• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I should have sold everything Jan 1!

Oh well. Let's let it rideeeee.

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone would agree that Ethereum needs to improve its performance significantly. There are lots of people working on that from different angles. Building a decentralized network that is both secure and fast is a challenge. What competition do you think is moving faster on that front?

Everything I read points to NEO, aside from already being quicker than ETH, also has a better plan for getting to 100,000 TPS in the next couple of years.

Then there's EOS which is more of a risk and as you say it doesn't even exist yet, but ultimately it's being built by Dan Larimer so I think it will at least work as intended, even if it's eventually ruined by dodgy business practices.

XBY will probably even beat ETH to a scalable main net

Just to clarify, I'm not shilling for these coins, I hold more ETH than the others because I've learned my lesson about trading on the tech when clearly the hype matters much much more at this point. But I still think it's worth knowing in case that ever changes.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I think short to mid-term my portfolio is going to be saved by 2/5ths of my holds, but everything else is long hold.

Just sitting back and watching the world burn right now.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Not bad. I'm not a big believer in TA but you've often been pretty spot-on. Predictions on how low it will go?

This one is tough. I think the price slowly meanders down until dumping to around 7.5k GDAX, where it bounces strongly. Depending on what happens there, it could fall again to around 6.5k GDAX. If that happens, 6.5k should be the end.

Buying the bounces should be profitable. Trade at your own risk.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus christ I don't know what to do :D

Bask in the warmth.

nTxDaWT.gif

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
This one is tough. I think the price slowly meanders down until dumping to around 7.5k GDAX, where it bounces strongly. Depending on what happens there, it could fall again to around 6.5k GDAX. If that happens, 6.5k should be the end.

Buying the bounces should be profitable. Trade at your own risk.
Bounce back how strongly and to where? Then after that back to 6.5 possibly?

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Tether has begun burning tokens. 332m burned so far. Trying to go clean? Exiting the scam game?

Maybe. Could be trying to keep the value of Tether from falling. Could be moving more operations to their Ethereum-based version of USDT. It's ridiculous how little transparency is available for a crypto asset that serves the function that Tether does.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"hey i been playing MHW for a long time it about time to check my coins and see what they are doing."
"open up delta"

tenor.gif

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Friends who got late into XRP (over 1,5 €) don't want to talk to me about coins anymore xD.

eziochrist

Oct 28, 2017
luckily my largest holding is nano in which i got at 2-3 so i have a long while before i see any red, shame ark is starting to go red for me

Rocket786

Oct 27, 2017
"hey i been playing MHW for a long time it about time to check my coins and see what they are doing."
"open up delta"

tenor.gif

Anyone checking Delta right now is clearly a masochist. Remove the app, sign off from your account on your phone, shut off your phone, lock your phone up in a safe, throw the safe in the ocean, write down the coordinates, and come back and fish it out in a few months.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are some of your top 10 coins that are not in the top 10?

XRB and VEN/T and...?

Is it WALTON? OMG? REQ? ADC?

Also, RDR2 has a release date of Oct 26th if anybody cares and hasnt seen.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, I might try buying Bitcoin on that Square app if it keeps bottoming out. It says a lot about Coinbase that I'm already looking for an alternative after 2-3 weeks with them.

Also, RDR2 has a release date of Oct 26th if anybody cares and hasnt seen.

Eh, fine with me, I'll still have to go through an extra 9 months of them pretending that a PC version doesn't exist until they suddenly announce it at E3 2019.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, as if the day wasn't bad enough.
Yeah sucks but hopefully the wait is worth it. Also maybe I'll have $60 to buy a video game at that point? Here's hoping.

I feel bad for anything else trying to release around that time frame. Quarter 1 2019 will probably have some big titles. If RDR2 isn't delayed yet again.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
If you want to lose money, go ahead. You can also buy them another 20 % lower tomorrow morning. And then it's rebound time.

Not waiting. Im buying about $1100 of something sometime today when it clears from coinbase and Ill buy another $500 tomorrow IF the dip continues. Right now just about everything is 66% or more off depending on the coin. I've seen this before, now isn't the time to sit on your wallet trying to catch the absolute bottom. Maybe you will be right about tomorrow morning, maybe you won't, but no one buying at this deep of red is losing.

Trying to time the absolute bottom killed me last September because when things decide to bounce, they do it at such a ridiculously fast pace.... you get stuck chasing it back up and lose major percentage points.

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
Hell, sold my BTC for $10k a couple of weeks back, bought it back when it touched $9800 two days ago, and here we freaking go

ni2ZXh9.gif

Shorty11857

Oct 25, 2017
My overall portfolio is now about to hit 30% down...clearly me buying Crypto was what caused the market to collapse