• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
ck3_005nqkuz.png

Bagge was a good dude. Look at these monstrous stats. He became High King of Scandinavia, Fylkir of the newly reformed Asatru faith, and gained 'the Divine' as title for consecrating the bloodline in his lifetime.

He also liked to party, even if he was shy.

He is succeeded by... a 9 year old girl. This is gonna be hard. My aunt already wants to take the empire from me.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Bagge was a good dude. Look at these monstrous stats. He became High King of Scandinavia, Fylkir of the newly reformed Asatru faith, and gained 'the Divine' as title for consecrating the bloodline in his lifetime.

He also liked to party, even if he was shy.

He is succeeded by... a 9 year old girl. This is gonna be hard. My aunt already wants to take the empire from me.

He also just had two wives out of 4, he knew some restraint :P
I'll raise my glass to Bagge The Divine's memory.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
The UI graphics are so much better.
I find it so weird a patch so close to release improving something like this so much.

It's not that the UI is better per se, it is basically still the same, but it is preetier all around.

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017
Alliances are completely fucked now.

Like you just can't enter into an alliance ever, because you'll get called nonstop, and massive hits if you decline.

Most of the nerfs were fine, but this and the prestige gain nerfs are bullshit.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Do what I do: accept all requests for aid, and then ignore them completely dont even raise your levies that war is being fought so far away who cares anyway sorry allies we couldn't get there in time but we tried I swear

EDIT: WAT

Last edited:

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017
Also the AI is still braindead. If they're going to force you into their dumbass AI wars, they need to let you control their armies.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
sounds like i should sit this out until they figure out the ally ai stuff properly

i wish there was like a kind of automated history log. Is there? I can't even find the epitephs for my past rulers if it exists

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017
The patch has a lot of problems. Women aren't inheriting claims is another big one.

My 23 year old heir to a kingdom next door just married a 50 year old woman with lover's pox. JFC. This patch sucks. How hard is it to add a -1000 to weddings with infertile women for men with no heirs.

Last edited:

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Alliances are completely fucked now.

Like you just can't enter into an alliance ever, because you'll get called nonstop, and massive hits if you decline.

Most of the nerfs were fine, but this and the prestige gain nerfs are bullshit.
Good the system was completely broken before, it was way too easy to have someone else fight all your wars.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, King Ce II died 2 counties short of forming the empire :( His wife died about 6 months before he did, so King Geinda started with her kingdom before I inheriting one of mine. That does leave him with 2 kingdoms and 50ish counties, as well as claims on 2 more kingdoms. So I think he has a legit shot of snagging at least one of those in an opportunistic war... especially since the two of them are currently at war with one another...

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Sometimes you don't properly vet your candidate while you're fighting multiple wars. Resume looked pretty good. Didn't question it. Then my ruler died and in the changeover I went through my usual checklist, and I went to marry off my daughter as the game suggested. But she wasn't able to be married because she was concubine. And when I checked who...she was my concubine. So of course I checked the next place you check in a situation like that, and sure enough:

1HU2DQV.png

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, my situation wasn't so bad, but my new King Geinda, got busy while he was independently ruling my late wife's former kingdom. When Ce croaked and Geinda took over, he had Lover's pox, 3 wives, all of whom were lowborn with shit stats, and 2 of whom were cheating on him with various brothers of his. Definitely will have to make use of options to disinherit an heir or two once my newer upgraded wives do their duty for the kingdom

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017
I've learned to never land my heir. Unfortunately my current one inherited some duchy from a crusade kingdom from some aunt, and now I can't even disinherit him.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Well, his dad had inherited the kingdom in a REALLY tough spot, so a political marriage to a distant princess was called for at the time. And her dad absolutely saved me from losing about 6 wars in those early years, both internal and external... his army was massive compared to anything I could form on my own and he was just such a gentleman about accepting my pleas for aid and then stomping the faces of my enemies.

It wasn't even part of my plan at the time to inherit that kingdom through the marriage... though I had considered that if I grew far enough I might at least be able to use her claims to take it by force some day.

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017
So I think this is new? If you're polygamist, they won't accept your marriage requests if their religion isn't polygamist. Pretty sure this was ignored prior to the current patch. Stupid as fuck as it applies to religions that allow concubines too.

Found somebody I wanted to marry, had to seduce them first, invite to court, demand conversion, to finally be able to marry.

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017
Yep I learned that too. He also went and picked like the 3 worst wives possible.
The absolute worst is when they get herpes. Any of my dumbass kids get that and they immediately get disinherited.

Speaking of diseases is anybody else already sick of the diseased corpse rival event?

it happens way too much, and the odds of if getting your court sick is too high. It doesn't even make sense as to why it happens as I've had friends throw the body.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Two generations ago, I had a great empress with solid stats, and waited for just the right moment to invade Byzantium - they're the premiere blob in my game and had taken a huge chunk of North Africa. I waited until they were deep in a civil war with some breakways in the Balkans and declared my once-in-a-lifetime Holy War for Kingdom - and I actually had the advantage, up to ~60% war score after a year or so!

