• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Just going by shown capabilities

Street?
Daredevil, Wild Dog, Batman at the low end to the High end guys like Spiderman or Full Moon Moonknight

Mid tier
Low end: Triathlon, Aztek, Stingray to Wonder Man, Wonder Woman, Ironman

High Tier
Low End: Thor, Superman, Dumb Drax to Firestorm, Alan Scott, Blue Marvel

Just to give you a sense of ranking and scale

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mid tier without question, they wouldn't last very long against the high tiers generally.

And I'm counting the range of force powers and lightsaber use.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
If you just go by the movies barely mid tier sounds about right. DC and Marvel both have telepaths and such that are eons above any Jedi.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
High or mid. I'd bet on Superman versus whoever the best Jedi is, BUT I think the Jedi still has a chance.

Jedi basically have psychic powers and telekinesis plus a fire sword. They're going to be hard to knock out on a one to one fight.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Live action only? Low tier for sure. Mostly because Spider-Man is better than almost all of the Jedi/Sith outside of Rey/Palps. Palps is prob high mid tier.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
jedi ghost would be high tier they can fuck you up, but you can't do anything to them,, to op

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I'm gonna say street. Sure the force pushing and light sabers put them at the tippy-top of street power level but I don't think they've ever shown the fortitude mid-tier heroes show. I can't really think of a time a Jedi took a high powered smack that didn't signal the end of the fight.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Barely scraping past street level. Actually, going by your list, probably not even that.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Anyone who can force push is mid-tier level for sure. If not, then you're very high in the Street level list.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, according to Abrams, the Force is an all encompassing magical power so someone like Yoda could body Superman in his sleep.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Low end of mid-tier for most Jedi. Mid-High end for guys like Yoda. Supers speed, telekinesis, mind control, a very lethal weapon and precognition will put you there. Plus of they have gear like star fighters they can punch a little above their weight class.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
bruh, no one knows who those d-list people are on the low end mid tier list you NERD!

Sheev is the only one has shown the firepower to make it to mid tier with his force storm. Snoke was supposed to be on his level(Luke says he's strong as ROTJ Sheev in EU material) so he could do some damage. Yes Jedi Avatar Rey beat Sheev but that was via deflection so uh yeah you can say she's really good at energy(force) deflection.

The jedi ghosts could be a real problem, no one knows what the limits to those things are, best to just disregard them cause we're never gonna get an answer as to what exactly they can and can't do.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
On-screen Jedi are generally street level fortitude with some very limited telekinesis and decent sword fighting and an OP sword. They're also generally pretty bone headed. Almost every mid tier hero would beat them, some easily, some with difficulty. Even some high street tier heroes could beat them tbh.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Quite low tier. The majority get taken out very easily in the films, by random disposable troopers. A selection of them could potentially be considered mid tier (Palpatine, Rey, Kylo Ren, peak Anakin and Obi-Wan). Standard Jedi would pose a threat to many heroes, but anyone with super strength or telekinesis or super speed probably isn't going to have too many problems with a typical Jedi.

jedi ghost would be high tier they can fuck you up, but you can't do anything to them,, to op
What have we seen a force ghost do in a live-action Star Wars?

Based on the films their #1 power would be the ability to cause sleep deprivation by not shutting up.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Vader, Palpatine, Yoda, etc, would be mid tier. Everyone else is street level.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Mid. They're a little too strong for street level; precognition, defelection, and force pushing alone puts them out of reach of any bruisers, martial artists, crime lords, lower elemental or energy manipulators, gadgeteers, and subsonic speedsters making up most of street level. But they're just regular ass bipeds at the end of the day which makes them susceptible to a lot of the more exotic stuff you see in the upper mid to high tiers. We can't even say for sure if the force qualifies as a match for telepathy or if they can just be put to sleep, but they definitely fold to anyone that can tank a lightsaber/force lightning, move faster than force enhanced reflexes, attack from multiple angles at once, or put out more raw newtons of force than a building's weight which seems to be the upper reaches of force based telekinesis. Masterminds seem like an especially big weakness for jedi, as they are really gullible and their precognition has a short enough range both spacially and temporally that anyone that can think a couple steps ahead and trap or ambush or order 66 them is in a good position.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can Superman resist the force? I always figured you need to control the force to resist others using the force on you so Superman would be unable to move if someone force grabbed him.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Most Jedi's seem pretty low tier. If we're talking about all kinds of characters in Star Wars there are some old EU character like Darth Nihilus who would probably be mid to high tier as well of course force jesus Luke.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Can Superman resist the force? I always figured you need to control the force to resist others using the force on you so Superman would be unable to move if someone force grabbed him.
I mean force user s feel feedback I imagine the amount of force Superman can exert I am saying not

