• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
ATL
the whole lawsuit thing was canned already. no payout or anything

Really??? Not even legal fees?

Anyway, it's funny, IGN posted a video of the first 15 minutes of Crysis, but I think they're dealing with the low fps bug where you have to Alt-tab out of fullscreen mode repeatedly in order for the performance to be higher. I'm like there's no way a 2080TI runs the opening 15 minutes at fps that low lol. I know they are using a Ryzen 1800X, but still...

On another note, I do hope they having strong modding support directly through Cry-engine SDK. If they want more people to use Cryengine for potential games, getting hobbyists and future indies used to the engine through modding Crysis would only incentivize that.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played Warhead.. heard it's better in every way.. so if it's not included, that'd suck :(
I wonder whether EA is going to give us a remaster of 2 and 3.. Honestly wouldn't mind that at all.

Wouldnt say its better in every way, it just cuts right to the really good shit really quickly for the majority of it.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Will the game have all new assets? They say remaster so not sure, unless they mean remake.
only new textures and graphics tech from what I understand. def not a remake.
edit:
Crysis Remastered will focus on the original game's single-player campaigns and is slated to contain high-quality textures and improved art assets, an HD texture pack, temporal anti-aliasing, SSDO, SVOGI, state-of-the-art depth fields, new light settings, motion blur, and parallax occlusion mapping, particle effects will also be added where applicable. Further additions such as volumetric fog and shafts of light, software-based ray tracing, and screen space reflections provide the game with a major visual upgrade.

I would not expect any of the high end stuff for the switch version tho hahah

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be so quick to write it off, though. Sabre Interactive manage to retain all the graphical feature sets of The Witcher 3 in their port, and seeing how Crysis 3 got ported on Nvidia Shield (but never released due to lack of that system's sales), they already have a foundation of which to base this release on.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Will the PC version of the Remaster run better than the Original one?

Most definitely. Now the question is, will it still run better with all of the new effects and graphical features enabled?

I'm hoping that they go all out and make Crysis Remaster a future proof PC killer. I'm pretty sure we're already going to get people complaining about optimization anyways since they'll be made they can't run the game maxed out at 4K at 120fps on a 2080Ti.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Was Crysis actually good? I can't recall playing it for more than an hour and having 0 interest in any of the sequels.

IMO, the first half of the game is one of the best FPS's of all time. As in, maybe even in my top 10 FPS's. The second half gets worse but it's still fun. Worth the price of admission for the first half.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
Super excited to pick this up on PC when it drops, and I'm also very curious to see how the Switch port runs. I'm expecting it to be a quality port with it being in the hands of the folks over at Saber Interactive (Ported The Witcher III: Wild Hunt, also bringing World War Z, etc). I'm really excited to see CRYENGINE in action with their software based ray tracing, the demo they showed off last year with the drone in the city was insane.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Heres what I'm afraid of... I buy the Remaster on PS4 Pro...
And next yesr they re-release it with Raytracing on PS5.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be so quick to write it off, though. Sabre Interactive manage to retain all the graphical feature sets of The Witcher 3 in their port, and seeing how Crysis 3 got ported on Nvidia Shield (but never released due to lack of that system's sales), they already have a foundation of which to base this release on.
Witcher 3 has relatively a ton less post processing going on in comparison, which is where the bulk of the graphical demand is coming from.

AYZON

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
The most surprising about this, is that people actually asked for this.
I mean its not a terrible game, still though...

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Heres what I'm afraid of... I buy the Remaster on PS4 Pro...
And next yesr they re-release it with Raytracing on PS5.

it's Crysis... not GTA or Skyrim or whatever

not that i discount the possibility of Crytek pulling a fast one but this will likely be the last 'official' release of the game ever

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most definitely. Now the question is, will it still run better with all of the new effects and graphical features enabled?

I'm hoping that they go all out and make Crysis Remaster a future proof PC killer. I'm pretty sure we're already going to get people complaining about optimization anyways since they'll be made they can't run the game maxed out at 4K at 120fps on a 2080Ti.

i just want them to fix the areas that causes slowdown like final boss fight or the jungle middel stage

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Yes, a bad game that no one liked that has a 91% metacritic and and is one of the best selling PC games of all time.

