• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Apr 25, 2020
The world is a miserable place at the moment, but all we can do is just wear it on the chin and hope for greener pastures.....

I've been waiting for greener pastures for over a decade.

DonNadie

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I scratched somebody's car parking at a Walmart. Both of our cars are going to need a paint job. Left a note and already exchanged info. First time I have to filled a claim in almost 15 years. Fucking sucks.

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
1:22 am can't sleep. Need to get up in 5 hours and will get little sleep like last night and feel like shit all day.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
My Irn Bru just got stuck in the vending machine. Monday's man.

Hope you feel better tho op!

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Out of creamer for my coffee. Had to go black.
Congrats, you've discovered the best way to drink coffee

black-metal-coffee-ftw_fb_840215.jpg

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hope you're doing alright, OP. Mondays are rough as hell, even (especially) during quarantine.

Apr 25, 2020
Fuck Mondays (and weekends tbh, the worst of human behaviour comes out on the weekends when they cease giving a shit).

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

Just watched the episode that your avatar is based on this weekend. When Louise gets her bunny ears stolen by the bully. Classic. Not sure if the one eyes snakes are a white supremist gang though cause they made a joke about it.

Is this from a Brazilian show? Is that magneto in Brazil hunting nazis?

My Irn Bru just got stuck in the vending machine. Monday's man.

Hope you feel better tho op!

I back packed in Scotland 20 years ago and saw adverts for irn bru everywhere. I had no idea what it was at first. Hope you got it out!

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
My nursing home facility had about 1 million problems when I got in this morning. Full day :)

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Pray tell what is on your list?
Games:
Continue AC origins . My last savefile is from November 2018. Not kidding.
- the telltales Batman game
-maybe free trial for ps now to play control and the tomb raider game.
And mixing a little F1 and FIFA in between.

Tv/movie:
-Watched first episode of Upload. Liked it
-Started to watch Titans season 2 yesterday. REALLY like it. More than boring season 1. 4 episodes in right now.
-started Rick and Morty. Hilarious. I ROFL Every time Rick burps and has vomit on his mouth . Lol
- continue breaking bad season 2. Last time I watched was 2013. ( YES !)

And then different movies I never watched. Right now I am watching annabelle.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Hope you feel better Russell :(

Anyway, I was all set to be transfered to a new state of the art store only to find out no one but a couple of the maintenance/construction workers are here finishing up and that the guy in charge messed up and I didn't get the memo. Now I'm just dragging my feet for two more hours so I can at least get some time in before finding out where the heck I'm supposed to be.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
It's a good day because I started a new job in a field that actually interests me. It's also a bad day because its the first day and shit is coming at me at rapid speed.

learning

Jan 4, 2019
Hey OP. If you're open to it, could you let us know what has you down? You don't have to be specific if you're not comfortable with that. Maybe we can help you, and it's usually good to get things off your chest and in writing, even if it's uncomfortable.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Everything is on fire metaphorically at work and it's looking very likely I'm going to be taking the blame for all of it. My ass is most likely fresh grass and I'm too tired of it all to give a shit.

So a pretty good Monday actually!

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for my 1PM call with my work where I'll inevitability laid off.

Seems like most, if not all of my department is getting or already has gotten the axe today.

At this point I'd rather they just send an email and get it over with.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
I hope you feel better in the morning, OP.

I was WFH even before the lockdowns, so not much has changed in my daily routine. I reviewed a bunch of pull requests that were made late Friday afternoon + over the weekend, and getting started on some minor analytics tasks. Analytics. -_-

Lakershead22

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I've done similiar op. I've cried myself several times within the last month. Lost my job due to Covid-19, girlfriend of 7 years told me she doesn't know if she wants to be with me. It's tough.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel you. I didn't cry myself to sleep last night, but had one of those long, deep nights where you lay in bed and think of all the things you could redo.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for my 1PM call with my work where I'll inevitability laid off.

Seems like most, if not all of my department is getting or already has gotten the axe today.

At this point I'd rather they just send an email and get it over with.

Ugh that's not fun either, I feel for you man. I hope you end up on your feet soon.

lemming

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. This is all wearing down on me as well.
Currently WFH for the second month, but seeing no short-term way out of this honestly sucks.

Been dealing with bursitis/rotator cuff tear/tendonitis all week. Getting about 2 hours of sleep per night tops while in unbearable pain. Today is worst yet. Have second virtual visit in an hour so hopefully I can get a cortisone shot. Excruciating pain.

I'd like to recommend Bob and Brad's YT channel. Perhaps try to follow through some of their online exercises. I know these are not substitutes for RL physical therapy, but they have lot of good material. Several of their exercises matched what I was given by a couple of physical therapists here for neck and shoulder pain etc.
PS: they are a bit goofey!

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Working at a job I absolutely HATE now. 3 people left and I got moved up into a position I do not want (no option not to or the company would have collapsed), and that I dread even showing up for.

I loved what I did for this company for 16 years. I can't stand even coming here now.

(As a side note, with the current state of this world, I am glad I have income...I just don't want to be doing what I'm doing...life is short.)

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
I was there last week OP. Been struggling a lot with anxiety and depression the past couple weeks. Feeling better this week though.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
Games:
Continue AC origins . My last savefile is from November 2018. Not kidding.
- the telltales Batman game
-maybe free trial for ps now to play control and the tomb raider game.
And mixing a little F1 and FIFA in between.

Tv/movie:
-Watched first episode of Upload. Liked it
-Started to watch Titans season 2 yesterday. REALLY like it. More than boring season 1. 4 episodes in right now.
-started Rick and Morty. Hilarious. I ROFL Every time Rick burps and has vomit on his mouth . Lol
- continue breaking bad season 2. Last time I watched was 2013. ( YES !)

And then different movies I never watched. Right now I am watching annabelle.

You'll enjoy Upload. And if you havent watched much Rick and Morty ignore the haters. It's a blast, and satire and gratuitous violence aside, has some of the best exploration of big sci-fi concepts of any show on the air right now.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
my relationship seems to be on the precipice of its end, and given we live together, joint lease, etc, this is going to fucking suck ass

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been sleeping well for awhile now. I even told my doctor I wasn't sure if it was the new meds, everything going on right now in the world, or both.

Might actually get an over the counter sleep aid, but man...

Faith

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
UK
My Monday has been pretty shit so just like every Monday I guess. Time to try and sleep.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You'll enjoy Upload. And if you havent watched much Rick and Morty ignore the haters. It's a blast, and satire and gratuitous violence aside, has some of the best exploration of big sci-fi concepts of any show on the air right now.
Loving Rick and Morty right now. This is my kind of humor :D

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
this have been my past weeks too. I have plenty of work to do but everything distracts me. No drive to do anything actually,depressed.

Yeah the distractions are the worst part.

Had a lot to do today and kept getting sidetracked thinking about my car because I want to get some work done on it.

Priorities I guess lol.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I burned up my work computer last night. I had been pushing it towards the edge, my CPU has been routinely pushing above 95 degrees under 100% load for days now, it kept shutting off as I would compile my projects. I already had ordered an entirely new machine, but it's in the mail, so in the meantime I just kept pushing it until it wore out. Magic smoke eventually came out.

It was a very, very good computer, all things considered. I put it together in 2014 for VR development, and it lasted me till now. I used the shit out of it until it literally couldn't go any more. RIP ol' girl.

So now I'm stuck for a week or two until my new parts arrive, can't go further on my project.

Also, it's wednesday morning, but still monday for me, because I haven't slept since sunday night.