• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am having quite a crisis of confidence with this remaster. It is looking like a far cry from the game I was expecting.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Yeah, they probably saw the negative reaction to the leaked trailer and just called the official release off. I'm not sure a few weeks are enough to make the game that much better looking, though.
Most complaints about the leaked trailer centered on where the remaster looks *worse* than the PC original. Bringing those things up to match the original PC release shouldn't be a huge effort. I doubt they threw out all those assets, or the code for all those shaders, etc.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Have they said if the DLC is going to be included in this package yet?

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
I am having quite a crisis of confidence with this remaster. It is looking like a far cry from the game I was expecting.
eKU1Mx4.gif

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
I'm happy that they have responded to criticism, but not sure what can realistically change in only a few weeks?

This whole ordeal has been strange though. From leaks possibly pushing them to reveal the game too early, to releasing an announcement trailer that presents a graphics fidelity that's likely not indicative of the actual game, to the storefront pages releasing media early and that media is of poor quality, and finally to the studio retracting their official trailer reveal and preorders hours before the recently advertised times...

I'm not sure who's handling the marketing, but all of these events really come off as somewhat unprofessional. I know we have a pandemic going on, but this is all a bit much.

I'm still hopeful though. Just having a version of the game that runs well and supports modern features is a huge plus. Also, we won't have to deal with the dumb 24hz bug anymore!

data

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised that they were willing to take the feedback from the leaks. I'm guessing that if the feedback was given when it officially released, it would've been a few days later when this would be posted instead of the weird timing of official release right before announcing the delay tweet. Hope they can polish it further as they mentioned and make it so that the meme "But can it run Crysis?" last forever (even if it's sort of dead already due to optimizations on the original).

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
"But can they fix Crysis..." in three weeks?

What a weird situation? They probably expected what was going to happen and wanted to release the trailer to confirm, they took the decision too quickly.
Screens looked too rough i doubt we will see significant improvements.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
So this must just be due to community response. There's no other explanation.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Damn, that's unexpected. Have to give credit where it's due, I didn't expect them to put this much effort into rectifying the situation.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Well this was the right move. Not sure if it'll make much of a difference though. They should delay it to next gen.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
What can they do in such a short amount of time? Add the trees back and better distant LODS?

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any word on what Crysis they based this on, the 360 version or Crysis PC?

i'm not familiar with the differences between the 360 and PC version, would using one over the other as a base make any difference?

sometimes it does (see FF8 remaster which suffers for it) but sometimes it doesn't

Vaizard

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good call on their part. Hope they can fix/improve whatever needs fixing/improving so the general concensus will be better than the things I read yesterday. No need to laugh or make fun of them/this situation imo. Keep it classy folks.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
keeping my expectations low...this game needs much more than just better graphics...the story had some major pacing issues. But at least they recognized what a Crysis game means to the community and its fans. Hoping for the best.

Shawt21

Banned
Apr 26, 2020
Alright? What the hell do y'all want? I think it's respectable that they saw the negative reactions and decided to delay the game to make it better.

I really don't get the joke. What's so funny or bad about this?

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But can it ruin Crysis?

Hope they can get it running well. With only a few weeks, though... quite the crucible they face.

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if its a simple 30fps with more bells and whistles vs 60fps trailer graphics thing.....i have no idea how they can fix something like this in a few weeks. I was hoping those were just switch graphics or something.