an X1 release that had to keep the Kinect controls. Being free of Kinect alone could lead to a sequel being much better.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
Ryse was pretty good in its highest difficulty setting. That being said, I wouldn't be mad if they remove the repetitive QTE combat and replace it with a souls like combat.

Jul 25, 2020
I hope they decide to return to a Crysis single player campaign in the vein of 1 & warhead. I absolutely adore those games .

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
Actually would be pretty excited for Robinson 2. First game had problems but was gorgeous and kinda charming

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Crytek self-published Crysis Remaster so I guess not. At least not currently.

Yup:

"3. Intellectual Property Rights CRYSIS and all copyrights, trademarks, and all other intellectual property rights related thereto are owned by CRYTEK and are protected by German and international copyright law and other applicable law. Licensee shall have no ownership or intellectual property rights in or to CRYSIS, including, without limitation, all copyrights related thereto. "

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Yup:

"3. Intellectual Property Rights CRYSIS and all copyrights, trademarks, and all other intellectual property rights related thereto are owned by CRYTEK and are protected by German and international copyright law and other applicable law. Licensee shall have no ownership or intellectual property rights in or to CRYSIS, including, without limitation, all copyrights related thereto. "
Good find. Actually, looking at the back of my original 2007 DVD case, it says the same thing, so EA never owned the rights to the franchise.