• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
First learned about Ravencoin here so figured I would throw this out there.

Ravencoin's difficulty and value has spiked the last couple of days and it is in the top 200 per market cap from maybe 1200 last week. Noticed in the Ravencoin discord there is a new coin Pigeoncoin, supposed to be to RVN what LTC is to BTC. GPU mining just started today, so if anyone wants to get in early now is the time.

No website or anything yet and maybe only Nvidia so far but a few pools have popped up. It might go nowhere, but I figure it's worth throwing some hash at it while the difficulty is so low (currently 43).

Pigeoncoin Discord Invite

ANN
Thank you. Bird coins for the win :)

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I got an e-mail about a security breach with my Cryptopia account and I locked it. I've yet to unlock it since.

Doubt I'll ever use that site again, to be honest, too many red flags.

Nov 13, 2017
I got an e-mail about a security breach with my Cryptopia account and I locked it. I've yet to unlock it since.

Doubt I'll ever use that site again, to be honest, too many red flags.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/form...ordered-to-pay-82-mln-in-class-action-lawsuit

Example of one that went down years ago. Similar problems initially. Withdrawals not being processed, suddenly a notice the site allegedly got hacked, followed by the owner bailing to China.

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
I think what killed it was when Wall Street moved in and started selling Bitcoin futures.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
AlfredNever.gif

While everything is down, COLX really got a special kick into the nuts. Down 50%.

Last edited:

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone here actually traded BTC futures at an exchange? Betting on BTC to continue to fall seems like free money. How high are the fees? What futures are there?

Oct 27, 2017
It seems that one benefit of this crash is that ALT coins have decoupled from BTC which introduces day trading opportunities.

Though to be profitable in FIAT you would have to find really strong performers.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It seems that one benefit of this crash is that ALT coins have decoupled from BTC which introduces day trading opportunities.

Though to be profitable in FIAT you would have to find really strong performers.

What exactly are you looking at that makes you think alts have decoupled from BTC

https://coinmarketcap.com/

Alts in many cases are double the drop in BTC, due to the fall in BTC and ETH value as well as the sell offs in the alt coins themselves.

This is why alt coins will be the first to die, they will get hit twice from sell offs.

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone here actually traded BTC futures at an exchange? Betting on BTC to continue to fall seems like free money. How high are the fees? What futures are there?
I think bitmex allows you to trade with up to 20x leverage. And there are referral codes out there to get 10% off.

Trading with leverage is not recommended unless you don't mind getting royally rekt.

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
I think bitmex allows you to trade with up to 20x leverage. And there are referral codes out there to get 10% off.

Trading with leverage is not recommended unless you don't mind getting royally rekt.
Thanks, but I meant a real (licensed) stock broker, not one of those crypto places that may or may not collapse at any time, freeze your account etc.

Prologue

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really sucks looking at the current market conditions, knowing I would have put 5k into raiblocks/nanoblocks in November if I got my money sooner, instead of January.

Oh well. Still got my dreams. Will continue to hold ven and look back in a year or two.

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
Daily in 5 minutes, time for 7200 -> 6800 and below in 30 mins.
*Nvm :v

Last edited:

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Guys? No matter what happens here today.... I just wanted to let you all know that I love you.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"hey it been a while since i check delta, lets see how bad my coins are doing."

"open delta"

not-like-this.gif

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
So that didn't happen. What are you trading, CFE or CME?
Just USDT and waiting to buy back in.
Expected more of a slide down after daily and 4H candle closed. Going down steadily to sub 7100 now though. Could see zigzag to 8k then back down to 6k. Or this could be temp bottom who knows.

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
Just USDT and waiting to buy back in.
Expected more of a slide down after daily and 4H candle closed. Going down steadily to sub 7100 now though. Could see zigzag to 8k then back down to 6k. Or this could be temp bottom who knows.
And there it is, $6,800. Worst daily drop since February.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
My condolence if you are a dec/jan bagholder :)
I hope this has a cleansing effect on crypto but who am i kidding, the moment we get into a bigger/sustained bull run, the last months will probably be forgotten pretty fast.

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
BTC down to $6600

200w.gif

Been trying to just stop checking this every other day but yeah.

Oh to have sold in December...

Oct 25, 2017
Jeez, I check this thread for the first time in weeks and it's barely moved a page.

Any news recently on rebrands or anything recently? Kind of forgot about Crypto for a while and don't want to lose a coin because I missed a deadline.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm down 60x was I was in December. My shit is holding on by its fingernails to stay in the black. Still holding . . . But consider it lessons learned.

