• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Through all of this, LRC has been still saying "fuck off, you can't keep me down!" If the stock market was a bit more stable BTC and ETH stayed flat today, I'm sure this thing would have blasted past $4

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
pulsepad came out early yesterday im a bit pissed that i missed out on some easy gains but i still jumped in at 31 cents.

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
Has anyone invested in SLP or NFT Art Finance here? Thinking of injecting some liquid in either one of them. Both saw huge spikes in recent weeks and now are back to a suitable position for investment.

Wari Oman

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 2, 2021
coinmarketcap.com

ShinChan Token price today, SHINNOSUKE to USD live price, marketcap and chart | CoinMarketCap

The live ShinChan Token price today is $0 USD with a 24-hour trading volume of $0 USD. We update our SHINNOSUKE to USD price in real-time.

coinmarketcap.com

Ethereum Meta price today, ETHM to USD live price, marketcap and chart | CoinMarketCap

The live Ethereum Meta price today is $0.000000000004509 USD with a 24-hour trading volume of $144.30 USD. We update our ETHM to USD price in real-time.

dont worry, bull market is not over.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry for the naive question, I'm just asking out of curiosity. Hypothetically, I buy cryptos for 1000€ today in after 1 year it's worth 100k. Do I really receive that amount if I sell and what happens with my bank if suddenly I have that kind of money transferred to my account?

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Sorry for the naive question, I'm just asking out of curiosity. Hypothetically, I buy cryptos for 1000€ today in after 1 year it's worth 100k. Do I really receive that amount if I sell and what happens with my bank if suddenly I have that kind of money transferred to my account?
Depends from country to country. You will be fine with lower amounts (sub 10k - at least from my experience), but if you will suddenly withdraw a 100k to your bank account, you can be sure that you will have to explain it to your bank and to the tax service, provide receipts and pay taxes for that amount (could be over 25%+).

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Everything from the good, bad, and ugly.
I would be actually, legitimately interested if there's a platform for beginners to create and sell NFT art on, from an artist perspective who's looking at this as a potentially great opportunity to sell some actually original works. I checked out opensea (which doesn't allow for gas-free auctions, sadly) and Rarible, which overall going by Reddit complaints and discord seems to be an overall shit show hiding half of it's massive fees, but every platform seems just loaded with zero effort color variants of the same lazy redrawn images and it's nigh impossible to actually use it legitimately. Also, of course, all i got from joining any discord is a tidal wave of scammers contacting me within seconds, and thousands of the same low effort "hey wanna buy my stuff" posts everywhere from users who, surprisingly, couldn't get their shit sold on gunpoint but won't stop spamming it regardless. It's just been a super annoying and ridiculously priced experience.

Do you guys have some ideas on this? Preferably one where you could sell for less than hundreds of dollars and still get a profit out of a sale?

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
I would be actually, legitimately interested if there's a platform for beginners to create and sell NFT art on, from an artist perspective who's looking at this as a potentially great opportunity to sell some actually original works. I checked out opensea (which doesn't allow for gas-free auctions, sadly) and Rarible, which overall going by Reddit complaints and discord seems to be an overall shit show hiding half of it's massive fees, but every platform seems just loaded with zero effort color variants of the same lazy redrawn images and it's nigh impossible to actually use it legitimately. Also, of course, all i got from joining any discord is a tidal wave of scammers contacting me within seconds, and thousands of the same low effort "hey wanna buy my stuff" posts everywhere from users who, surprisingly, couldn't get their shit sold on gunpoint but won't stop spamming it regardless. It's just been a super annoying and ridiculously priced experience.

Do you guys have some ideas on this? Preferably one where you could sell for less than hundreds of dollars and still get a profit out of a sale?

https://www.aesthetes.art/ might be of interest to you. It's being developed on the XRP Ledger.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Sure you receive that amount (minus transfer/withdrawal fees), why not?
Be sure to use a reputable fiat exit ramp (Kraken, Coinbase, bitpanda etc etc) but you have to do KYC on most to be able to withdraw a certain amount.

Your bank is going to ask you where that money is suddenly coming from. Depending on your country, tax agency is going to be very interested in it.
In germany no taxes after holding it over a year but better have the receipts. Was like that in Austria too but they are changing that (27,5 % when you exit to fiat) , so people expect Germany to go a similar way in the next 3-5 years (or sooner)

Last edited:

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Depends from country to country. You will be fine with lower amounts (sub 10k - at least from my experience), but if you will suddenly withdraw a 100k to your bank account, you can be sure that you will have to explain it to your bank and to the tax service, provide receipts and pay taxes for that amount (could be over 25%+).