But then it all fell apart, they managed to settle for peace and call upon some allies to absolutely storm into town. And then just a few months later, my empress died, and her Inbred daughter took over, AND Abyssinia in the east decided to invade... so I settle for a white peace and tried to stabilize the realm as best I could.

Now, HER daughter was also badly inbred, and an absolute joke at anything other than Martial. But, with some luck and a shitton of money and troops, 50 years after her grandmother tried to take down Byzantium, I had the same opportunity - civil war, some revolts, and my own troops ready to roll. One Holy War later and the Kingdom of Africa is where it belongs.

7BAFADDFFCE7283A4EF2C9525F27E2FA1E5E76D6

I also had the opportunity to snag a few duchies from the Umayyads since they started collapsing a few years beforehand. Between conquests and some uppity vassals, my daughters are inheriting four kingdoms each. Very satisfying!

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit these allies love calling me to war, now I can't ignore them after the patch lol. The pope can kiss my ass too, constantly trying and failing with these crusades against this one guy, leave me alone.

There's a damn serial killer in my court coming after all my daughters, lost 3 of them so far, they don't touch the sons. Spymaster is a useless punk, it's probably him.

Now that I've finally formed my Empire I've been steamrolling these other nations. I had one big crisis during succession when my vassals rose up cause they wanted lower crown authority and outnumbered me.

Luckily my new Emperor was a martial god, had one and a half trees maxed out from the start, didn't plan that. But I speedran seigeing down all there castles and won by the skin of my teeth before I got annihilated by their giant force beating down my capital.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
The ally AI is 1000 times worst. How is it even possible?
Alliance is something you just don't do right now. If allies were slightly just a tiny little bit useful in a war, the penalty for ignoring them would be worthile, but most of the time they simply just never show up and when they do they make this huge fucking effort to be useless.
If they are sieging something, they make sure to stop sieging and go to a tile with nothing stand there. And then if you are attacked by the enemy army, they make a point of arriving too late.
I don't know what is trying to do. It stands like a bodyguard one useless tile away (it has to be useless, if they are sieging, they move away from the siege to stand still doing nothing at a useless tile), but then when enemies come it either just fuck off and disappear or wait for the battle to begin to move making sure it arrives when it doesn't matter one way or the other.
It is a disaster.

Meanwhile the AI will go from having 2 allies to 7 and make a coordinated death ball in 2 months.

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017
So a landless pope can call a crusade now. This is bullshit. Before when you took all his lands he just disappeared, but now he's still floating around, stirring shit up, and he's nowhere on the map.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Somehow I became 1st in line to inherit the Holy Roman Empire. Murder schemed the guy with the crown and obtained all the land.

Still have no idea how I became 1st line. I've obtained lots of land from places I never declared war against. I just assumed it's from all the marrying of my dynasty.

Oct 28, 2017
How do you transfer saves from Gamepass version to Steam version?

Since my Paradox account was linked to both my Xbox and Steam account, I was expecting my cloud saves to be accessible.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I became 1st in line to inherit the Holy Roman Empire. Murder schemed the guy with the crown and obtained all the land.

Still have no idea how I became 1st line. I've obtained lots of land from places I never declared war against. I just assumed it's from all the marrying of my dynasty.
The HRE is elective you became the next Heur during an election. You need to set up your own heir to be heir of the HRE too

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The ally AI is 1000 times worst. How is it even possible?
Alliance is something you just don't do right now. If allies were slightly just a tiny little bit useful in a war, the penalty for ignoring them would be worthile, but most of the time they simply just never show up and when they do they make this huge fucking effort to be useless.
If they are sieging something, they make sure to stop sieging and go to a tile with nothing stand there. And then if you are attacked by the enemy army, they make a point of arriving too late.
I don't know what is trying to do. It stands like a bodyguard one useless tile away (it has to be useless, if they are sieging, they move away from the siege to stand still doing nothing at a useless tile), but then when enemies come it either just fuck off and disappear or wait for the battle to begin to move making sure it arrives when it doesn't matter one way or the other.
It is a disaster.

Meanwhile the AI will go from having 2 allies to 7 and make a coordinated death ball in 2 months.

Yeah im Ireland and allied with France, France called me to help fight the English.

I send my modest army of about 1500 to join Frances 6000 troops, fighting around 4000 English troops

I arrive in flanders and see france have separated their army into two groups. Sieging two separate towns.

English army is just sitting there 4000 string waiting for me to arrive, beats me easily as soon as I land, france still just sieging. Then fights the two French armies separately.

Fuck it my survivors just sailed home and let france do its thing. So dumb.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So a landless pope can call a crusade now. This is bullshit. Before when you took all his lands he just disappeared, but now he's still floating around, stirring shit up, and he's nowhere on the map.

It kinda makes sense that he's still around. The Coptic pope, the Apostolic Catholicos, and the Pope of the East (Nestorians) are also not landed but remain active as head of faiths.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There is a "Dismantle the Papacy" decision you can make that formally gets rid of the Pope, but I think you need to conquer all of Italy or something.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Well i don't know why they elected me but fuck em, I'm saving up some prestige to remove that bullshit election crap. I ain't got time for that.
This game turns us all into monsters so quickly...

