• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
CK2_IronCentury_1920x1080.jpg

We want players for the finest of medieval grand strategy RPGemups, Crusader Kings II. The base game is free, and you would not need any of the DLC to play with us, as it works off whatever DLC the host has. Our previous game was in EU4, you can see who won that game here.

Play Times: Wednesday 20:30 - 22:00 BST, Sunday 20:00 - 22:00 BST

Proposed Rules (Thanks Jegriva)

Starting Date: 936 AD

Picks: Any Independent/Non-Independent Counts or Non-Independent Dukes are allowed.

Game Rules: everything at default except the following things:

Border Dispute Wars: off
Devil Worshippers: none
Major Epidemics: delayed dynamic
Childhood Focus Alerts: minimal
Nomad Stability: unstable
Sunset Invasion: fuck no, good Lord!
Mongol Invasion: delayed random
Generate Families: yes
Exclave Independence: Limited Naval
Defensive Pacts: off
Supernatural events: off, we don't want immortal characters, or chessgames with Death :)
Absurd Events: off
Dynamic De Jure Drift: Restricted
Culture Conversion: combination
Pagan Reformations: allowed
Multiplayer Assassinations: No Players Relatives
Multiplayer Invasions: off
Multiplayer 3rd Party Claims: limited
Pregnancy Flavor: off
Great Works: off
Hellenic Revival: on
No Custom KIngdoms/Empires

Speed: Speed 2 -3, if you consistently cause the game to drop below Speed 2 you will be kicked for the duration of the session. One rejoin per session, if you crash out multiple times, wait for someone else to drop out and then you can of course also rejoin.

Player List!
  1. KingSnake - Count Vlad of Targoviste
  2. Uzzy - Earl Cenfus of Leeds
  3. Manyo - Sheikh Mukhtar of Constantine
  4. Lausebub - Count Heinrich of Breisgau
  5. CloudWolf - Count Waltger Gerulfing of Teisterbant
  6. Geido - Count Judikael of Domnonea
  7. Pirate Bae - Count Reginar of Brabant
  8. Gabbo
  9. Zaku3
  10. Jegriva - Duchy of Milan

Last edited:

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
can we join if we are complete CK2 noobs? ive owned the game, and played a couple hours of it, years ago, but dont know my way around very well.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Haven't bought the DLC for this game in ages otherwise I'd be game. Planning on streaming it?

I might stream it. Though, you don't need all the DLC to play multiplayer, as it works off whatever DLC the host has.

can we join if we are complete CK2 noobs? ive owned the game, and played a couple hours of it, years ago, but dont know my way around very well.

I've played for 46 hours! I'm far more of a EU4 player, in that I have nearly 1500 hours in that game. Noobs are welcome for sure. You might want to find a tutorial guide though, this one looks promising.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
As I said before, I have a full collection of CK2 keys if anyone wants to host and doesnt have the full game.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm in. Waiting for the poison any moment now. At least please have mercy and spare my Glitterhoof.

Kira.FA37

Jan 11, 2018
Not a fan of CK2 so I'm gunna sit this out, will single boost the thread back to the top of the board though. GL HF.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not looking to sign up as I have too many other commitments, but I am just curious having never played CK2 or EU4 MP -- is 1.5 hours really enough for a satisfying MP play session? Even SP where I can skip time at will I feel I get sucked into hours and hours at a time. I have no idea how MP works though

Morfeo

Oct 25, 2017
I dont really have time for this right now, which sucks, as I would love to join. Going to read this thread and keep up that way at least. May the most peaceful win!

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Nooooooooo. I want to sign up so much, but I don't have a computer strong enough to run it now... :(
Really? My system is from 2010 and I still rock an ATI 5770.

By the way, these three Developer Diaries from Paradox make a great overlook of the situation in the game by the 936 start date. It's a great balance between religions and states. Especially in the muslim world (the Abbasid were on decline, the Fatimids still haven't conquered Egypt).
I suggest to use this guide to choose under which ruler play (if you don't wanna go indie count)

Christian Rulers in 936: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...christian-rulers-in-the-iron-century.1179793/
Muslim Rulers in 936: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...26-muslim-rulers-in-the-iron-century.1180028/
Other Rulers in 936: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...127-other-rulers-in-the-iron-century.1180499/

Last edited:

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
Really? My system is from 2010 and I still rock an ATI 5770.

Yes, really. My main computer died recently, leaving me only with a Windows tablet-hybrid. It barely chugs along even with flatmap mods and no trees/water. It's great for reading and light work (great battery life), but the most I can game on it is FF7.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Hey Uzzy , what's the rule for fucking other player's mums?

And being their secret dad.

And then screwing that player's wife and daughters for the hell of it.

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Would CKII multiplayer even be stable enough for a large amount of players?

Manyo

Dec 3, 2018
I'd like to be in. Any other requirements other than having the base steam version of the game and an Era account?
Played it a lot in the last year, so I know pretty much most of whats there to know (edit: that's probably not true especially when it comes to the DLC's but it's a start). Never played multiplayer, though.

Btw, you can also get the Old Gods DLC for free here: https://www.crusaderkings.com/ if you sign up there.

Last edited:

Manyo

Dec 3, 2018
I think vassal counts are allowed (just like vassal dukes and independent counts), just independent dukes would be too strong right away. But there are others like Paris duke (claim on West Francia), "Duke" of Sarkel, english-,german.-,danish- dukes, who possibly start strong. Are those allowed? I wouldn't mind especially if new players pick them.

And can anyone pick any religion when the host has all DLC but players don't?

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Duke of Flanders is also incredibly strong, though I'm not quite sure about the position of that duchy in the 936 start date.

That said, experienced players will have no problem getting a strong duchy within the first ten years :p

Manyo

Dec 3, 2018
Yeah, that's why I don't mind. We gotta bow down to someone sooner or later anyway.^^

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I am also in, but I still have to watch some tutorials.

I've added you.

So I get to pick first?

Yep! 936 Start Date, go pick!

I think vassal counts are allowed (just like vassal dukes and independent counts), just independent dukes would be too strong right away. But there are others like Paris duke (claim on West Francia), "Duke" of Sarkel, english-,german.-,danish- dukes, who possibly start strong. Are those allowed? I wouldn't mind especially if new players pick them.

And can anyone pick any religion when the host has all DLC but players don't?

Yes exactly. Vassal Counts are allowed, I assumed that was a given. So Vassal Counts, Independent Counts and Vassal Dukes. Any from that.

And yes you can pick any religion, the game runs off the host's version of the game, so any DLC the host has (which is everything) will be playable.

Manyo

Dec 3, 2018
Great, I'll probably pick a muslim then and hope I get the basics down before the christians come for me.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
I forgot to add it in the Game Rules: what do you say about "No Custom KIngdoms/Empires?"

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
You guys still taking sign ups?

By all means. I can add you to the list if you're interested.

I forgot to add it in the Game Rules: what do you say about "No Custom KIngdoms/Empires?"

I assumed that was implied too!

Which discord is the meeting point? Maybe i'll swing by tomorrow

We would be rallying around the PC Gaming ERA discord. If you're still interested I'll send you a link and add you to the list.