• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019

"In another deleted tweet, Willits mentioned that it was exciting to bring these "games" to new players. The plural usage in both cases can't be a coincidence. Then again, it's possible that plans are only set in stone for the first game's remaster. We might not hear about the others until much later."​

Crysis-Remasters-tweet.jpg

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Crysis 2 and 3 are (imo) kinda bland as games, but will it be worth it to buy them for the graphics again? Absolutely!

nullZr0

Alt account
Banned
Mar 2, 2020
When I saw Switch I knew this was a money grab. Don't get your hopes up.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
God, the reload animations in Crysis 2/Crysis 3 were so hot (the good motion blur is important!!!!!!!!!!). They also differed depending on whether you were in the "Normal" suit mode, Cloak, or Armor. Same applied for enemy takedown animations as well.

Those games still are a high benchmark for first person animations IMO. Such beautiful work.

EDIT: Example of what I'm referring to:

Last edited:

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Hope these are coming sooner rather than later. And hoping they really do it justice. Like the MW1-2 Remasters. Perfect for fans of the originals and newcomers alike.

Playing Around in Crysis with Reshade RTGIbeta and looks great. The actual remaster will be leagues ahead even with just a "good" effort.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, I forgot about the gun that fires thirty-thousand rounds per minute. I'm just gonna reinstall Crysis 3 now.

It's telling that Crysis 3 is still used as a benchmark for CPUs and GPUs alike, even today. The game's seven years old now and in many ways looks better than some games releasing today.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
God, the reload animations in Crysis 2/Crysis 3 were so hot (the good motion blur is important!!!!!!!!!!). They also differed depending on whether you were in the "Normal" suit mode, Cloak, or Armor. Same applied for enemy takedown animations as well.

Those games still are a high benchmark for first person animations IMO. Such beautiful work.

EDIT: Example of what I'm referring to:

Yep, one of my favorite little details about weapons in... pretty much any game, but the Crysis games in particular. Technically inconsequential, but those details added up to make playing the game feel so much more smooth in 2 and 3, compared to 1 which just felt very stiff, even if you could theoretically do cool stuff.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Right, I definitely would expect HDR for this, I think I remember a game moving to a full PBR pipeline. Was it Warframe?
Yes, few other game of service are doing it or done it, like Path of Exile for example is transitioning right now.

---
Because it could look much better and it's not designed for modern CPU's.
Actually Crysis 2 was already quite multithreaded, but could definitely get some improvements in that regard :)

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I'd have to check out how Path of Exile looks before and after. Crysis will look even better if they did add PBR assets.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I really don't think they need to remaster 2 & 3 outside of porting them to Consoles, 2 DX11 & 3 are still somewhat current gen games, think 2014-15 before PBR became mainstream, that's Crysis 2 & 3.
It would be nice if we could get a new stand alone expansion pack or something instead, bit sick of remasters.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Much as I thought Crysis 2 and 3 were crushing disappointments, I still think they were good games. Can't wait for the whole series to get remastered. But for the love of god don't sleep on Warhead. It was never ported to last gen consoles and it's the second best game of the series.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Crysis 2 is the best Crysis game so I really hope it gets a 60FPS console port with a higher FoV. It's just such a damn good game, wish we got more of that.

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
That's good news. Crysis 2 holds up a heck of a lot better than Crysis 1. It's the more fun, better balanced game overall and there's a lot more you can do with the Nano Suit in terms of how you use it in combat or stealth. It looks better from an art direction standpoint than Crysis 1 did.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I think Warhead will be included. I don't expect CW to be a part of it and Warhead is too short as a stand alone.

I think 1 and Warhead are the best but 2 was really solid. One of the most fun campaigns of last gen.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Crysis 2 was perceived as a disappointment because it streamlined itself for console experience, was far less open ended and thus didn't give as much potential for fucking around. As a campaign though it's a very fun, action packed summer blockbuster with very good production values and graphics on PC.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I feel like a Crysis 2/3 remaster would be more needed on console than on PC. Crysis 3 especially holds up beautifully on PC. The console versions were an absolute dumpster fire on PS3/360.

I'm sure some fans would also just like for them to release Crysis 1, and then pretend 2 and 3 don't exist and just make new games.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
That's good news. Crysis 2 holds up a heck of a lot better than Crysis 1. It's the more fun, better balanced game overall and there's a lot more you can do with the Nano Suit in terms of how you use it in combat or stealth. It looks better from an art direction standpoint than Crysis 1 did.

I thought C2 was alright but it definitely became a lot more generic by being constrained into the more typical console shooter mold.

i feel C:Warhead already was the more fun, better balanced version of C1 without really sacrificing it's unique qualities.

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
I thought C2 was alright but it definitely became a lot more generic by being constrained into the more typical console shooter mold.

i feel C:Warhead already was the more fun, better balanced version of C1 without really sacrificing it's unique qualities.

Warhead definitely ironed out some of Crysis' balance issues (and I love C1, btw) but I feel as through Crysis 2 is just a "tighter" game, mechanically. It definitely took some getting used to when I first began playing it. Going from selecting individual powers to having a lot of them be context-sensitive felt like they were taking choice away. But once you get into Crysis 2's encounters and stage design, it really does work.

Running full (maximum) speed into a group of enemies with speed, sliding past them while you gun them down, then reaching a piece of cover and going into stealth mode feels really good. It's the sort of thing I always wanted to be able to do in Crysis, but the suit's energy would just drain too quickly and the radial menu wasn't conducive to switching between suit powers quickly.