• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Jakartalado

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Fair enough, thanks for the info. Hope it improves then, I want Crysis to make a return in a good way.

Not just you.

Dictator must be pretty excited about the PC version. But.... July 23rd doesn't seem that far for a video coverage about a low powered Tegra GPU, am I right?

Am I the only one who wants this to come out so Digital foundry can do it's thing.

I just called the right man to do this job! Hahahah

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Not just you.

Dictator must be pretty excited about the PC version. But.... July 23rd doesn't seem that far for a video coverage about a low powered Tegra GPU, am I right?

Lol oh yeah Alex, I'm also waiting for what he does with his inevitable video on this release. Okay things are looking better.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
It is not semantics. A remaster is necessarily an older game so you saying it's a last gen game is redundant. You are suggesting that they simply ported the old code from last gen to Switch which is rarely true.
Maaaaan......I'm saying that the Switch version is going to be comparable to however it looked on 360/PS3, with better performance and a higher res i.e barebones. It's not a knock on it, it's just that the other versions are going to (assuming that this is what the delay is for) try to look a lot better.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
The fact that the first version of a seminal PC game is coming out on switch first is a big ???? in my book.

Crytek really should never have farmed out parts of this remaster to someone else - this is far too important.
Not just you.

I am definitely excited, but there is so much releasing in the next few weeks that I am comvering and we have a lot too manage. I have to see how I fit in Crysis Remastered on PC atm with its completely unknown release date....

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
The fact that the first version of a seminal PC game is coming out on switch first is a big ???? in my book.

Crytek really should never have farmed out parts of this remaster to someone else - this is far too important.
Is The Switch version releasing first a problem?
If yes, it is too, the other way around, right?

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
I imagine that the Switch version was already pushing the hardware and there wasn't really much more they could do with it.

With the PS4/One version there was probably quite a bit more power left under the hood so they're taking extra time to smarten things up a bit.

Last edited:

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
It's amazing how well designed Nintendo Switch is. This games looks really nice and on par with the other versions.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Still blows my mind that gyro aiming isn't more prevalent. Switch isn't the only system/controller to support it, after all.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to guess 540p handheld and 720p Docked. Hopefully, they don't use an extra blurry aa solution and if they do, users should have the option to disable it like for witcher.

Deleted member 56995

User requested account closure
Banned
May 24, 2019
If the whole reason for delaying was to improve visuals, than I can see why they only delayed the console and PC versions of this version is already maxing out the switch.