• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone worried about laptop performance... I just launched the gamepass version and had a click around and it seems to perform really well. Default settings. And then I noticed that it was only using the integrated GPU, as opposed to the Nvidia one (which itself is nothing special).

My laptop is well below the minimum spec, so I think either something later on will kill it or they've seriously overstated the reqs.
Thank you so much for this. I have an older gaming laptop and I was a bit nervous.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
lol welp. Got a hook on a neighboring ruler, he came to me asking if he spilled a secret on my bishop, I'd drop my hook on him. Couldn't do anything with his hook so I said sure. CANNIBAL SECRET DISCOVERED.

Oh.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Noooo, it's crashing upon boot for me.

XPS15 early 2020 model with up-to-date drivers and windows.
Sigh, guess my CK3 evening is cancelled.

Guess it's not just me then
Yeah. It gets to the Crusader King 3 splash screen and then crashes out. Fucking gamepass let's me down every time.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Just installed it and about to start my first game. Also picked my multiplayer name ''Brohan Brogarson'' >.> (Just Brohan was taken).

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
VSync isn't working on my secondary monitor.

My primary is a 24" 1080p 144Hz monitor, my secondary is a 30" 1600p 60Hz monitor. Without vsync, I get ~130fps. With vsync, I get a fluctuating 70-90fps. It doesn't lock at 60fps for some reason. Anyone experiencing this?

I had to set my 144Hz monitor to 60Hz to get my secondary monitor to play right.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
I've had this happen with Stellaris in the past. I had to reinstall the Paradox Launcher via Add/Remove programs in windows.

EDIT: If you google "Paradox Launcher Crashes on Startup/Not Found" you can find detailed instructions. Hope it helps!
Well this is weird, I haven't even installed it, maybe it came with the game? Anyway, I uninstalled the game and I'm trying to download it again, but I'll for sure look it up if the error comes up again, thanks!

spidye

Oct 28, 2017
everything I've read about this game sounds awesome (never played a crusader before)
I went to steam to buy it and then saw the system requirements. my macbook air from 2015 just died a little bit inside

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody know how to change holding type? I just took over a couple of Tribal holdings and I definitely don't want to give them away, but them being Tribal is sorta crimping my style.

E: oh, just found it.

Uhhhhh 500 gold 😥

Merino

Oct 26, 2017
Same. Thankfully it is only a small file so I should find out soon enough if the issue is the install or the gamepass version itself.
No luck for me unfortunately.

Saw this on reddit:
Keep crashing after the in ck3 logo loads on gamepass crash log is this [12:25:46][pdx_ugc.cpp:42]: No UGC backend available for current platform. [12:25:49][virtualfilesystem_physfs.cpp:1539]: Could not open file: pdx_settings.txt, error: pdx_settings.txt permission denied

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure some folks will be disappointed that the game rule for character nudity only has the options default and never, and not an 'increased' option.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Is there a demo? I want to make sure my computer can sort of run this lol. Or will I have to just risk it, try it and then ask steam for a refund (they will accept if only a couple of hours played?)

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
No luck for me unfortunately.

Saw this on reddit:
Keep crashing after the in ck3 logo loads on gamepass crash log is this [12:25:46][pdx_ugc.cpp:42]: No UGC backend available for current platform. [12:25:49][virtualfilesystem_physfs.cpp:1539]: Could not open file: pdx_settings.txt, error: pdx_settings.txt permission denied
Do you have avast? I typed something in the crash report and avast flagged it as a false positive. After I allowed the file it loaded lol

Jun 20, 2019
The tutorial is so, so much better than what Paradox has done before. The info pop ups are much better, too. You can drill down on any topic by hovering over blue text, waiting for the pop-up to "set" in place, then moving your cursor to other blue text in the pop-up. I'm impressed!

Oct 25, 2017
Early impression is that I absolutely love the different levels of zoom on this map. Being able to zoom in to see the terrain and then get the gorgeous realm map when zoomed out a little bit is much nicer than how CK2 handled things. To say nothing of the paper map.

Sep 24, 2019
So how are the experiences so far? I am really tempted to buy it but I fear for Paradox DLC policy and might have to wait for a complete edition in a few years...

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Minor count in the ERE it is. I am already missing the ruler designer, but it will be interesting, hopefully, to play a lowly count on the bottom of the ladder. Work just needs to end and I can get my scheming on.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to take some getting used to the new menus. They're way better but I keep looking in the wrong places for stuff.

docannon

Oct 28, 2017
I know its too soon to say anything definitive, but the game is not up on Geforce Now and now I am worried that the Gamepass deal may preclude it from joining the service. I've been using the service for paradox games and I'd be devastated if CK3 is the one game that does not join the service ; _ ;

EDIT: May have spoken too soon. Apparently its coming soon according to a paradox employee on the steam forums. Can't wait!

Dec 3, 2018
Two key questions for me:

1) What are the chances that my new Macbook Air runs this AT ALL at well below Steam specs? i5 8GB RAM 1.5GB Intel graphics card. Has this been tested anywhere? I remember Paradox has overestimated their minimums in the past

2) Relatedly, any news on day 1 Geforce Now or a timeline for Geforce Now?
Seems like no GeForce Now as of yet. Anyone try the game on a crappy 2020 Macbook Air yet?

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
capture9aj5i.jpg

Hmmm, okay Microsoft, you got me. I feel blessed with GamePass and its incredible savings...

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
I don't like that if I'm at war my troops don't appear obviously on the map unless I'm in realms map mode. If I'm at war I should be able to see the army and the number of troops on the main map at all times, no matter how far zoomed out I am in whatever map mode.

There is a lot of information to take in here and it will take me hours to understand it all even with a passing knowledge of CK2.

Also, auto-pause on events needs to be a thing and I need to be able to cancel any alerts that cover other screen real estate instead of waiting for them to go away. Losing a war is definitely worth an auto-pause I believe. At least let me set it like in EU4.

Last edited:

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
Starring as an African pagan at the very bottom of the map in the earliest start date. My current plan is to conquer all the holy sites of my faith so I can reform it and found my evil empire of human sacrifice and cannabilism.

Duuke

Oct 30, 2017
Not really familiar with the game, and it's hard to find info about Multiplayer. Is it a fully fledged multiplayer where you essentially can play the full game with up to 64 other players on the same map?