• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Update:
Full release was delayed to 13 February 2020, and there will be a price increase to 39,99€($44,99) from the current early access price.

The game will have 3 acts on release, with more to come with post-release updates.

After Wrath of Sarisel and its debug phase including several hotfixes, the team will focus entirely on the release of the game. There is still work to do, but not having to divide our forces on an additional patch will allow us to go faster than the last few months.

This will lead Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem's release date to January 2020.

The release content will include:
  • 3 Acts of an epic and immersive campaign that will continue for years
  • A new endgame storyline, tied to the campaign
  • Multiplayer and cooperative content
  • Character level up to 90
  • 21 archetypes in the Gate of Fates
  • 40 skills(including summoning skills!) with 12 to 16 modifiers per skill
  • 4 Apocalyptic forms with their dedicated skills and attacks
  • Crafting
  • Character customization including the female character
  • 10 tiers of armors, special armors, and very cool uniques
  • Armor skin transfer and tinting
  • Customizable game rules thanks to area alterations
  • Secondary/optional content

But that's not all! Wolcen's development won't end with the release of the game, it will be the beginning of a long story of additional free content, new Acts, new items, new and returning features that will enrich the game and continuously provide new challenges and activities for players.
They also covered some info about Act 2 content, more here:

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019
Not fully confident in this they are rushing far too much recently been playing early access over year now n yea not sure why all of sudden they wanna release in few months

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The estimated release date from the Kickstarter campaign was set to October 2016. Didn't miss by much. Glad to see it finally make it but it hasn't exactly had the smoothest development. What I played was decent enough but there wasn't a lot of content. Hopefully the full release is A LOT larger.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Release date has been confirmed, 30 January 2020, as well as a price increase.
Wolcen development is approaching its final stage, and we are very proud of what you will discover next January. The content of the game will be significantly increased, and we decided to show you the difference between what is currently in the game versus what will be added on January 30th.

We believe our game will provide a very high quality game experience and are very happy to keep developing it with free updates. For that reason, and as planned since we entered early access, the game price of Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem will be increased to 39,99€($44,99), this will be the final price for the game's release in January 2020.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Glad to see the game making progress, and wishing them all the best. When I was working on CE, the Wolcen guys were an absolute joy to work with, great (and very hardworking) little team.

zektbach

Oct 28, 2017
So this game comes out next week (February 13th), is anyone else excited about it? I've put a handful of hours into it over the past few days and honestly, the combat is exactly what I wanted out of Diablo 3. It's sort of become a weird mish-mash of Diablo 3, Path of Exile, and oddly God of War (although that's mainly just due to one of the skills I ended up maining being a huge chained glaive skill).

I'm just hoping when it hits release that everything they've promised comes to fruition.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I'm pretty excited. Seems like a lot of people are, it's been somewhere between 1-3 in the global sales charts for a few days now.

Oct 26, 2017
I picked it up and finished the beta, but then I read that there'll be a character wipe upon release so I'll wait til that before I continue playing. It's a fun game, feels very D3 inspired but with more elaborate subsystems. Looking foward to the full release.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Been a long time coming. Backed this on kickstarter way back in 2015. The original "estimated delivery" from the kickstarter was late 2016. Glad to see it finally get a release. They've worked very hard. I liked what I played of the beta before they remade everything. Haven't tried the new version so will be good to finally dive in.

Abu_Ibrah!

Apr 22, 2018
They gonna raise the price once out of EA?
Curious about that myself as well. Just finished watching an hour and a half with of recent gameplay videos on youtube. Really interesting.

Having spent more than 3k hours on path of exile and 500 hours or torchlight 2, I think this is the game to buy. I'm thinking of buying Wolcen after Bannerlords, but if the price is gonna be higher, I'll buy wolcen before the full game releases

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Bought and beat the beta a couple of days ago. Its a good game with some odd bugs I hope they fix on proper release. Your attacks feel like there is power behind it even from level one. The loot could be better, you will get a lot of useless stuff. To me it seemed so far like D2 and PoE mixed with much better graphics.

