• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
These were the original planned release dates.

• Crysis 1 Remaster - 2/20
  • Crysis 2 Remaster - 8/20
  • Crysis 3 Remaster - 2/21
  • Crysis Collection - 5/21
https://twitter.com/pokeprotos/status/1323066840579362816

Obviously C1R didn't release in Feb. This implies that Crytek originally planned for Crysis Remastered to have a 6-8 month development cycle. But the projects dragged out a lot longer due to COVID and quality concerns (which are still ongoing, with major patches coming "soon").

This confirms that Crytek planned to remaster Crysis 2 and 3. These plans are probably still active. This lines up with the deleted tweets from Tim Willits where he talked about how excited he was to work on the Crysis "games".

The remasters will not have multiplayer. I speculate that Crytek plan for Crysis Next/Crysis Wars to fill the role of Crysis multiplayer, with the remasters serving to provide singleplayer content.

There is also no mention of Crysis Warhead, unfortunately.

More juicy Crytek leaks:
www.resetera.com

Crytek projects leaked (Crysis Next, Ryse Next, Robinson 2, Hunt Mobile, & more) Rumor

I think this is related to the recent hacking news A Reddit thread that goes into more details: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/jlelp4/some_projects_mentioned_in_the_crytek_leaks/

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely interested. I got Crysis 3 on PS3 when it first released and it ran so bad I couldn't take it.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Neat, I'll wait for the collection, but definitely wait for a sale. They bungled Crysis Remastered so who knows what will happen with these other two.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was right to assume the other games were being worked on based on based on that one deleted tweet in the Crysis Remaster speculation thread, yay!

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It was no Crysis, but I rather liked Crysis 2. Never played the third one.

donhonk

Oct 30, 2017
Cool, but Crysis Remastered wasn't up to snuff for me as a huge Crysis 1 fan. Refunded it.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Very interested in all these Remasters. Really hoping they get a next-gen version of the first one out there too

delete

Jul 4, 2019
Considering how poor the recent remaster was this inspires little hope for something of quality.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
I had some fun with Crysis 2 MP on 360, but honestly, the best Crysis experience is reading Crysis: Legion, watching that one trailer with the "area-denial bioweapons" line, and listening to the soundtrack.

3 was okay in terms of the gameplay, but man, did it have nothing to do with the cool shit in Crysis: Legion, so it sucked.

Oct 31, 2017
The Blocc
What is there to remaster? I'm very sure if I booted up either of those games right now on my PC it would still look very solid. Those games aren't even 10 years old yet, right?

Remaster a game that's actually ugly or that looks dated and actually needs a remaster. Like ME1.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i wonder what the odds of them reprinting the soundtrack to Crysis 2 are, it's been oop for a while and it's a pretty expensive one too

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Crysis 3 is the only game I know that I played on PS3 that actually ended up with corrupted game data (not game save, but game data) and had to be reinstalled. How I got the multiplayer done I don't know.

I would love to see Crysis 2 on a modern console though escpecially with its music that ended up in Amazing Spider-Man 2.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Doesn't Crystal 1 remaster have major issues even on modern PCs? I do like the first game, and the 2nd is alright, but 3 didn't click. Warhead was ok as well.

I will wait and see what they bring to the table. Hopefully the first game will get patched up.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus. The state the game released in this fall makes me question what their definition of remaster is if they were going to release that turd back in February.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Crysis 2 had one of the best FPS campaigns of the last decade; I would gladly buy a well-done remaster. A remaster would definitely do wonders for Crysis 3, which ran pretty poorly on the last gen systems. While I didn't enjoy Crysis 3 as much as the first two, it looked incredible, and James Vincent Meredith arguably gave the best voice acting performance of 2013, so it has that going for it.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Great, i skipped Crysis 3 as it came out so late in the gen. And Crysis 2 is a guilty pleasure, will play through it for the third time for sure :D

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I never played Crysis 3 but I'm sad that they don't seem to be doing multiplayer for 2. I loved that shit.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Hey, if they'll all release on Switch I'll pick up that collection for sure.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
1. Where is Warhead?
2. Will they keep the tessalated sea under the map in Crysis 2?
There was never a tessellated sea under the map in Crysis 2. People who assumed it worked that way were very wrong.
If you turn on wireframe mode in CryEngine it gets rid of occlusion culling and LOD factoring. So it just renders every triangle.

There was never actually a mesh rendering unseen in normal opaque rendering.

The same thing with people saying the meshes in the game were overly tessellated for no reason. Wireframemode does not show them in their real tessellation factor that you would see in opaque mode... and PN triangles is stupidly cheap as MaLDo find out back then testing on GPUs from the era.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
I will be getting the collection. Really enjoyed Crysis 2 single player campaign. Never played 3 or the original. I would expect the collection on NextGen systems.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Knew I'd see a post that thought everyone had a super duper spiffy PC so that it didn't need a remaster.

So glad this is happening, I asked for this and I'm getting this.

Oct 28, 2017
There was never a tessellated sea under the map in Crysis 2. People who assumed it worked that way were very wrong.
If you turn on wireframe mode in CryEngine it gets rid of occlusion culling and LOD factoring. So it just renders every triangle.

The same thing with people saying the meshes in the game were overly tessellated for no reason. Wireframemode does not show them in their real tessellation factor that you would see in opaque mode... and PN triangles is stupidly cheap as MaLDo find out back then testing on GPUs from the era.
Whoops...then it seems like those urban legends got me from back in the day. Thanks for clearing that up.

SAKY

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Please port the PC versions this time Crytek!!!! I don't want a another remaster of a watered down console port.

pksu

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
The first Crysis was the best one and also probably the only one that really needed remastering imho.

WishIwasAwolf

Banned
Oct 24, 2020

the more you know! :D
I liked crysis 2 also so I look forward to playing it on the big screen

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Yes please. Crysis 2 and 3 were great.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
How do you remaster these games? They still look great and are hard to run at 4K/60.

Edit: I'm clearly forgetting about the non-PC audience. So yes, these could use a remaster.

Oct 27, 2017
If they'd done a port of the whole trilogy for the price of a new game I would have definitely been in. But releasing them one at a time for Ā£25 each? No thanks.