• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully OG nanosuit and not that dumbed-down shit.

Edit: Summer? I am gonna have to wait for the new Nvidia GPU to run this with MAXIMUM GRAPHICS

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
They should have released screenshots and a release date. Bland marketing move to just announce it like this.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hoping for 60fps and really disappointed no warhead. No to both would be a sucker punch.

No screenshots, trailer :(

Looking forward to the DF comparison though!

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
I'm so hyped for this! Were those ray-traced reflections on his visor?

I know Crytek's ray-tracing solution is hardware agnostic, but will its use of DX12 and/or Vulkan still allow for hardware level acceleration?

I can't wait to see Digital Foundry's look at this game. I'm hoping this revives the franchise, but the game will follow closer to Crysis 1 than 2 or 3.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Switch?! LOL, I'm shocked!!!! Now let's see if it maintains the same release date or it gets delayed.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Not that I agree with the way these anti Switch comments are expressed but I'm assuming the logic behind that reasoning is that if the game is releasing on Switch, it's not a proper remaster just a port of the already existing PS3/X360 version of Crysis. To be honest, I'm happy that the game is coming to Switch but, Crysis has always been about the technical showcase and being on Switch people are worried it's going to hold it back for the other versions. Or the Switch version will be so dumbed down it'll barely look or run properly.
You know that's bullshit reasoning considering the other ports have actually benefitted from the optimizations made from a the Nintendo Switch version. If anything, this will ensure the PC version is even more optimized to utilize multi-threaded workloads even better.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Software ray tracing is lame but it makes sense, no way they were going to do hardware ray tracing on consoles.

Man, I reeaaaaaally hope this is the PC version ported with multithreading.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
It's gonna have ray-tracing so Im expecting this to still be a looker. Probably wont get it but it will make a fun digital foundry video.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Please be 60fps on the Pro and X.

Unless they've done literally nothing in terms of optimisation for this remaster in order to get rid of that horrible situation regarding the CPU issue the original had then I'm pretty sure it'll be 60 on everything but the Switch, even then I'm open to the possibility of a performance mode being available on Switch.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
They're probably referring to their own software solution for ray tracing that can run on older cards too, looks pretty close to the "full fat" thing.

I guess that's the thing. Getting ray tracing working on an Xbox One/PS4 seems pretty far fetched, so I'm assuming it's just a PC-only feature. But if that's the case, then why wouldn't they have ray-traced reflections available on PC if they've rolled their own RT solution?

Makes me wonder if we're talking about "ray-tracing" instead of ray-tracing.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Does Software Ray-tracing mean using their own propietary CryEngine implementation rather than using DX12's DXR or Nvidia's RTX?

Or is it something else?

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
A game like Crysis Remastered should be mandatory to be announced with a comparison video.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I guess that's the thing. Getting ray tracing working on an Xbox One/PS4 seems pretty far fetched, so I'm assuming it's just a PC-only feature. But if that's the case, then why wouldn't they have ray-traced reflections available on PC if they've rolled their own RT solution?

Why wouldn't it be ray-tracing? It doesn't require dedicated hardware to run.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I confess, I've never player Crysis. I didn't have a powerful enough PC at first, and by the time I did, the backlog was gigantic.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Sabre being on board was a shock, but a very welcome one. They know what theyre doing, very excited.

Its a last gen game... that was on the 360 and PS3....
This isn't a straight port though. And based on the reaction here, a lot of people did not expect a Switch SKU for the remaster.
Can't have it both ways.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017

I doubt they'll gonna be able to make it run properly on the OG xbox and ps4, a 1060 struggles to keep 30fps, maybe the pro and 1X:

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to spend countless amount of time just shooting at the palm trees.

Has any Crysis looked/performed as well as the original footage they were showing..and demoing was it?

Like I think every part of a plant had hit detection, with realistic response.

Or I might be misremembering because of how Amazing the early footage was for it's time.

I own the PS3 Version...and it looked great, but you know lol.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I have so many nostalgic, beautiful memories of the Crysis franchise.

I never did finish Crysis 1, so I'm happy I did now because Ill play through it with this version. 2 and 3 I actually loved despite it being an unpopular opinion.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Software ray tracing is lame but it makes sense, no way they were going to do hardware ray tracing on consoles.

Man, I reeaaaaaally hope this is the PC version ported with multithreading.
wait what?

are they going to do ray-tracing on current gen consoles? How would that even be possible???

when I heard ray-tracing in the leak earlier today, my head immediately went to PC only for now, with an update for console once next gen consoles launch.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I didn't think Crysis was that good a game. Nice tech, nice open levels, but the gameplay was lacking imo.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
wait what?

are they going to do ray-tracing on current gen consoles? How would that even be possible???

when I heard ray-tracing in the leak earlier today, my head immediately went to PC only for now, with an update for console once next gen consoles launch.
Crytek has already released a free software Ray Tracing benchmark that even ran "decently" (considering it's RT) on low end systems.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
>software-based raytracing

aight, let's see how that holds up. they said they were working on hardware acceleration, so I hope they have that as an option

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Man, it feels good to have Crytek starting to return to good shape. It was sad not seeing Crysis return in much of any form last Gen. I would love to see Crytek return to thier roots, and with produce a new Crytek (open-world?), or produce a true Crysis AAA fps successor.

Definitely interested in this, I hope Saber do a great job, and the art style remains completely faithful to the original, but brings everything to modern standards.

Oct 25, 2017
Need to have next-gen version. Kinda late in the gen to be pushing souped up version of old ass games. It's not even a remake.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully will match (and exceed) the original tech demos. It'll be interesting to see how the Switch version will look.

I've been trying to find an old trailer of Crysis (or could it be an early Cryengine 2 demo video?) which showed the final boss and it had visuals which looked significantly better than the final release. Anyone know what video that was?

Oct 27, 2017
One of the first games I remember getting pre-dawn lighting right. Lots of ways to play encounters, but few really mastered fluidly using all the abilities (I am certainly not one of those few).