• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Well if the game ran on PS360 already I don't see why a Switch version wouldn't make sense. I just hope they made enough advancements with their engine to make it playable this time. Who knows, maybe we will even see some raytracing on the Switch through some kind of unholy magic?

Also I wouldn't mind if they revive Crysis Wars with it.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Is that a scream of terror that you have to make a DF video about this when it launches or is it a scream of excitement that you can make a DF video about it when it launches?

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Well, there it is. Very interested in this for the PS4, I imagine this is also a good candidate for a PS5 enhancement patch with RT as well, hopefully.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I had a PC that could play this at the time. Consoles tainted my experience. I think I played 2 on 360 and I wasn't impressed at all.

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
Oh my lord.

Hopefully it's a great remaster: texture upgrades, full 8K support (yes), full HDR support, utlizing more than 2 CPU cores.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Never played this before so happy to see what all the fuss is about on PS4

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Switch?!? LOOL sorry, I love my Switch above all consoles, and I really think it is a much more capable console than everyone though, but Crysis?! That thing was a beast lol

Jun 2, 2019
Crysis on Switch with RT? What

As much as an advocate of Switch's power as i am...

No way in hell

If it can, even in a reduced manner, Crytek are more awesome than i ever though they were.

Switch?!? LOOL sorry, I love my Switch above all consoles, and I really think it is a much more capable console than everyone though, but Crysis?! That thing was a beast lol

To be fair, it was also a very experimental game in wich a lot of techniques were applied for the first time, with an engine that wasn't optimized for consoles at all.

I'm pretty sure a remastered, optimized Crysis would perfectly run on Switch at 30 fps keeping a huge part of the experience intact.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
But is this true ?

If you type: www.crysis.com on the web browser the website is different. But if you type: www.crysis.com/cookie-policy is like the OP... weird af

It's not supposed to be live.

It's live for me.

13j6tu3.jpg

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Even 13 years later, what are the chances this runs at 60fps on PS4 Pro?

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Sorry can someone explain why having it run on Switch is such a shocker?

If it's running (even if dogshit) on last gen systems, it sure as hell can be optimised to run well on a tegra chip.

I don't remember anything about Crysis 3, played through like 70% of the game before I realised I just wanted a game to try out my new PC with

Status
Not open for further replies.