• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
So I've asked this before, but does anyone hold Quantstamp here? It's an audit protocol to designed to find vulnerabilities in smart contracts. It could blow up considering how many ICOs come out every week and how many are based on the ERC20 standard. It's price also seems relatively attractive at $0.41 when it was $0.82 before "The Great Correction." 2018 could be a great year for this coin especially since it has a real world use case that makes sense.

LOL! I've responded to you a few times about QSP, but I don't think you've ever responded back. :)

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
I expect a small rebound when nothing happens immediately.

With how long people openly discussed / accused Bitfinex / Tether, the people behind it either have a very good exit plan to a remote island or some other plan. Or they are really really stupid and think nothing will happen to them.

Or they somehow can proof their "1 USDT is backed b 1 USD" claim and everything explodes up in relief.... (really slim chance).

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well dude, how lucky was this? I think there might be something to this TA business.

Have to say I expected the market to tank faster on the Tether/Bitfinex news. Could be a long drawn out decline ahead. I personally think buying now is madness, but everyone make his or her own trading decisions.
I think the market was already responding to the Tether scare during the last weeks, holding BTC prices at a low level b/c people cashed out. So that is what I think will soften the potential final blow a bit. Half the market is already expecting Tether to blow up soon so it will not result in an all-out panic.

Last edited:

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
I expect a small rebound when nothing happens immediately.

Absolutely. The market will rebound and lull people into a false sense of security until the official news comes out, and then everyone is toast. If trading the market now, I think don't hold overnight or if you are away from your ability to trade for hours at a time.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
ETH network is congested, looks like people are moving coins like crazy. Even MEW is showing me node errors right now.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Regulators are sure to have an opinion on this exchange practice as well, before too long.

This is true, but Binance is located in Hong Kong and has no direct dealings with any fiat conversions at all. They don't have to worry about U.S. regulations the same way Coinbase does being based in the U.S. Binance is probably the safest alt exchange through all of this. They never sold Tether for USD, they arent based in a place U.S. regulation can effect them (which is why they have the lightest KYC around next to KuCoin).

I worry about Bittrex more than Binance. Bittrex is US based and sold Tether for USD directly via wire transfers.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Oh lol
So if they got subpoenaed on Dec 6, and then still proceeded to dump almost a billion tether on the market, the fuck does this all mean?

Rocket786

Oct 27, 2017
LOL! I've responded to you a few times about QSP, but I don't think you've ever responded back. :)

I believe I did respond before! Haha, my bad if I didn't. I just keep hovering over the idea of buying QSP and just need some reassurance from my fellow Eraers. I still havent bought in but do have a bit of BTC left that I could put into QSP.

I'm just hesitant with buying another low ranked coin. I have COLX, ADC, and had FLASH until recently that I'm sitting on. I did sell FLASH so maybe I can put those funds in Quantstamp and look for other shorter term investments with my remaining BTC.

Since you have an investment with the coin, any news of why it's been on a consistent decline this latter part of the month (other than "The Great Correction")?

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh lol
So if they got subpoenaed on Dec 6, and then still proceeded to dump almost a billion tether on the market, the fuck does this all mean?

Perhaps they know the gig is up and its time to earn (print) big so they can buy an island outside of an extradition treaty!

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh lol

My guess, Bitfinex knew the day they got the subpoena that their scam was up. It would not surprise me at all if at the end of this we learn they used tether and their insider connections to cause the crazy ripple and btc surges in december. Remember BTC hit 20k less then two weeks after they got their subpoena. I think some major market manipulation was going on. Then come january, the market starts to correct for the crazy behavior of december and they print a bunch of fake tether to buy bitcoin. I bet they have been selling btc hard on the upswings and everyone in management now has nice Swiss bank accounts full of money and they are about to run for the hills.

Last edited:

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Ha. The timing lines up.
Now I wonder if the crazy rise in December when I first jumped in was all manufactured...
Thanks Tether scam for the space bux I guess.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My guess, Bitfinex knew the day they got the subpoena that their scam was up. It would not surprise me at all if at the end of this we learn they used tether and their insider connections to cause the crazy ripple and btc surges in december. Remember BTC hit 20k less then two weeks after they got their subpoena. I think some major market manipulation was going on. Then come january, the market starts to correct for the crazy behavior of december and they print a bunch of fake tether to buy bitcoin. I bet they have been selling btc hard on the upswings and everyone in management now has nice Swedish bank accounts full of money and they are about to run for the hills.

Knowing you have a government subpoena and then doing this would be one of the stupidest things you can do.

Especially if this was true, then the time to cash out the scam and run would be when BtC was $20k right after the subpoena. If you're going to pull a scam and try to flee from the Us government you don't wait until almost 2 months after you were subpoenaed.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
My guess, Bitfinex knew the day they got the subpoena that their scam was up. It would not surprise me at all if at the end of this we learn they used tether and their insider connections to cause the crazy ripple and btc surges in december. Remember BTC hit 20k less then two weeks after they got their subpoena. I think some major market manipulation was going on. Then come january, the market starts to correct for the crazy behavior of december and they print a bunch of fake tether to buy bitcoin. I bet they have been selling btc hard on the upswings and everyone in management now has nice Swedish bank accounts full of money and they are about to run for the hills.

I'm beginning to wonder if ETH's January pump was also partly Tether-driven now.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Knowing you have a government subpoena and then doing this would be one of the stupidest things you can do.

Especially if this was true, then the time to cash out the scam and run would be when BtC was $20k right after the subpoena. If you're going to pull a scam and try to flee from the Us government you don't wait until almost 2 months after you were subpoenaed.

If you are based in the Virgin Islands and Hong Kong, its much easier to take your time on a massive exit scam. Plus if you know you are already guilty and have access to a market the USA can't actually lock you out of, might as well make some extra money.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh lol
That reminds me, we will probably look back at that Tether Printer tweet that just said "Lol" after printing 700 million usdt in a week. :)

Almost no one ever gave a shit but that tweet always looked weird to me.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
So how long does it take for BTC or ETH to travel from Bitfinex to another exchange these days? Because if you add that time to the time of the subpoena news, you might be able to guess when the next dump will start.

cryptoadam

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
I think tether is probably a scam, but why didn't they just sell off at ATH and run away with the money instead of pumping 100's of millions to only prop BTC up to 10000$.

I get print fake tether, use to buy BTC, cash out and profit, but it seems like the cash out and profit part was missed.

either way tether and bitfinex will probably go down. Cheap coins all around. Hopefully this can blow over by spring/summer and some confidence comes back and real money starts getting pumped in.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

What the hell are they supposed to do with a Swedish bank account...?