• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Or if you create a good game at a great price like Stardew Valley..

The industry has a bloat problem like with healthcare.

Last edited:

twisted89

Oct 27, 2017
I did watch it, make a good game & it sustains itself.

I find this take completely ridiculous. Great developers have released bad games, you're acting like somehow code and support make a game good and the idea behind a game has no relevance.

In the same context, how would you make a good song?

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
This one developer provided more quality & care than I've seen from any Crytek product.
OK and? Obviously these are two totally different genres of games. Hunt Showdown is based on player retention.

Things cost money to make, to keep supporting, and so on.

I find this take completely ridiculous. Great developers have released bad games, you're acting like somehow code and support make a game good and the idea behind a game has no relevance.

In the same context, how would you make a good song?

Release the song, then go on tour and not charge money, is this what the person is trying to imply?

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Hunt is a fantastic game. Glad they're making changes for the health of the game, it is incredible.

twisted89

Oct 27, 2017
OK and? Obviously these are two totally different genres of games. Hunt Showdown is based on player retention.

Things cost money to make, to keep supporting, and so on.

Release the song, then go on tour and not charge money, is this what the person is trying to imply?

Eh? I'm saying they don't understand what makes things good.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
I did watch it, make a good game & it sustains itself.
Just make a good game.

hm-hmm.gif

Arkhanor

Oct 27, 2017
Recife - Brazil
Nice video. Managing a MP game is really difficult (specially to make it sustainable and with constant new content) - and gamers are always clueless about game development (thanks to youtubers/streamers that are also clueless about the topic).

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Stardew was made by one dude, who was living off his girlfriend while developing the game. That obviously doesn't work for a AAA game studio.
Well yeah, ofc.
You got 200+ people & the product is mediocre, that in and of itself is unsustainable to me no matter the changes to the in-game economy.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
Well yeah, ofc.
You got 200+ people & the product is mediocre, that in and of itself is unsustainable to me no matter the changes to the in-game economy.
I'm interested, since you're all over this thread derailing the conversation and you clearly have played hundred of hours, what about Hunt is that mediocre or bad ?

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I'm interested, since you're all over this thread derailing the conversation and you clearly have played hundred of hours, what about Hunt is that mediocre or bad ?
The PvE mixed with players is awful to me, battle royale nonsense, we have plenty of ! Game tries too hard to be unique with its setting & ugh "zombies" it's shooting feel isn't anything to write home about, I could go on.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
The PvE mixed with players is awful to me, battle royale nonsense, we have plenty of ! Game tries too hard to be unique with its setting & ugh "zombies" it's shooting feel isn't anything to write home about, I could go on.
Looked like you just read the description of the game on steam and it's not even a battle royale but nice try with your trolling.

Jellycrackers

Oct 25, 2017

This is all taste stuff. The game has clearly proven itself well accomplished with its long lasting and growing player base. I've never played anything else like it, even Tarkov and its imitators are very different.

Also "battle royale nonsense" is a very clear indicator to me that you've put very little time (if any) into the game and failed to understand the point of it.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
'tries too hard to be unique with its setting'

lmao i would love to know what this actually means, what complete nonsense.

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Looked like you just read the description of the game on steam and it's not even a battle royale but nice try with your trolling.
It's totally a battle royale except dying has extreme consequences, I don't claim to have 100 hours in the game. I played it twice & disdained it, the time to kill is lousy too man.

'tries too hard to be unique with its setting'

lmao i would love to know what this actually means, what complete nonsense.
It's just a visual salad to me, like, just be a western.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
It's totally a battle royale except dying has extreme consequences, I don't claim to have 100 hours in the game. I played it twice & disdained it, the time to kill is lousy too man.
What you think is irrelevant.

The game is well liked by its playerbase and is active. And yet creating a good game doesn't mean it automatically sustains itself.

Titanfall 2 would still be alive if that was all it took.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
This one developer provided more quality & care than I've seen from any Crytek product.
Stardew Valley is an exceptional situation, and it's unreasonable to argue that the industry at large should simply just replicate the success of Stardew Valley. There are legitimate criticisms of how games are monetized, but pointing at an extraordinary case of success(which, I'll add, included the dev working years without income before release) as a viable option for developers broadly, is not a good argument.

Jellycrackers

Oct 25, 2017

It's just a visual salad to me, like, just be a western.

It's not a battle royale man. Just get over yourself. You tried it, you died, and you got mad and quit.

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
User Banned (1 Month) - Continued history of Trolling and Thread Derailment

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
This is the best shooter on PC currently. They did an amazing job and are completely transparent before releasing new free content and updates. Not a single MTX in this game is pay to win, everything is purely cosmetic and fits in with the art style, unlike COD skins for example. You have no idea what you are talking about, sorry.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Pretty good video. I do wonder if the players feel that the price increases in the Events/DLC are worth it compared to previous ones. And if what Crytek has added to the game through those events feel substantial.