• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where Money Go?

• Cruisin' Blast

Votes: 156 51.7%
  • Hot Wheels Unleashed

Votes: 111 36.8%
  • I'm saving myself for Final Fantasy Mario Kart

Votes: 35 11.6%

• Total voters

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Which of these do you think is the better racing game for the money?

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
I'm getting both AND Chocobo and not GT7. I'm that kind of gamer.

As for the question, Cruis'n is awesome and I worry they've cut too much out of Hot Wheels for DLC but we'll see

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Both but I would go Cruisn, since the DLC plan for Hot Wheels is ridiculous (hoping there will be a "definitive edition" at some point).

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
giphy.gif

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Wait for Hot Wheels to come out first and then decide. HW has a track editor which always is a nice bonus though.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
The Cruis'n thread convinced me to buy that last night but I haven't had the chance to play it so can't vote. Pretty excited to give it a spin.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I bought both but if I had to pick, Hot Wheels. It has multiplayer and a track editor. The longevity will be there.

I've also played Hot Wheels for about 5 hours today, it's really good.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've gone hotwheels. It has online and has way more content. I'll get cruisin when it's cheap or gets online patched in.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I'd like impressions from people who've played both. I guesd Hot Wheels has only been out for a day odd, so that will come.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I love when there are polls at include games that aren't out yet haha. Asking for some real thoughtful, well-informed responses

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
I only bought Cruis'n so far, but it's quite a let down.

Races max out at a minute and a half, some are over in under 45 seconds. I'm never one to complain about rubber banding, as it's an essential part of what makes arcade racers fun, but with that, you also need game mechanics that make it at least feel like you're in control of where you'll place. In this game, nothing matters. Boosts do barely anything, tricks do barely anything, drifts do barely anything, it really feels like you can hit everything perfectly or hit absolutely nothing at all and the result could be the same. There's not even an illusion of achieving something here.

So my vote goes to Hot Wheels even though I've yet to play it, as I cannot imagine it being more shallow than Cruis'n Blast.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Cruis'n, baby:

www.resetera.com

Friends, have you heard the good news of CRUIS'N BLAST?

INTRODUCTION So it has come to my attention that, as of writing this, less than 100% of the Switch-owning population also owns a copy of Cruis'n Blast. This is a travesty, quite frankly, and must be rectified immediately — I haven't had this much fun on my Switch or PS4 in quite some time...

Ton of recommendations in the OP.

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, the thread I was looking for. I am trying to decide which of the two to pick up but it sounds like Racing fans can go no wrong with either.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Got both...not really digging Cruis'n though, Hot Wheels is solid. HWU feels like an actual racing game, Cruis'n feels like you are just along for the ride and don't have much control.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I have both, but have played Cruis'N a lot more.

Cruis'N:
-feels more arcade-y than Hot Wheels
- has 4 player local co-op as opposed to HW's 2
- Is only on the Switch

Hot Wheels:
-Looks amazing on PS5 and Series X, less so on Switch (but still decent)
-plays a little more like other racers than Cruis'N
-Has potentially more playtime built in due to track editor

Considering I bought both for the multiplayer, I've enjoyed Cruis'N more thus far, but nostalgia is also a factor for me.

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
I only have Cruis'n Blast right now but they look like very different games. Cruis'n is good fun though.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Got both. I truthfully like hot wheels more. There's a sense of speed in this game that's insane.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Think Hot Wheels is probably the better overall package, but I could see why people would prefer Cruis'n. I haven't played Hot Wheels though.

Wislizeni

Oct 27, 2017
I got Cruis'n Blast due to N64 nostalgia and threads on here, and I like it, don't regret grabbing it, but... go for Hot Wheels. I'm done with it as of yesterday, the singleplayer (even on hardest difficulty) is pretty easy once you learn to save boosts 'til the very end of the race, lots of reused tracks. I don't see myself going back to it now that I've gotten everything. There's nothing to do in there once you're done. If Hot Wheels has online MP, it's more than likely the better choice.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't the rubber banding in Cruisin completely busted? I remember seeing a video where they just held gas for the first half of the race and then were still able to catch up with the pack.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Isn't the rubber banding in Cruisin completely busted? I remember seeing a video where they just held gas for the first half of the race and then were still able to catch up with the pack.
the arcade game is notorious for this but supposedly it's been substantially improved in the console version.

Wouldn't be shocked if it's still bad. I love Blast but I would be so irritated when my placement didn't change after destroying like 6 other cars. Still not Mario Kart 64 bad but I am sure there is some rubber banding.