Oct 27, 2017
What exactly are you looking at that makes you think alts have decoupled from BTC

https://coinmarketcap.com/

Alts in many cases are double the drop in BTC, due to the fall in BTC and ETH value as well as the sell offs in the alt coins themselves.

This is why alt coins will be the first to die, they will get hit twice from sell offs.

IMG_0777.png

Allow me to clarify what I meant -

For the last crash , around 6th February I think all alts seemed to follow a similar chart pattern compared to BTC and ETH with the exception of a few coins.

This time around, there are a lot of Alts that are rising against BTC and ETH. Of course without any fiat pairings the dollar value is still going down so CMC will still show a loss. Iota, bat, chat, eos, etc have all gone up in value relative to BTC and ETH in the last week. Some like icx and neo are still closely tracking BTC/ETH paths so a double loss dollar value - wise.

I mainly trade coins against ETH to build up ETH in the hope that it recovers at some point in the future. It's a gamble but allows me to do more without putting more fiat in. Of course if eth never recovers ... well that's the risk.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
First learned about Ravencoin here so figured I would throw this out there.

Ravencoin's difficulty and value has spiked the last couple of days and it is in the top 200 per market cap from maybe 1200 last week. Noticed in the Ravencoin discord there is a new coin Pigeoncoin, supposed to be to RVN what LTC is to BTC. GPU mining just started today, so if anyone wants to get in early now is the time.

No website or anything yet and maybe only Nvidia so far but a few pools have popped up. It might go nowhere, but I figure it's worth throwing some hash at it while the difficulty is so low (currently 43).

Pigeoncoin Discord Invite

ANN

I wouldn't put stock into a fork of a coin that still hasn't released it's whitepaper. We still don't even know what RVN is about, whitepaper and roadmap come out April 3. But it has an asset layer built in like omnilayer and supposedly will have the capability of dispensing dividends. Block size and x16r are not the entirety of RVNs function.

So whatever the hell pigeoncoin is will have it's work cut out for it

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone invested in ECC here? They'll be releasing their new GUI Sapphire and Address Name Service (ANS) in a couple weeks.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
I wouldn't put stock into a fork of a coin that still hasn't released it's whitepaper. We still don't even know what RVN is about, whitepaper and roadmap come out April 3. But it has an asset layer built in like omnilayer and supposedly will have the capability of dispensing dividends. Block size and x16r are not the entirety of RVNs function.

So whatever the hell pigeoncoin is will have it's work cut out for it

Yeah, posted that when difficulty was really low. You could mine for an hour on a modest GPU and get hundreds of coins an hour because the difficulty was 43. Difficulty ramped up quickly and is now 4251 so wouldn't really recommend it anymore unless people are interested in the project.

Have a lot more faith in the Ravencoin project, even though we don't know a whole lot about it either besides the odd interview (some people who are behind it, coming asset layer etc.) until later next week. If x16s ends up working better (less power spikes) than x16r Ravencoin project could always adopt it in a fork later.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
So TRX had another hyped up event and ppl sold the news again... never saw the draw of it besides being dirt cheap way back.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
So everything I am seeing in the charts, and everyone I follow for TA all points to the same thing: that the crypto bubble is about to burst, if it hasn't burst already. I am still fully out and will probably stay out for a while. There could be a long slow decline to numbers much lower than you expect ahead. Be very very careful.

I think blockchain tech has a lot of promise, but right now, the market conditions for investing in any crypto look very bad to me.

Make your own decisions and trade or hold at your own risk.

BTC with a significant down move after this post, to 6.6k. 7.1k now and ETH right at 400. I think there is still much more to come over the next couple of months. There will probably be a swing trade opportunity when BTC gets into the 5k's. I remain out of all crypto. Trade at your own risk.

TarNaru33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BTC with a significant down move after this post, to 6.6k. 7.1k now and ETH right at 400. I think there is still much more to come over the next couple of months. There will probably be a swing trade opportunity when BTC gets into the 5k's. I remain out of all crypto. Trade at your own risk.

Wait, you think it will go to 5K? shiiit I may get out too lol.

TarNaru33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So... would the advice be to pull out for awhile? Since Brandson pulled out, I am thinking I should follow it.

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
5K is the bounce, Brandson and others have been predicting a drop to 150billion market cap in a few months time, which puts BTC around 3K for its bottom
Sorry, but this is all pure speculation, based on nothing. There is no precedent. Nobody knows where the bottom is, and most will not be able to get back in until the rebound is well underway.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, but this is all pure speculation, based on nothing. There is no precedent. Nobody knows where the bottom is, and most will not be able to get back in until the rebound is well underway.

Yes, that's why I said predicting. I would argue that it's based on a fair amount of TA, but the actual sources would be more apt to break down why they are making these specific calls than me.