• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019

An image which appears to announce Crysis 4 has appeared online, posted by Crytek China.

The image is still visible at the time of writing on Chinese social media site BiliBili.

"The 'Crysis 4' project is confirmed, opening a new nano battlefield!" translated text reads. "Follow @Crytek_Official, we will continue to update you with the latest news."

More recently, remastered versions of the original Crysis and its two sequels have released over the past two years - prompting speculation an all-new entry was up next.

Eurogamer has contacted Crytek for comment.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Nvidia Database Leak stays winnin'

Interested to see where they take this series.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I didn't know there was a crytek china.

Not sure what i should expect.
I hope it is a game with wide levels and suit power switching on the fly, but i believe it will be a "simple" FPS.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
that NVDIA leak is our blueprint to the future of video games

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
SĆ£o Paulo - Brazil
Mildly interested. Crysis 1 was cool and very particular. Crysis 2 was better even if lost some of that uniqueness of the first. Crysis 3 was one more casualty of EA wanting singleplayer games developed in three weeks. It's just a shadow of the first games.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Crysis Next, is that you?

217403_crysis_next_screenshot_20201101140214_1_original_7.jpg

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
But that's what's Crysis has always been. Or at least supposed to be.

Crysis was the first FPS where you could change your weapon options and suit powers in real time while playing in an huge wide open level.
That changed a lot with Crysis 2.
I have to say i don't know how it was in Crysis 3.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Final fantasy IX remake is actually real then

Sorry to derail šŸ˜…

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
My trust in Crytek has exponentially increased after Hunt: Showdown.

They still got it.

Don't let me down Crytek.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like these games got worse with each entry and Crytek is basically a husk of its former selfā€¦ So not optimistic.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
more games that use CryEngine is always a good thing...one of the best gaming engines from a purely visual and features standpoint

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully that render is not CGI. In case it is is, it only means that this game will be cross-gen and that they won't give up on them for lucrative reasons which are justfied for them but absurd for gamers. But I hope it's current gen only.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope it's wide linear like og Crysis with segmented levels and not open world. The lulz if this becomes like modern day Far Cry with the suit powers. Spiderman.png

I couldn't get into Crysis 2 but loved the third one. Give me more bow action with that tall grass please.

Status
Not open for further replies.