• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Great to see EA bringing more of their classics to Switch.
Gonna be interesting to see how it looks and performs :o

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to hear any complaints about it being "just another fps" if you are not playing the game as intended:

The highest difficulty level that requires intelligent use of the nanosuit powers.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Lol just yesterday i was thinking "crysis for switch" would be an awesome idea. The hardest game to run off all time, playable on a portable console....

I am buying that day 1

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Rationally I know it is an old game but the idea of playing Crysis on handheld is still impressive somewhere in my brain.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny that I'm now realizing that Crysis and Crysis 2's box arts have identical posing, just on a different background.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Oooh go on then, it's been long enough. Avoiding that switch version like the plague though

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I never got much further than the tank encounter and mostly used the original as a tech demo/benchmark test.

Might actually try finish this...

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully Crysis 2/3 follow as they are infinitely better games. Can everyone who likes Crysis 1 please buy this?

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
Splash image, feel free to add this to your OP

dnTHPv5.jpg
Is it me or does this guy look so flat it's like his whole body is a back

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Meh, never been a huge fan of crysis games. They are tech demos in my eyes

Chinner

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the PS3 version of Crysis was utter garbaje and dissed a lot of the things that made OG Crysis a milestone?

How would it ever run on a frigging Switch?
The Switch isn't the PS3. It's more powerful, easier to develops for and has a relatively modern architecture and feature set.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The two levels, Assault and Onslaught, are big open levels that allows you to approach them however you see fit.

These two levels also represents 11/10 first person shooter gameplay.

Never equaled, never bested.

The pinnacle.

dziga

Banned
Mar 5, 2020
User Warned: Platform Warring, Trolling
they need to cancel the switch version before it's too late

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if they do some actual gameplay changes/tweaks too. The game's too front-loaded; the very best content is early on, but it gradually just gets worse and worse.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Just a remaster? If they don't change the Alien encounters, meh, why would I get this over my copies of Crysis 1 and Warhead.

Maybe_its_Cthulhu

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Woop woop - I'm hoping Warhead is in there as well.
But I'll settle for the first Crysis.

Though really interested how it will be on the Switch.
Also really interested to see how Ray-Tracing works on PC

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is cool and all, only played the second one myself but I think I would have happily waited for a next-gen launch release instead.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Please be "available now" kind of announcement. I have so much good memories of just fucking around with physics in this game.

Also, Crysis 2 and 3 next, please.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it is a Remaster but I do hope they make an effort to improve the gameplay in the last third of the game.

Which honestly is a let down from an otherwise stellar game.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to hear any complaints about it being "just another fps" if you are not playing the game as intended:

The highest difficulty level that requires intelligent use of the nanosuit powers.

Bruh im gonna duck behind cover miles away, stick a silencer on my assault rifle with the sniper scope attached, and shoot heavily armoured guys in the chest 30 times and then complain on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.