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How much content can we expect at release ? Is there supposed to be extensive end game with pretty deep systems and lots of loot ?

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Curious about that myself as well. Just finished watching an hour and a half with of recent gameplay videos on youtube. Really interesting.

Having spent more than 3k hours on path of exile and 500 hours or torchlight 2, I think this is the game to buy. I'm thinking of buying Wolcen after Bannerlords, but if the price is gonna be higher, I'll buy wolcen before the full game releases
yeah i checked on Steam, they are raising it.
I'm gonna grab it before the 13th

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hmm, can we get more opinions on this. Literally the first time I'm seeing it and it looks pretty decent...

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Just played the latest build for a couple of hours and I'm looking forward to this even more now. The last time I played there was no story, cut scenes or any of that. Some (most?) of the dialogue is cliche but that seems to be in all ARPG. Combat feels responsive and feels like it has weight behind it and everything seems to work well. The skill and attribute system seems a little convoluted though. Looking forward to finally through the full game. Hope there's a solid end game.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I picked this up during the last sale using that £3.50 coupon, think I paid about £15 for it. I haven't gotten around to playing it though, I was waiting for the wipe.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
super excited about this especially since they finally introduced summons recently, i havent bought it just because I have the faintest hope it goes on sale again before leaving EA, but if it doesnt by next midweek madness (on the 11th) ill go ahead and buy it before the price increase. Unless they do a launch sale to boost number ack!

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda excited for this
I heard the devs went 180 from their original Kickstarter pitch though, I think the original pitch was an open world thing

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I almost bought it in the previous sale but the lack of controller support at launch killed my interest in this game. I'll probably buy it later after it's implemented. I'll gladly pay more (compared to the current early access price) if there's controller support.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
626f636f1687ab347eb604f2df7a4b252cbb85c8.png

Let's start with the tinting system. We want players to have complete freedom in their character's style, for that reason, we're implementing a refined system allowing you to exploit your fashion sense.

140 dyes will be available in Wolcen. You will be able to loot them, receive them as quest rewards during your journey, or in the endgame.Each item has a specific number of channels that you can use tints on in order to customize its appearance. Tinting your equipment and changing your skin consume gold.
Each time you loot a new item, it will join your skin list, and you will be able to apply it as a skin, regardless of the armor type, simply by opening the menu with the shortcut "B". Only weapons are restricted to weapons types, so you won't be able to change a dagger model by a two-handed axe model. All the items in the game are eligible for being a skin, and that includes unique items.

661dc21ee390e3c22530cef013e3b795ce92c2b8.png

When you complete the three acts, you can access the endgame mode with all your characters. This game mode allows you to level up a new character without doing the campaign if you wish, by doing randomly generated dungeons. But mostly, it unlocks the endgame content and its rewards.

The endgame feature allows the player to construct buildings and complete projects for the City of Stormfall. These projects require resources that you will be able to gather by completing random dungeons with or without modifiers. The harder the challenge, the faster Projects can complete. As usual, completing higher dungeon difficulties will also grant you with more interesting rewards.

Once you complete a project, you obtain its dedicated reward and unlock other projects, which provides you with more and more interesting rewards, including additional bank tabs, talent points, components, dyes, and other cool stuff.

steamcommunity.com

Steam :: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem :: Fashion, skills, and endgame!

The release is only in 6 days now, and in addition to some skills details, we’re also going to introduce some new stuff: the endgame, and the cosmetic inventory!

Oct 28, 2017
I almost bought it in the previous sale but the lack of controller support at launch killed my interest in this game. I'll probably buy it later after it's implemented. I'll gladly pay more (compared to the current early access price) if there's controller support.

