• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
It had to happen eventually.

Play this game people, it's the best strategy game ever made.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Sounds like CK3 is on the horizon then? Couple of months back all expansions could be gotten for 5 USD in total as well.

OP
OP
starpower

starpower

The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
VfdJsYr.jpg

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Crusader Kings 2 is one of the best games ever made. There is nothing else like it.

Now y'all have no excuse.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Sounds like CK3 is on the horizon then? Couple of months back all expansions could be gotten for 5 USD in total as well.
While I am not super excited by the prospect of starting over on the DLC treadmill, a CK3 built with the new beautiful (and incredibly modable) Imperator engine would be amazing.

I'm tired of looking at these terrible faces.

Oct 25, 2017
While I am not super excited by the prospect of starting over on the DLC treadmill, a CK3 built with the new beautiful (and incredibly modable) Imperator engine would be amazing.

I'm tired of looking at these terrible faces.

I was hoping for a couple more DLCs before the end, but CK3 would have a ton of possibilities for major improvements.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Just for the event apparently.

Unless its a get it now and keep forever, but after the event it is no longer f2p?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
man it feels like between the time i put a paradox game into my cart they release 4 dlcs

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
The Game of Thrones mod is quite frankly one of the best mods ever made. It honestly doesn't even feel like a mod, but rather the way the game was originally made. It is so good. In my current play though, I decided to stay in Astapor and then carve out an empire in Slaver's Bay. Meanwhile over in Westeros, that little shit Joffrey has somehow managed to throw in his dungeon and torture+kill:

Stannis
Rob the Young Wolf
Sansa

And a ton of other characters. There's a Lannister ruling the North, and Tyrion has created a Kingdom called the Trident. Yeah, shit over there is fucked.
Oh and some other Aegon
has appeared and has been promptly wrecked by the Lannisters. Joff is also married to Marg and they've got a litter of children.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for posting this.... I loooooove free stuff :D

That's the sound of your wallet screaming when you see all the DLC's needed to make CK II a full game

The Game of Thrones mod is quite frankly one of the best mods ever made. It honestly doesn't even feel like a mod, but rather the way the game was originally made. It is so good. In my current play though, I decided to stay in Astapor and then carve out an empire in Slaver's Bay. Meanwhile over in Westeros, that little shit Joffrey has somehow managed to throw in his dungeon and torture+kill:

Stannis
Rob the Young Wolf
Sansa

And a ton of other characters. There's a Lannister ruling the North, and Tyrion has created a Kingdom called the Trident. Yeah, shit over there is fucked. Oh and some other Aegon has appeared and has been promptly wrecked by the Lannisters. Joff is also married to Marg and they've got a litter of children.

Are The Others in the mod?

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is it weird that one of my favorite parts of the game is watching the map evolve? Every so often I'll zoom out to see the lay of the land... new kingdoms, fractured empires... It's fascinating.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

Stannis
Rob the Young Wolf
Sansa

And a ton of other characters. There's a Lannister ruling the North, and Tyrion has created a Kingdom called the Trident. Yeah, shit over there is fucked.
Oh and some other Aegon
has appeared and has been promptly wrecked by the Lannisters. Joff is also married to Marg and they've got a litter of children.
I also want to throw out The Elder Kings as an amazing Elder Scrolls mod of similar quality, and there are tons of other mods out there for other worlds (off the top of my head: Lord of the Rings, Warcraft, Witcher, Warhammer, Avatar, the Dark Ages, Warring-States Period Japan, and post-apocalyptic America)

That's the sound of your wallet screaming when you see all the DLC's needed to make CK II a full game

Absolutely. I believe you can even play as one and plot to take over Westeros.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, and before you start a game, you can adjust when they appear and the severity of their attacks. But obviously you have to pick a point in history that would make sense for them to appear. So if you pick Aegon's lending for example as a start time, expect to be waiting a long time for them to arrive.

Also, can you edit your quote with the spoiler tag.

