• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 30, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): use of referral links, self-promotion
I've an old account on blockchain.com with about €5 of BTC on it. I was thinking of putting a bit of cash in every so often - now looks like a bad time to put anything into BTC maybe later in the year.

Is Blockchain.com an okay website to buy and hold this stuff?

There are way better options. Either hold it in your own wallet or earn interest on it.

If you want to earn interest PM me and I'll send you a referral link where we both get $20

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
I've an old account on blockchain.com with about €5 of BTC on it. I was thinking of putting a bit of cash in every so often - now looks like a bad time to put anything into BTC maybe later in the year.

Is Blockchain.com an okay website to buy and hold this stuff?

There isn't really any bad time to get into BTC. If you want to use BTC as hedge against inflation, so basically to hold it and sell at some point when you want, then simply do unit cost averaging

If for example you have 100 € you want to invest every month, then put 25 € every week in, regardless of the the current BTC price. In fact, do this when it's going to a weekly low.

But don't constantly wait months for BTC to drop to a significant low price point to "get in".

After time you will develop good returns on this by unit cost averaging. And investing in BTC doesn't mean you need to become a millionaire. You can do it to achieve a certain goal, like a downpayment, whatever.

Unit cost averaging is a safe way to invest in BTC. It's what I've always been doing.

Especially now with institutions buying into BTC, it's very unlikely to go down to a significant low point again. So best to start now honestly

Since you are also in Europe I recommend Bitpanda. Verification is also fast and automated.

Oct 27, 2017
There isn't really any bad time to get into BTC. If you want to use BTC as hedge against inflation, so basically to hold it and sell at some point when you want, then simply do unit cost averaging

If for example you have 100 € you want to invest every month, then put 25 € every week in, regardless of the the current BTC price. In fact, do this when it's going to a weekly low.

But don't constantly wait months for BTC to drop to a significant low price point to "get in".

After time you will develop good returns on this by unit cost averaging. And investing in BTC doesn't mean you need to become a millionaire. You can do it to achieve a certain goal, like a downpayment, whatever.

Unit cost averaging is a safe way to invest in BTC. It's what I've always been doing.

Especially now with institutions buying into BTC, it's very unlikely to go down to a significant low point again. So best to start now honestly

Since you are also in Europe I recommend Bitpanda. Verification is also fast and automated.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try. I was also going to do a bit of a spread on a few other coins that seemed solid, but I'll see how I go with Bitcoin for now.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

This. I do that with CashApp and Swan Bitcoin. Its automated for me. Swan is super cool because it also transfer it to your wallet after whatever threshold.

Last edited:

belinho3

Dec 30, 2017
Hey guys, new guy coming in after all the talk of the past week, sorry if the lingo is not very technical (also not eng speaker).

I've been doing some research, but there's something that will be pretty important that i feel i dont quite grasp yet, which is the limit and stop limit orders.

If i understand correctly, when you issue a sell limit at a lower price point than market, whenever the stock reaches that valuation, the order goes out to sell. There might be a problem, if the price drops too fast, the order won't be able to conclude, so you keep the stock. Is this right?
If you set a stop limit, the stop being slightly higher than the limit, when it reaches the stop valuation, the order goes out, and when it reaches the limit, it is sold. Depending on the gap between the stop and the limit and the steepness of the drop, the sell might not occur, but its safer than a limit-only.

SO, imagine if I have a very volatile asset in my portfolio at 10$, and I want to issue a sell order at a certain point for when the valuation goes up. If i want to sell when it gets to 20$, should i issue a stop at 19 and limit at 20?
What about multiple stop limits? Like, one at 20, another at 30 and 40? Is this possible? What if the valuation shoots from 10 to 50, none of them go through? WHat if it lands in the middle, which one is done first (assuming i don't have enough stock to cover both orders?

Sorry if some of this is not realistic. It's more of a hypothetical, i just want to understand how it works

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Totally forgot I was holding a big ass bag of XRP for years. Would be nice if it could go back up to $3+

I'll check back in a couple of years, maybe itll be worth something decent then.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
Totally forgot I was holding a big ass bag of XRP for years. Would be nice if it could go back up to $3+

I'll check back in a couple of years, maybe itll be worth something decent then.
I bought 1000 XRP when it was like .17 cents or so, been holding for a loooong time. I think if it went crazy I would sell half of it, but only if it went REALLY crazy.

I wish my 7k Digibyte would skyrocket more though ;P

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
F69RRwy.png

coinmarketcap.com

WallStreetBets price today, WSB to USD live price, marketcap and chart | CoinMarketCap

The live WallStreetBets price today is $0 USD with a 24-hour trading volume of $0 USD. We update our WSB to USD price in real-time.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Feb 25, 2018

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Feb 25, 2018
You guys think the whole market will plummet again? like ETH for 200 btc 5k or something or thats forever gone
Everything is possible, but I'm doubtfull on ETH plummeting anytime soon.