Thank you for answering this question before I even asked. Game looks interesting but no controller support is a deal breaker for me.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
This looks really really good ngl. Can't wait to read impressions at release.

I recommend picking it up. The 1st act not even counting the end game content in the beta took me 6 hours. If you really like these kinds of games you owe it to yourself to play it. Also you can either go solo or play with 2 other friends. You offline and online characters are different too.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
fuck it bought it, hopefully it wont have a last minute sale. I guess ill fuck around to see how it runs, no point in doing any progress as its getting wiped next week

Nihilus

Oct 28, 2017
Just bought it. Going in blind... Playing Grim Dawn and Inquisitor since forever hope it is as good.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Really looking forward to this, it looks very good visually and the endgame sounds promising. It's also nice with a skill sytem that is a bit different to other arpg's.
I just hope it doesn't suffer from the Diablo 3 problem of you levling way too fast and being too easy (I know you can change D3's difficulty but I've never found a good one).

In the beta that you can play now it felt like you just had to sneeze at a enemy and you leveled up so 'm a little worried.
I miss the days of Diablo 2 where having a max level char was not something that came easily. It just felt so much more rewarding. The loot didn't come easily in D2 either.
Again, it's just so much more rewarding when you have to put in effort. Nowadays people seem to have forgotten what a loot game is, it's supposed to be random, the chase for loot IS the game. When you have "the best" loot the game is over!

Sorry for the rant :P
Really looking forward to Wolcen, fingers crossed it's good! :)

Last edited:

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I guess ill fuck around to see how it runs

I'm playing the game at 1920x1080 on medium settings on my 3770k, GTX680, 16GB RAM and it looks bloody good and never drops below 60FPS (my refresh rate). I haven't tried increasing graphical quality because even on medium it still looks really good and runs perfectly. That might change in end game but even now with 10 or a dozen mobs on screen it doesn't drop frames.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
crossposting from the steam thread:

Amazing first impression on Wolcen. Played about an hour and a half, gonna leave it here because everything will be wiped in 4 days, just wanted to see how it ran and felt. Looks gorgeous (also looks super polished and..."current", I say that as someone that bought Last epoch and enjoyed it qutie a bit, but that game looks super dated and janky last time I played it), combat feels super meaty, even the spells feel meaty, and all the latest blog posts about end game stuff are very encouraging.

I'm playing the game at 1920x1080 on medium settings on my 3770k, GTX680, 16GB RAM and it looks bloody good and never drops below 60FPS (my refresh rate). I haven't tried increasing graphical quality because even on medium it still looks really good and runs perfectly. That might change in end game but even now with 10 or a dozen mobs on screen it doesn't drop frames.

I had everything on very high and it chugged a bit so changed everything to high (I cba changing each setting to see what helps) and I was getting 60fps and it looks gorgeous.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
this game looks too good for me to never even heard about it.

end game sounds cool too

so 3 acts with each act around 6 hours? The super low gameplay hour from steam reviews concerns me.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
this game looks too good for me to never even heard about it.

end game sounds cool too

so 3 acts with each act around 6 hours? The super low gameplay hour from steam reviews concerns me.

the story mode of these games is basically just tutorial, they even say you only need to do it once and subsequent characters can level up with systems from the endgame.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
still? it was act 1 two years ago when i bought it and refunded. this game will never get finished in my opinion
As far as I know, they restructured the whole game from open-world back to act based like Diablo. I might be wrong, I am only side-eying the game because I pretty much play everything hack'n'slay. This one always looked promising but impressions are very mixed.

Jun 1, 2018
As far as I know, they restructured the whole game from open-world back to act based like Diablo. I might be wrong, I am only side-eying the game because I pretty much play everything hack'n'slay. This one always looked promising but impressions are very mixed.
Yeah I bought it because I also love hacknslay but this game is just not good, its awfully optimised and people should know that it could crash even in the intro screen. Just look at the steam forums i wasnt the only one. so be cautious.