Sounds like a non issue. It'd be nice if I ever made that much from crypto but I doubt it.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
I am still so confused on taxes with all of this. What if I claim this coming tax season how much I started with and how much I made, but hypothetically lets say there is a giant crash? What if I paid taxes on a certain amount and then its drastically goes down?

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I am still so confused on taxes with all of this. What if I claim this coming tax season how much I started with and how much I made, but hypothetically lets say there is a giant crash? What if I paid taxes on a certain amount and then its drastically goes down?

Thats a risk in any type of investment tbh if I understand you right. If I sell MSFT stock this year for a gain, then use the money to buy GOOG instead, then pay taxes, but then in the new year GOOG collapses and is worthless, I don't get that tax money back.

I may be misunderstanding your question though.

In any case, thats why holding is such a great thing

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017

I'm only familiar with the FTM network, and paintswap seems like it'd be something that can work. But there is ALOTof people trying to sell different kinds of nft, so for an individual artist it might be hard to get views.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
Thats a risk in any type of investment tbh if I understand you right. If I sell MSFT stock this year for a gain, then use the money to buy GOOG instead, then pay taxes, but then in the new year GOOG collapses and is worthless, I don't get that tax money back.

I may be misunderstanding your question though.

In any case, thats why holding is such a great thing
Yeah I think you answered my question and good example. But I might have misread, but even just holding, you still have to report it and could still be taxed? I thought I wouldn't be taxed unless I convert crypto into cash in my bank? But I've been reading you have to pay taxes even with holding.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I think you answered my question and good example. But I might have misread, but even just holding, you still have to report it and could still be taxed? I thought I wouldn't be taxed unless I convert crypto into cash in my bank? But I've been reading you have to pay taxes even with holding.

Luckily you dont have to pay tax if you hold in the US. If you buy it at 1000 and by the end of year its worth 2000, you pay no taxes on that unless you decide to sell. Even 'exchanging' the Bitcoin you hold to buy some ETH is considered a sale in the US as well. So you have to be careful about trading around a lot. Those tax bills add up if you are constantly selling one coin to buy another.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
Luckily you dont have to pay tax if you hold in the US. If you buy it at 1000 and by the end of year its worth 2000, you pay no taxes on that unless you decide to sell. Even 'exchanging' the Bitcoin you hold to buy some ETH is considered a sale in the US as well. So you have to be careful about trading around a lot. Those tax bills add up if you are constantly selling one coin to buy another.
Ahhh ok so if I just buy and hold one coin I am good. But if I converted a bunch then I have to pay taxes. Holy hell I don't know how I'll ever be able to go back and report all the swaps....

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Finally the investment into EXRD is working out. Year long consolidation that didn't move with the original market rise of the last year, then decided to do a 300% in the last week and now consolidating at 4x what it was a little more than a week ago. Might dip a bit more but still glad its actually doing something now and not just going sideways

Polishin8r

Oct 27, 2017
Ahhh ok so if I just buy and hold one coin I am good. But if I converted a bunch then I have to pay taxes. Holy hell I don't know how I'll ever be able to go back and report all the swaps....
yup, you have ot go to exchange one by one download cvs/xcl files and upload to Koinly or cointrader where they can calculate your gains and generate a tax form for you to submit with your taxes...

Big Powder

Oct 25, 2017
So in a strange turn of events, I'm one of of a group of 21 that founded our own crypto token.
I really appreciate this, thank you! I've been trying to learn more about airdrops but so many of them require an investment somewhere, so it's nice to see something like this where it's as easy as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wari Oman

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 2, 2021
So in a strange turn of events, I'm one of of a group of 21 that founded our own crypto token.

I appreciate the share and joined the drop. Seems like a harmless meme coin without overly agressive tactics or scammy bullshit.

Good luck with the launch and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr_Nothin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
OMG has been really good for day/swing trading. Idk what happened to cause it to go from 18.00 to 5.00 within 3-5 mins but I caught it at 12.60 and I've been trading on it like hell.

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
I wouldn't be buying at these prices. Not worth it. Possibly set some cheap buy limit orders for BTC/alt pairs conditional on BTC falling to $59K.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Welp had to take all my profits out of nifty today, can't leave it in a coin when it dipped almost 30% in a day and 20% the day before.