Literally no one asked for this.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
"I didn't like the game so obviously no one else did either" ... some takes in this thread.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3 has relatively a ton less post processing going on in comparison, which is where the bulk of the graphical demand is coming from.
Most of it can be reenabled in the version 3.6 options. Post-processing is the least of its concerns when compared more with NPC/AI count, which actually retained the PS4 numbers.

Besides, this will be comparing Crysis on previous gen consoles to Crysis on current gen: People are assuming the Switch version will run worse than the PS3/XB360 originals? Wut~?

And yeah, the poster said "newer effects", but many of these can again be offloaded to CUDA. This was actually discussed by Sabre Interactive themselves in a GDC press conference detailing their development of The Witcher 3.

This is on top of an already existing port of Crysis 3 running on an Nvidia Tegra X1 which shows it can run it fairly well too. Having Sabre Interactive co-develop with Crytek would mean it's possible they could optimize the CryEngine even further, which would no doubt benefit every platform in the end. (Case in point: Doom Eternal running better than Doom 2016 due to optimizations done by Panic Button's port of the latter.)

Last edited:

InPlosion

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
I finished crysis 1 again last night after 10 years, on delta difficulty this time.
To be honest I liked the last levels A LOT more than the first ones. Aliens don't have hitscan attacks, therefore you can dodge their projectiles, avoid their attacks, and respond appropriately. Excluding the final boss, and some fuckery with the carrier's nuclear reactor, I only died once.

In the previous levels I'd die almost constantly from koreans soldiers with their hitscan attacks. The most efficient way to deal with them was to skip/avoid fights alltogether. Not that fun in my mind.

This is all so ironic, 10 years ago I used to look at the game the other way around, I hated the last levels, where I'd die over and over again, and loved the first ones, which I would replay from time to time.

Oct 27, 2017
"Campaigns" being mentioned does leave the door ajar a bit for those hoping for Warhead too but I doubt it's actually happening, just glad we're currently at least getting the original Crysis.

Jun 18, 2018
only new textures and graphics tech from what I understand. def not a remake.
edit:

Not on the dynamic lighting, but I expect every other area to at least match the x360/PS3 versions of Crysis.

This is a useful refresher...

www.eurogamer.net

Face-Off: Crysis

A few days prior to its XBLA and PSN release, Crytek president and director Cevat Yerli declared with confidence that "…

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not on the dynamic lighting, but I expect every other area to at least match the x360/PS3 versions of Crysis.

This is a useful refresher...

www.eurogamer.net

Face-Off: Crysis

A few days prior to its XBLA and PSN release, Crytek president and director Cevat Yerli declared with confidence that "…
I don't think the game is even gonna look like the CryEngine 3 version. all 4 versions here will be based on the same starting point so starting from the raw assets imported into CryEngine 5 makes the most sense. unlike all the other switch versions which were based on original versions and not the remasters, this is done by the same team doing the remaster

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
It'll be fun if they could somehow incorporate Warhead with the original Crysis. Both run along parallel timelines and switching between protagonists during chapters isn't unheard of in the industry.

Mindtaker

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
There's only like 4 seconds of footage shown so far lol. They extracted what they could from it but a large chunk of it is just conjecture based off of the press release and what Crytek has generally been doing with CryEngine and their games.
You mean the tiny bit of footage? They pointed out it potentially had real time ray tracing on Nomad's visor, and didn't say much else about it other than to say they hope it's what the game actually looks like.

r6ZimEn.jpg

fMiYHab.jpg

zywsioN.jpg

lpOphPm.jpg

But yes, they showed it.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to see digital foundry compare this new version of Crysis to the old one.
Didn't they conclude even modern PCs struggle to run it due to the way it was made?

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What I am most exciting about, and hoping for, apart from ray tracing is better foliage and more destructibility.

The more I think about it, the more I want a remake that goes way beyond a visual upgrade.

But if a Remaster is what is needed for us to get the Crysis franchise back in the game so be it.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
What I am most exciting about, and hoping for, apart from ray tracing is better foliage and more destructibility.

The more I think about it, the more I want a remake that goes way beyond a visual upgrade.

But if a Remaster is what is needed for us to get the Crysis franchise back in the game so be it.

Is it not a remake if they're recreating the game on CryEngine 5? New engine and new assets. The teaser they showed looks like it's using new assets and I don't think they'll port over the code from the original game.

Where is the line between remaster and remake? Activision calls Crash and Spyro trilogies remasters but they're more like remakes.