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
Everyone should try Anime portraits mod. It cranks the game goofiness to 11 in a generic Isekai kind of way.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've wanted to get into CKII for so long but the thing is just so damn obtuse. I give it like half an hour and I'm completely lost.

I should watch someone else do a playthrough to even get the basics down but damn, those are almost as overwhelming!

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, and before you start a game, you can adjust when they appear and the severity of their attacks. But obviously you have to pick a point in history that would make sense for them to appear. So if you pick Aegon's lending for example as a start time, expect to be waiting a long time for them to arrive.

Also, can you edit your quote with the spoiler tag.

HOLY SHIT

It's not just the GoT period? You can go that far back?????

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
I've owned this game for ages now, but it's so dense and I can't even make it past the tutorial. Anyone have any good resources, preferably text & image based?

Woiwode

Banned
Sep 18, 2019
User banned (1 month): posting a video from a banned source, account in junior phase
This video showed up in my recommendations yesterday.
MODE EDIT: Inapproriate video removed

Totally sold me on it

Last edited by a moderator:

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like I just bought it a couple of weeks ago on Humble. Well, I'll probably never get a chance to play it anyway...

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT

It's not just the GoT period? You can go that far back?????

source.gif

The first game I played was as Aegon the Conqueror.

This game seriously brings out the worst tendencies out of me.

*in the council chamber*

"I don't care that his heir got himself killed in a hunting accident. Is he seriously breaking off the betrothal that we arranged because his second son is now heir, and suddenly my daughter isn't good enough for him?! Raise the god damn levies, no one disrespects my kid like...oh hold off on that for a moment. Treasury can't take that upkeep, plus we've got some restless nobles causing problems at home."

* later at home*

"Argh, look kid it's just going to have to...yeah I know our motto is Fire & Blood, but we...just use the dragons?! I wish it was that easy. Be patient, I'll find you better match. Yes kiddo, they'll pay in time. Now run along and practice your martial abilities like I've asked."

*in a dark passageway plotting with my Master of Whispers*

"I'll just take a loan from the Iron Bank, and then use that money to hire the faceless...YES I'VE THOUGHT THIS THROUGH! I don't care, just get it done!"

Dhoom

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Sseth's influence grows with each video.

Crusader Kings II is a phenomenal if difficult game to get into. Truly a fascinating experience, scummy DLC practices aside.

By the way, check out the Warcraft mod for this game, it's also very well put together.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Nah it's getting the Stellaris treatment

CK Mobile! Which totally won't be pawned off to some random studio to be a 100% re-skin of an existing game
Instead of Halo artwork it will have GoT mobile artwork!

source.gif

The first game I played was as Aegon the Conqueror.

This game seriously brings out the worst tendencies out of me.

*in the council chamber*

"I don't care that his heir got himself killed in a hunting accident. Is he seriously breaking off the betrothal that we arranged because his second son is now heir, and suddenly my daughter isn't good enough for him?! Raise the god damn levies, no one disrespects my kid like...oh hold off on that for a moment. Treasury can't take that upkeep, plus we've got some restless nobles causing problems at home."

* later at home*

"Argh, look kid it's just going to have to...yeah I know our motto is Fire & Blood, but we...just use the dragons?! I wish it was that easy. Be patient, I'll find you better match. Yes kiddo, they'll pay in time. Now run along and practice your martial abilities like I've asked."

*in a dark passageway plotting with my Master of Whispers*

"I'll just take a loan from the Iron Bank, and then use that money to hire the faceless...YES I'VE THOUGHT THIS THROUGH! I don't care, just get it done!"

The real question is if Glitterhoff is a thing in GoT mod.

Woiwode

Banned
Sep 18, 2019
I recently checked out Europa Universalis 3 and could not get into it at all. Are the games very similar?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Should be a dragon instead of a horse. Heck, the base game (with DLC) now has native dragon portraits!
I'm just mad that the base game has tables to randomly generate horse names now with the Holy Fury DLC, but the horse in the event is still hard-coded to be called Glitterhoof. I know it's a meme now, but it would be MUCH more REALISTIC if every horse chancellor had a procedurally generated name.