• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably pick 2 and 3 up on sale at some point. Warhead not being included is a bummer as it's actually pretty good.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
You know. Is the Crysis series any good at all? Like gameplay wise. I just don't feel like a lot of conversations about these games exist outside of just graphics talk and "can it run Crysis".
Gameplay is fantastic and level design holds up even today. These are needed now more than ever. You don't see many FPS campaigns like these at all now.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
You know. Is the Crysis series any good at all? Like gameplay wise. I just don't feel like a lot of conversations about these games exist outside of just graphics talk and "can it run Crysis".

I still think 2 MP is one of the best.

1, warhead, and 3 all have decent to good SP experience.

The reason those conversation end up like this is cause most of those people didn't actually play through the titles. Anyone who says that about 1 didn't play enough of the beginning or must not remember how bad and lifeless a lot of shooter were and have been since in that category.

Game is butter when it's smooth I don't play it for fidelity.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Assuming they release a physical copy, I'm in. Also, where's Warhead? That's the one I never played.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I'm more confident in Crysis 2 and 3 actually performing well, since the same was true with the original PC versions. Looking forward to the PC version of these games. Crysis 1 remaster still runs terrible on PC, even with DLSS.

Disappointed in no Warhead, thats one of my favorite in the series. Also no native PS5 and XS version.

Having said that these games never ran all that well on AMD hardware back in the day, so I'm not sure how PS4 and xbox one will handle them.

Last edited:

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I guess they didn't make enough on the first standalone release so they figured they would bundle them all together. Should've been a remastered trilogy from the start.

Dec 23, 2017
I never played the series. Played the remaster of the first one on switch and enjoyed it. Will wait for the revision to get 2 and 3.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
Do not understand the lack of Warhead. Its the second best Crysis game after Crysis.

Jul 25, 2020
They really shit the bed with the Crysis 1 port. 2 and 3 still look and run well on pc. At first glance I'm not seeing any noticeable difference compared to the OG pc versions.

Oct 30, 2017
Well I know that the PS5 can't go above 60fps in b\c mode and the Series consoles can. What else is there? Higher FPS, vrr isn't much use to most people.
Xbox has been shown to be able to push effects and settings beyond that of the SX.

Higher resolution, improved AF, increased crowd density, basically whatever the devs want to improve using the Xbox One feature set.

The PS5 just runs the Pro version at a higher frame rate and the upper bounds of the dynamic res. The SX version can do all of that and more. And the X1X version will likely have higher settings than the Pro version anyway.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Xbox has been shown to be able to push effects and settings beyond that of the SX.

Higher resolution, improved AF, increased crowd density, basically whatever the devs want to improve using the Xbox One feature set.

The PS5 just runs the Pro version at a higher frame rate and the upper bounds of the dynamic res. The SX version can do all of that and more. And the X1X version will likely have higher settings than the Pro version anyway.

Oh, I haven't seen most of those examples.

Would they not be considered native Series versions once you start changing crowd density, etc?

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Marketing this collection seems pretty tough.

"Console gamers! Experience the series as PC gamers got to experience it a decade ago!"

"PC gamers!

Uh...

...DLSS!"

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Not many people agree but I think the best multiplayer in the series is Crysis 3 Hunter mode. I really enjoyed that. Another not very popular opinion is how I would rank the SP campaigns: 3 > 2 > 1. Not sure if any of them are worth playing in 2021 though, I guess we will see soon enough. Crysis 1 Remastered was very.. shall I say mediocre.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017

Crysis 3 is a bit meh but Crysis and Crysis 2 are excellent, though very different games.

With Far Cry, Crysis and Crysis 2 Crytek hat a pretty incredible line-up of games under their belt. I hope the great Hunt: Showdown is the first step to some sort of comeback for them. The company almost got completely destroyed by the utter incompetence of their management, the Yerli brothers seemed to completely go off the deep end after Crysis 3.

Did you know their have their own virtual Currency CRYCASH? God I wish I was kidding.

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah, just finished up remastered and I'm super down for 2 and 3. 2 is probably.my favourite in the series so big energy for that one.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Y'know what, fuck it. Guess I'm in for Crysis 2 just to hear that sweet music Hans Zimmer made for it. All 4 tracks or so lol.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they keep all the different times Cevat Yerli's name appears in each game's opening credits.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
I always assume the reason Warhead has been ignored forever by Crytek is that Frankfurt is low-key annoyed that their Budapest satellite studio made a better Crysis game than they're capable of.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Day one buy, assuming no major issues. Crysis 2 is one of my all-time favorite shooters that I've had an urge to revisit for a while now. I didn't like Crysis 3 as much, in large part because it ran terribly on PS3 and 360, but I'm glad I'll be able to experience the fantastic voice performances again.

Oct 30, 2017
Oh, I haven't seen most of those examples.

Would they not be considered native Series versions once you start changing crowd density, etc?
In the case of cyber punk, it was not considered a native version.
But BC is still limited to the feature set of Xbox One. So no ray tracing, VRS, etc. It's still all of the RDNA1 features.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I paid $8 for the first remaster and it's still my biggest regret from last year, and I say that as someone who got CP2077 at full price, trash remaster that's still not fixed and basically unplayable on my 3070+3800X. Won't touch the new package until I only hear good things about it.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping there isn't any pricing "punishment" for someone who bought the standalone C1 remaster.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
That last part of Crysis 1 left my jaw down for extended time. And I didn't even play it in high settings. Wanna experience the trilogy again in high end graphics this time. One of the most fun single player trilogys for me.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, Crytek used to aim on most powerful hardware back in the day and now is super weird to see this collection announced for old gen consoles. Dunno if this will do well.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
My god this is awesome! Crysis 2 was one of the best FPS games I've ever played.

Day fucking one.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
The console releases make sense, but I'm not seeing the point of 2 & 3 on PC. Those versions are already way beyond what the old consoles could run, and they're already fine on any decent gaming PC.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The console releases make sense, but I'm not seeing the point of 2 & 3 on PC. Those versions are already way beyond what the old consoles could run, and they're already fine on any decent gaming PC.
these games would benefit more for ray traced reflections than the first game

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No native PS5 version AGAIN?
I bought Crysis a few days ago on sale and was fun, but nothing that great to be honest. No native PS5 version no buy for me, sadly.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Let me ask this:

Which game among the trilogy is the most polished experience of Crysis i.e. the best game of the bunch (and not just graphically, mind you)?

I've heard divisive things about Crysis 2.