Why do you ask? Because it is USED.

ETH could lose market to ADA, FLR and other chains that are better. Let's be honest here. ETH has first mover advantage, but it is stupidly slow and fees are disgusting. POW is crap. If they somehow fail on implementing 2.0 they could be in trouble. Competition is catching up.

I hate BTC so maybe my opinion isn't fair on it, but to me it is a ponzi with no use cases and bad for the environment. Also, double spend is a real risk. China controls most of the mining power.

I know short term gains are possible on shit coins because the market isn't logical right now. But my vision is to invest in serious projets that have use cases and that can solve real world problems. That's why I'm not touching Doge / BTC, but going into XRP/ADA/VET/QNT/LINK.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at my ETH holdings like "look at big my boy is growing!"

Avg Cost basis is ~$200 - $350

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Feb 25, 2018
No one here into QNT?
I'm so happy got a bag under 10$. This baby is going 3-4 digits.

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
👉
If you want an invite pm me. However, if it's to just to fomo on doge or something else from wsb this isn't the place. It's your money and that's fine, but id rather not have the discord turn into another fomo machine that costs people money like during the last bull run.
Not trying to backseat mod or be condescending, just tired of the notifications due to discord invite requests.

Last edited:

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many dogecoin gains have been re-allocated to BTC/ETH, lol...

This is quite a run and has my attention. I would like to see ETH to at the very least double from here within the year

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
gamestop money is pouring in as expected, which also means that the next big dip that happens is a great opportunity to drop out and back in from paper hands.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
gamestop money is pouring in as expected, which also means that the next big dip that happens is a great opportunity to drop out and back in from paper hands.
Much easier to just buy more than to time these things. In the long term you will want that LTCG treatment once BTC starts going parabolic (depending on your individual income of course).

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
img_20210203_174837uhja7.jpg

I've seen and participated in a bunch of pretty wild/xtreme gains (antshare, XRB, FLASH, COLX) and BTC is in another galaxy anyway but the gains ETH made since I got it in Nov 2020 are just beautiful.

Last edited:

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
so maybe a dumb question, but if I wanted to start some small recurring deposits into ETH & BTC are there any days that are normally "the worst"? (ie: on Sundays blah blah blah normally drops a bit) or should I just start it and let it ride no matter the day and just let it do it's thing...

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
so maybe a dumb question, but if I wanted to start some small recurring deposits into ETH & BTC are there any days that are normally "the worst"? (ie: on Sundays blah blah blah normally drops a bit) or should I just start it and let it ride no matter the day and just let it do it's thing...

Set it and forget it. I do that with Swan Bitcoin. Minimal fees and they even deposit it to my wallet automatically. It's great. I still buy if I notice a big dip but otherwise they take out 50 bucks a week.

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
BTC still going sideways? ETH should be the one going on a run now that it has finally broken resistance.

Alexander89

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
THIS IS NOT A SHILL, if you think so just delete it, thanks

but there was an ICO in 2018 for Block Collider, now Overline, its a defi without validators etc. unlike Polkadot/Cosmos, it was pretty hyped , whitelist ended in 15 seconds etc. but pretty quiet since then. The CEO didnt hype things like others without product do.

Only 7 million mcap, defi, miners are earning Overline (in Ico you got Emblems)

but thats not my point, my point is now Defi coins go to x10-100 just like that but this one has been in the works for a while and the most important thing is hes got some big ass connections

He was on FoxNews a few days ago (I hate fox too), he may come back again in the coming days to dalk about Defi or his project (its not him on the thumbnail)

and he was just mentioned by one of the biggest bitcoin holders on the planet, it looks like they know each other, wouldnt be surprised if it lists on Gemini, there were rumors about Huobi but I take them with a gran of salt

It unlocks on 14th.

Im not saying its x100, you wont see it being shilled on Telegram like other projects but you have its CEO on Fox and being mentioned on twitter by Winklevoss

Do your own research, really

but im hyped as hell, they will talk about the project on Clubhouse on Friday https://twitter.com/ArjunRajJain/status/1357014255715966977?s=20

Just wanted to let you know is all.

Oct 26, 2017
I've held some small amounts of Crypto for the past few years in an "experimental" capacity. It's gone up and down but (as of this moment) my initial investment of £10 into BTC, ETH and LTC now stands at £66, £35 and £17 respectively. (I also have a few additional more recent purchases of a similar initial value which have appreciated in value, but whatever)

Obviously the dumb monkey-brain in my head says "Should have put in a lot more" back then, but thats just not my nature. I decided to take a risk the other week (after "missing the boat" so many other times) and buy a single stock of GME. I didn't miss the boat this time, but I did however forget to disembark and now that boat is sinking. Doesn't matter so much since (in relative terms) I didn't put much money in but it certainly has steeled my resolve against throwing "large" amounts of money at something.