TBH I prefer elective succession. Yeah, you gotta do some maneuvering, but I find that all quite refreshing. And if you manage to replace all the Electors with members of your dynasty you literally can't lose.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
So I'm still playing my first save where I started with the reccomended tutorial Irish dude. Fast forward 100 years and I've the kingdoms of Ireland and Albany (Scotland) Scotland have an elective system. What happens if I destroy the kingdom of Albany title?

Will I lose Scotland somehow or will the title just be gone and I'll be just king of ireland and Ireland will now include the Scottish lands?

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm still playing my first save where I started with the reccomended tutorial Irish dude. Fast forward 100 years and I've the kingdoms of Ireland and Albany (Scotland) Scotland have an elective system. What happens if I destroy the kingdom of Albany title?

Will I lose Scotland somehow or will the title just be gone and I'll be just king of ireland and Ireland will now include the Scottish lands?
If you're allowed to destroy it it will just be there as an unfounded kingdom that will be inherited in your dynasty. So if you've got multiple heirs your 2nd heir will get Scotland pretty likely

To prevent kingdoms being lost on succession you need to only have 1 heir or have founded an empire.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018

You should keep the kingdom title as you need them to create an Empire. Once you are an emperor you can then give the kingdom to a vassal making things easier to manage.

Oct 28, 2017
I am soo angry.

Somehow I managed to get a daughter as first born for a Norse Asatru character, then embraced celibacy to make sure I don't have any male heirs and the succession passes onto the daughter. Groomed the daughter for 19 years, only to be murdered by someone.

After 30 years I found that the murderer was no one but the cousin and previous heir to the throne.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
You'd really think my LITERAL HUSBAND (King of Mercia) would not go to war with me (Queen of Ireland) over a county in Wales we both claim, but you'd be wrong. Had to bring out the big guns and invite my ally the king of Denmark in to absolutely bail me out.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
If I'm near death and have a bastard that I want to expose to make them my child, will my heir be negatively affected by my current player dropping in piety, etc.?

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Ahh the replies on the last page are explaining a lot. I was wondering why I kept dropping a prestige level for declining wars all the sudden. I figured it was maybe based on the fact I was playing a different nationality than before (not Ireland this time).

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017
Only 13 counties left of Catholicism, which my priestess is actively working on stamping out. I took out all catholic rulers a generation ago, there's only 100 catholic characters left in the game, and dropping. Soon the world will be free from the popes curse.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Sort of an unrelated question but kind of related are there ck sort of films anyone would recommend.

I've watched kingdom of heaven, currently watching the last kingdom on Netflix too. But yeah im super feeling this sort of history period atm.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, it feels great when the Byzantine Empire, who's been a thorn in your side for like 200 years, suddenly gets inherited by a Cathar and the whole thing collapses into a hot mess of religious infighting. Now just need to boot the Muslims out of the eastern/western coasts and we're good to go.

Sort of an unrelated question but kind of related are there ck sort of films anyone would recommend.

I've watched kingdom of heaven, currently watching the last kingdom on Netflix too. But yeah im super feeling this sort of history period atm.

Outlaw King (about Robert the Bruce) is on Netflix, I thought it was pretty good. The 13th Warrior is fun, Antonio Banderas as a Muslim writer that travels with a Viking band. El Cid and Saladin the Victorious are both great if you like the "big old school epic" style of movie. Seventh Seal if you want something more arthouse - CKII's "death playing chess" even is a pretty explicit homage to that one,

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I played some multiplayer with my friends and holy shit was that fun. We were just trying it out and I was immediately deposed as the King of Hungary, I farmed up a bunch of hooks on my friend's court while he lost against a much smaller country, I then joined the HRE in attacking him lo so he tried to assassinate me but he thought I was still King of Hungary and assassinated the wrong dude lololol then my other friend seduced his wife so they both assassinated each other. It was a beautiful, hilarious cluster.

One question, how do you guys handle pauses? I generally like to pause to read the events and the options but I feel like I'm pausing on my friends too much. I found that some events would disappear while I was reading them. Should I just slow down time? We kept it at default but I wonder if a slower time would help.

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017
Lobbing this back out there since I'm still unsure. Is there a downside to dying while being viewed as a sinner/un-pious?

naw, go for it. The only things that carry forward are gold, and a tiny bit of carryover of opinion. The only people that care about legitimizing bastards are wives, and even then they always stay at 100 for me.

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017
Also I just murdered the bastard child of my wife and son, mostly bc he's the first kid in my family that's had birth defects in a generation, and holy shit. The writing really makes you feel like a fucking piece of shit.

Also, my dude is tanking cancer like a pro, and I haven't even finished the learning medicine tree. Can you get over cancer? I've had characters get over other terminal ilnesses, so I'm interested in seeing if I can get over it. My physician is my priestess daughter with almost 40 learning, and she's a witch, so the "unconventional" methods of treatment are doing a great job. It did give me a cannibal secret though (oops).

SsCoJVZ.png

Last edited: