• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
www.crytek.com

Crysis Remastered PC patch is now live

Last PC patch brings some significant GPU and CPU performance improvements
old.reddit.com

Crysis Remastered - PC Patch 3

Posted in r/Crysis by u/crytek_utku • 131 points and 109 comments

Hi everyone,

As you know, last week we announced Crysis 4 (Working Title). So far, we've been overwhelmed with your positive reaction to the announcement. Believe us when we say, we're just as excited with the prospect of another Crysis game!

Even though we were preparing the Crysis 4 teaser, this did not get in the way of our work on the Crysis Remastered Trilogy. As promised, we're back with another PC patch for Crysis Remastered.

This one is the most impactful patch to date for Crysis Remastered with significant GPU & CPU performance & stability improvements, DLSS, audio & texture fixes, and more! Please check below for the detailed breakdown.

This will be the last PC patch for Crysis Remastered Trilogy. We'd like to thank you for the feedback you've given to us since the release of the Trilogy. Thank you for your passionate & continued support!

Crysis Remastered - Patch Notes (PC)
  • Significant GPU & CPU performance improvements,
  • Improved stability,
  • Steam achievements fixes,
  • AI navmesh issue fixes,
  • Texture streaming implementation,
  • Fixed an issue with particle illumination,
  • Various NVIDIA DLSS fixes,
  • Various art & rendering fixes,
  • Multiple audio issue fixes,
  • Fixed multiple issues related to the main menu,
  • Added Steam Trading Cards.

Top comment in the reddit thread reports 45-50% more fps on average with the new patch. Will have to check it out for myself later. Curious if Dictator will have a chance to test drive it soon.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Crysis 4 being a working title lol ok

OT, good job Crytek. John from DF seems pleased.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Would like to see how the CPU load spreads across cores now. Crysis deserves a version that properly scales across many cores instead of wrecking one core at 100% while the rest is asleep.

wellpapp

Aug 21, 2018
Gothenburg
Looking forward to a third (?) deep dive from DF. I refunded Crysis Remastered because how bad it was, hopefully they've got it right now

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Just uninstalled this a few days ago because performance was iffy lol. I'll try it out again soon.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Added Steam Trading Cards
One of those many functions of Steam that is apparently very popular but I just don't get the appeal of even a little. I guess I'm happy they're there for the people that like them?

So haven't kept up super close with these updates but does this mean they're leaving the remastered versions of Crysis 2 & 3 in a good place? Cause those also had issues at launch, right?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Firing up the Bat(taglia) Signal rn.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I have very little confidence in this.

Every time they have patched it they're like "it's fixed now"! And I once again install it just to find it to be the same stuttering mess on my 3070 even with low settings.

Nov 2, 2017
I have very little confidence in this.

Every time they have patched it they're like "it's fixed now"! And I once again install it just to find it to be the same stuttering mess on my 3070 even with low settings.
You GPU probably has nothing to do with it. Crysis remastered is/was(?) also unreasonably CPU demanding and not very well threaded.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
Where I can't see it? I looked I really did.
00dda63545.png

Stygian

Banned
Dec 11, 2021
Off-topic a little, were the periodic stutters/freezes when roaming in the ps4 version ever fixed ?

EduBRK

Oct 30, 2017
Brazil
I'm not gonna be happy until stutter is completelly eliminated... I think it's so jarring =/ waiting for reports on it.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
Man I'm glad I've stopped my playthrough, I hoped for a patch like this but honestly lost hope and didn't intend to play it anytime soon.
With this patch I will definitely check it out again. Now hopefully it runs like it should.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Did they add the ability to mod it without them sending you a C&D? /s

Shame we're never getting manual saves, I guess. One of the big pluses with the original game as it encouraged you to experiment with the various gameplay scenarios.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Are the achievements linked? I have the game physically on XSX and digitally on Steam, but I'd rather play on PC and get the achievements if at all possible.
no its not a windows 10 build with xbox achievements or a game like Halo Infinite on Steam where it runs off your Live account for achievements. It's Origin achievements in their EA games cuz it's done via EA Desktop app (Origin basically)

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
I'm still annoyed that they didn't fix things like, not having quick saves, NPC counts being lowered, some vegetation physics animations running at 30fps, or explosions not causing physics reactions to smoke and vegetation. I guess they also ultimately decided not to invest in allowing the game to more easily be modded.

I love that the performance has been improved, but I'm annoyed that this still isn't the "Definitive" version of Crysis due to missing features and functionality that the original PC version had back in 2007.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I tried it last year when it got its DLSS update, the performance then was still really bad for me. I'll give it another try, hopefully this has nice improvements for everyone.

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017
3000x Ryzen users please report

I have 3600 and have seen some great performance gain with this update, normally even high gave me trouble with 60fps but now can do very high/can it run Crysis but still i saw 88% GPU usage with very high in some areas. Need to play more for sure but so far very good.

Especially that part was huge bottleneck but now much much better.

Also DLDSR with DLSS doing some magic!

51871027033_c15daaa33d_k.jpg

51871595305_269a2604f0_k.jpg

51871262289_c719957d37_k.jpg