• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DinkyDev

Feb 5, 2021
The Crytek of today, is not the Crytek of old. Optimistic, but sceptical. Not sure if they'll be able to live up to people's high expectations on this one.

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for:

- No weird F2P/Multiplayer stuff
- Return to the Crysis 1 "underpowered enemies in a large sandbox" gameplay loop

Been replaying the trilogy on my Switch (which is just an insane experience) and it's crazy seeing how completely off-the-rails the series went from a story perspective starting with 2

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
When thinking about the fist Crysis game I forgot that I'd actually played Crysis 2 & 3.

I really enjoyed the second game so I might check this out.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
His weird nanosuit skin from the ending of 3 creeped me out something fierce so hopefully he's in the suit again.
Prophet's whole body has been transformed, I think it would be completely unnecessary for him to wear a Nanosuit again. I hope we don't get a story about him losing his powers because of something, because that would be ridiculous.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I have waited for this for so long, HOLY SHIT.

And it's using the Crysis 1 main theme at the end too!

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The sandbox design of the original Crysis seems like such a no brainer idea for what people would want from a new game. And also, the suit should feel way more powerful. Like don't give me this:

Only for the suit in gameplay to have an extremely small battery life.

Prophet's whole body has been transformed, I think it would be completely unnecessary for him to wear a Nanosuit again
I'm well aware it just genuinely weirds me out from a trypho trigger perspective.
ebmP5jF.gif

The idea of something like that with modern video game skin....yea story be damned put him back in the goddamn suit. 😬

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
The Crytek of today, is not the Crytek of old. Optimistic, but sceptical. Not sure if they'll be able to live up to people's high expectations on this one.
People have high expectations for a new Crysis game? 🙄

To be honest the best I can do is to be optimistic about it. Let's hope for the best. 🤞

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017

Blog post says "in early stages of development". Ugh. I really wish more devs would announce games when they're further along in dev, but maybe this is a looking for investors kinda thing for Crytek? I know things were a bit shaky for them financially years back, though I imagine selling the Cryengine fork that became Lumberyard to Amazon, plus Hunt: Showdown has helped them along.

Fingers crossed this is a return to cutting edge graphics tech demonstration for them. It likely being current gen only will help. I miss the days when Crytek could really blow everyone away with their releases. That said, Hunt: Showdown is very pretty and an amazing game in its own right, but I'm happy we're getting more Crysis. Hopefully they stick to the level design approach of the original and don't go full open world. Crysis is at its best with the wide linear sandboxes. Halo: Infinite did this well so I can see the new one having a segmented, island hopping approach, but then again that's sorta Cryis>Infinite>Crysis situation anyhow :P

Kydd BlaZe

Apr 17, 2018
I'll be honest. With the recent remakes, I should've seen Crysis 4 coming. However, I always thought that Crytek was just a shell of its former self and that they weren't making games anymore. They've been hemorrhaging money and talent for years now, and I just didnt think they'd have it in them to do a Crysis 4. Now I've heard good things about Hunt: Showdown, so this kind of gives me some hope.

I'm a huge fan of the Crysis series, so I'm excited for this. I hope it turns out well. Might the the game I finally upgrade my PC for, once it finally releases.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Blog post says "in early stages of development". Ugh. I really wish more devs would announce games when they're further along in dev, but maybe this is a looking for investors kinda thing for Crytek? I know things were a bit shaky for them financially years back, though I imagine selling the Cryengine fork that became Lumberyard to Amazon, plus Hunt: Showdown has helped them along.

Maybe they looking for people and feedback like Blizzard with their new title.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I am hype for this. The lessons have hopefully been learned from the remasters in what works and what doesn't and in what the fans want.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Fingers crossed this is a return to cutting edge graphics tech demonstration for them. It likely being current gen only will help. I miss the days when Crytek could really blow everyone away with their releases. That said, Hunt: Showdown is very pretty and an amazing game in its own right, but I'm happy we're getting more Crysis. Hopefully they stick to the level design approach of the original and don't go full open world. Crysis is at its best with the wide linear sandboxes. Halo: Infinite did this well so I can see the new one having a segmented, island hopping approach, but then again that's sorta Cryis>Infinite>Crysis situation anyhow :P
Yeah we are probably minimum 3 years out from this title releasing.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
Alex from DF is gonna be excited out of his mind.

did crytek ever backpedal on threatening that free camera modder btw?

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Crytek: "We are working on Crysis 4. None of your computers will able to play it."
"But I have 3090!"
Crytek: *Laughs hysterically*

Oct 31, 2017
Crysis 2 multiplayer was so damn fun, although it could be a lagfest at times. Hope they bring back some of those maps

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
Future hardware requirements: "3090 recommended for 1440p. 4090 required for… Everything else." lmao

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see how this looks, I've been playing OG Crysis 3 and thu the game itself isn't that great it looks incredible. I'm hyped.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017

Please be like Crysis 2, the absolute best one. Please don't like 1, which is just a bad game.

Please be current gen only. Please be very high budget. I want "But can it run Crysis 4!?" memes.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I CANNOT wait. The Crysis Trilogy, even now, is amazing. If it can be along the lines of 1 or 2 that'll be...

*hype intensifies*

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Hunt: The Showdown.

I really wonder how hard they are going to push visuals and what not; only like 60fps on a PS5 Pro with heavy checkerboarding?

Hunt: The Reckoning is in my opinion Crytek's very best game (and their most recent).
Crysis was a huge technical breakthrough with good gameplay fundamentals but the campaign itself was flawed.

Its funny how people that know/like the game don't even get the name right. There might be a problem here.

Please don't dunk on me, I also think the game is cool, but really needs a current gen patch. Even at 60 fps the game doesn't I. That it has tons of LOD issues and bugs. I once had a match where all building geometry was invisible. I could look through buildings but also had no idea where to walk or shot, because I didn't know where walls were.