• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
WB Montreal's game isn't GaaS. It's a full single player game. A recent interview kinda shed light on what to really expect from it story-wise, and it seems more of what people wanted form an open world Batman game.

Rocksteady's game and all the other WB studios on the other hand, who knows.

right. except with the distinctive rhythm combat replaced by standard action combat...

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
The biggest issues are the endgame is awfully repetitive and the loot is boring and too random. Those are HUGE problems that take a lot of time to solve.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
right. except with the distinctive rhythm combat replaced by standard action combat...
Eh, we've barely seen what it is, and from the recent interviews, that's still in the game in some fashion.

But the other changes they've made like a living, breathing Gotham and a story that takes place over the course of several nights with a lot of actual detective work is definitely something we've been asking for.

CasasClay

Feb 17, 2020
I really hope they're right. Love the game but performance and matchmaking has only gotten worse for me since release.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confident they wont let people play with any combination of characters they want at once.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Not like I pay an absurd amount of attention to it, but I seem to recall hearing BioWare/EA say the same thing about Anthem almost a year ago now and its been crickets since. I guess every GAAS developer thinks they can pull a Destiny.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
This is why you release a good product at launch. Banking on people returning to your game several months later is not the way to go. Make them stay because they find the product enjoyable when it comes out.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Mostly really good. A handful of missions use MP levels and game modes to introduce players to the content, but the unique missions built for SP only are great.

It's the best content in the game, but the problem is you can't replay it without deleting your save because there's no new game plus.
Wtf this last part

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'll return on PC once the game actually runs decently.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I def might've wasted money on this. waiting to see how this is on next gen I purposely didn't play and looks like I made the right decision

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
People aren't going to be happy when Hawkeye comes and they can't afford his battle pass, despite the seemingly "generous" free passes potential credits, because they weren't playing.

That and just more of the same content isn't going to please players even if they drop in to see Hawkeye.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
All theses games were successful from the start.
Lmao you're right. No Man's Sky and Destiny had massive launches, even if post launch early reception was mixed. Sea of Thieves wasn't as big but it was still pretty substantial. Street Fighter V was successful as far as fighting games typically go.

Still, I can't see Square Enid just dropping the game. Personally it has a long ways to go before I'd pick it up, though.

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
I'll get this for PS5 some time in the winter. I guess I won't be returning necessarily but I cant imagine I'm the only one.

mangrilla

Aug 28, 2020
Washington, DC
People aren't going to be happy when Hawkeye comes and they can't afford his battle pass, despite the seemingly "generous" free passes potential credits, because they weren't playing.

That and just more of the same content isn't going to please players even if they drop in to see Hawkeye.

I mean I haven't played in three weeks and I have enough credits. They actually gave a bunch of points on these challenge cards to users for free a few weeks ago as a mea culpa and that earned me a bunch of credits in one go.

Dec 20, 2017
Live games seem like such a gamble. Not sure when studios are going to figure this out. Do they have the potential to make a ton of money? Sure. But I feel their flop potential is way higher.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
These games need to come out on time. Avengers feels like its 3 years late to the party, just like the MMORPG rush, the Hero Shooter rush, and now the GAAS Looter Shooter rush.
It takes so long for these games to come together, if they aren't doing anything truly innovative just being another in the same vein of other games isn't enough. Those other games are much more content rich and polished in comparison. They have their work cut out for them to turn the game around

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
this game should have just launched alongside next-gen systems and been a little more content complete... i like the game but it is an absolute chore to play on PS4 with constant and sluggy loads, and you really need that stable higher framerate. i feel like next-gen versions will bump this game up from a 7 to an 8 just on quality of experience, and then they can go higher from there with good content drops

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Game is poorly done and completely soulless. Nothing about the game makes you feel like an Avenger or a hero. The loot is awful and the cinematic view of the game is meh. I felt Anthem all over again at launch and this game ain't recovering at all.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
The next War room thing will decide its future.
Just announce the year 1 map and bring out the fixes because this game is almost a bomba.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Thank god. I mean, it might be bad, but I'm so done with that system at this point, so I'm happy to see a change rather than these devs copying Rocksteady again. Let them try their own thing.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Extremely hard not to draw a parallel here

Yeah, feels like corporate greed took over again.
Same mistake EA (Battlefront, Anthem) and Bethesda (F76) made: Forgetting that there are only 24hrs per day and people can only play so many massive GaaS games at the same time. For most that number is 1.
Game has to be either exceptionally great or go viral (in a positive way).
Avengers is neither great nor made any positive headlines. So it's gonna disappear.

Crystal Dynamics may have something up their sleeves but so does the rest of the AAA industry (Destiny, CoD, Fortnite etc.).
There wil also very likely be another Fall Guys/Among Us by the time Avengers is fixed/gets a meaningful content drop.

It's just super weird that Squenix/CD saw how EA fucked up (Anthem, Battlefront), correct course (Fallen Order, Squadrons, Apex F2P) and still went down the Anthem route with this.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Implementing cross-play would help the player base that's there, whether or not more players come back.

Knowing intuitively that their exclusivity and co-promotion deals are likely the biggest hurdle to that step don't make me inclined to have any goodwill for the title.

G Darksoul

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
User Banned (2 Weeks): Hostility and Derogatory Language
Where'd that cuck who told me to buy a PS4 if I wanted Spider-man!? How about I leave it in digital limbo and just deny you a sale instead?

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Implementing cross-play would help the player base that's there, whether or not more players come back.

Knowing intuitively that their exclusivity and co-promotion deals are likely the biggest hurdle to that step don't make me inclined to have any goodwill for the title.
No it wouldn't. You have to see how their MP is designed to know that it is a complete mess.

Matchmaking is based on each mission / difficulty. To get players in your group, other people have to manually queue in that specific quest/mission and there a lot of them. There is no central hub where parties can be made before going out into these missions which is what they should have done.

It was already hard to find a group before and now with lower player base.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I enjoyed my time with the game but I don't foresee myself coming back without some pretty substantial overhauls. I wish them the best though.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Campaign was fun. The service part was extremely lacking though. Copy paste objectives and rooms, even when you swap maps. The combat was enjoyable. Got Thor to max, leveled a couple others to 50 but then just stopped.

Ah well. The campaign gave me my Avengers fix.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Defo learned my lesson not to buy GAAS games at launch after Anthem and Division amongst others. Plus the beta for Avengers didn't strike much hope for the full game and next gen is right around the corner. If and it's a big if, they manage to make this somehow great, I'll bite when it drops in price next generation. Until that time ever comes I just don't care for it. I need to see actions not words. EA are still promising Anthem is going to be something more and that's a dead duck. Of course these things take time, especially in the world we currently live in, but it's nigh on impossible to turn the tide after the damage has been done.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
The biggest issues are the endgame is awfully repetitive and the loot is boring and too random. Those are HUGE problems that take a lot of time to solve.

I have yet played the game (despite being a fan of looter game, I prefer playing as custom protagonist instead of fixed one), but I'm curious why games in the genre keeps repeating the same mistake of having lackluster end game.

You think by now dev had enough titles in the market to take note from to avoid making the same mistakes....