• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Crytek and developer Poppermost announced that they are launching the open world, winter sports game SNOW, ending the game's Early Access period. Players can now download a free-to-play version or purchase the Ultimate Edition for 19.99 EUR/USD on Steam.

Full press announcement here:

SNOW is a CRYENGINE-powered free-to-play winter sports sim that first launched on Steam Early Access in 2015.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
has a rather mixed reception so far. a shame, since I've been itching for some kind of snowboarding game. there is a free version, so I'll try that at least

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Interesting. I have to say that Steep has grown on me and I quite enjoy the variety even if it does not have the over the top action of SSX games.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Were there multiple versions available on Steam? I've had the early access version for years and was surprised to see installing 1.x today seems to just be the free version. Thought for sure any of us who have had the game for a long time would get the ultimate one but that appears to not be the case. Anyone know the deal?

edit: see some discussions on Steam and apparently buying it years ago means fuck all today. Shame on me for buying into early access, I guess! Uninstalling.

edit 2: saw this post on the boards there:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/244930/discussions/0/1620600279655406905/

Giving that a go, but still, that feels like some BS.

Last edited:

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the necrobump but there was a big update for the game overhauling its visuals including SVOGI