So, how that ties into Crypto:

I want to "get in" a bit deeper, and I think I have come up with a plan as to how to finance it, which I'd like to run by you all to get your opinions.

Essentially, I have a "side" source of income (think "Beer money") which I keep separate from that I earn from my job. I think what I'd like to do is put approximately 25% of my earnings from that into crypto. This isn't going to amount to all that much, maybe in the region of £10-20 per month. This way, I can satisfy my FOMO without risking my actual finances, whilst still making an overall profit (From the 75% not crypto-ed). Does this sound sensible?

The only thing is, I'm not really sure where to put it all! Obviously btc has performed the best for me, and ETH has been quite good too, but I was wondering if I should maybe put some into some cheaper coins too? What do you guys think? Would appreciate some recommendations!

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
I've held some small amounts of Crypto for the past few years in an "experimental" capacity. It's gone up and down but (as of this moment) my initial investment of £10 into BTC, ETH and LTC now stands at £66, £35 and £17 respectively. (I also have a few additional more recent purchases of a similar initial value which have appreciated in value, but whatever)

Obviously the dumb monkey-brain in my head says "Should have put in a lot more" back then, but thats just not my nature. I decided to take a risk the other week (after "missing the boat" so many other times) and buy a single stock of GME. I didn't miss the boat this time, but I did however forget to disembark and now that boat is sinking. Doesn't matter so much since (in relative terms) I didn't put much money in but it certainly has steeled my resolve against throwing "large" amounts of money at something.

I want to "get in" a bit deeper, and I think I have come up with a plan as to how to finance it, which I'd like to run by you all to get your opinions.

Essentially, I have a "side" source of income (think "Beer money") which I keep separate from that I earn from my job. I think what I'd like to do is put approximately 25% of my earnings from that into crypto. This isn't going to amount to all that much, maybe in the region of £10-20 per month. This way, I can satisfy my FOMO without risking my actual finances, whilst still making an overall profit (From the 75% not crypto-ed). Does this sound sensible?

The only thing is, I'm not really sure where to put it all! Obviously btc has performed the best for me, and ETH has been quite good too, but I was wondering if I should maybe put some into some cheaper coins too? What do you guys think? Would appreciate some recommendations!
25% is a very high skew to put into crypto fwiw. but 80% BTC 20% ETH is a pretty popular mix. if you want to take 5% of the BTC and put it into little coins go ahead, but beware fools gold, for every coin that blows up 30 end up in the gutter; there's good reasons why 80/20 is a pretty common recommendation

Oct 26, 2017
25% is a very high skew to put into crypto fwiw. but 80% BTC 20% ETH is a pretty popular mix. if you want to take 5% of the BTC and put it into little coins go ahead, but beware fools gold, for every coin that blows up 30 end up in the gutter; there's good reasons why 80/20 is a pretty common recommendation

Cool, will keep it in mind, thanks :)

Just so we're clear, its 25% of my beer money, not my actual income. Based on what I did last year that would have been around £200 total

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool, will keep it in mind, thanks :)

Just so we're clear, its 25% of my beer money, not my actual income. Based on what I did last year that would have been around £200 total

I think thats a solid strategy. I do something similar where I buy $10 of bitcoin and $8 of eth every wednesday. When things hit new highs, I pull a bit out. When things drop, sometimes I'll buy a bit more. But mostly I leave it automated, and its worked well in building capital so far.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
A few years ago I got TRX currently got around $70 worth. I am now thinking of transferring this $70 to another currency what's the talk of the town currently. I ain't big on Crypto and literally just check this every 6 months or so tbh

Pangya

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is there anyone here that owns a cryptokitty? There's a cross promotion for an NBA top shot moment that I'm interested and willing to pay for (I'd rather deal with a member rather than go through the marketplace).

DannyClash

Oct 25, 2017

I'm starting to think I should take some long positions on third gen chains, like ada etc

Last edited:

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there anyone here that owns a cryptokitty? There's a cross promotion for an NBA top shot moment that I'm interested and willing to pay for (I'd rather deal with a member rather than go through the marketplace).
Surprised to not see much talk of NBA Top Shots on here, or is it mentioned in another thread? Several of my buddies are big in to it, have made bank (on paper, gotta wait a long time for real money withdrawals...). Also the idea is cynical genius, basically a lootbox with infinite sales potential - but without the hassle of having to make and support a videogame!

Pangya

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised to not see much talk of NBA Top Shots on here, or is it mentioned in another thread? Several of my buddies are big in to it, have made bank (on paper, gotta wait a long time for real money withdrawals...). Also the idea is cynical genius, basically a lootbox with infinite sales potential - but without the hassle of having to make and support a videogame!

I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere else on Era. I'm guessing there's not a huge intersection of NBA fans and crypto fans on here.