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
High Street, maybe low mid. Anything higher than that and they get wrecked.
We know the force has a strength limit. You can see Jedi strain to lift objects. Superman can move planet's by himself. The force is not going to stop him. That's not even taking into account his speed. He can move faster than the speed of thought.

Oct 27, 2017
In the comic book sphere, they're not that impressive. At their very best, maybe low-mid tier. Spiderman could take them out with some difficulty. I'd even say Deathstroke or Midnighter could as well. They'll get decimated by by any high tier.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
High Street, maybe low mid. Anything higher than that and they get wrecked.

We know the force has a strength limit. You can see Jedi strain to lift objects. Superman can move planet's by himself. The force is not going to stop him. That's not even taking into account his speed. He can move faster than the speed of thought.

Well technically we've seen those Jedi have a strength limit. Not the Force itself - which lately is getting all sorts of fancy new uses.

Edit: Plus Legends Force shit was waaaaaaaaaaaaay out there sometimes. Not super out there compared to a lot of Marvel stuff - but certainly more... interesting than the movies.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Psylocke is probably the closest 1:1 match to the average Jedi in comics, but your Yoda/Palpatine class is probably a bit higher.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Psylocke is probably the closest 1:1 match to the average Jedi in comics, but your Yoda/Palpatine class is probably a bit higher.

I feel like i had this discussion recently for some reason and came to the same conclusion.

Your *master* Jedis are right around where Betsy Braddock currently is as Captain Britain- though Betsy as a telepath is waaaaaaay past any live action jedi.

Put Braddock up against Maul, Kylo, Vader, or Dooku and she'd likely beat them soundly. Palpatine's force lightning seemed rather over the top in TROS but i think he was channeling a bazillion sith at the time to pull that off.

Edit: to illustrate just what I'm getting at, top level telekinetics like braddock, kwannon, or jean would have no use for lightsabers. They can manifest more devastating weapons from their minds out of thin air.

That being said Braddock is mid tier *at best* right now and those are pretty much the top tier.
Your run of the mill Jedi that got "order 66'ed" by stormtroopers couldn't handle the Punisher.

Against an actual heavy hitter that wasn't screwing around the Jedi would get waxed.

Last edited:

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Not very high. A well-equipped guy like Jango Fett can hold his own against someone like Obi Wan. And that's nothing compared to Iron Man armor or something like that. That's more like around the level of Firefly, the Batman villain, who also has a jetpack and flamethrower.

Last edited:

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Not very high. A well-equipped guy like Jango Fett can hold his own against someone like Obi Wan. And that's nothing compared to Iron Man armor or something like that. That's more like around the level of Firefly, the Batman villain, who also has a jetpack and flamethrower.

Also amusing is that since marvel earth is *typically* lower tech than the SW verse is, Jedi would have a *much* harder time against street level thugs than stormtroopers.

I recall reading somewhere that the Mandalorians were a huge pain in the ass for Jedi to deal with because they figured out pretty quickly that blaster shots were just batting practice for skilled Jedi.

To get around this they switched to "slugthrowers" i.e. regular ass bullets. A jedi tries to block a slugthrower with a lightsaber they get a face full of molten shrapnel.

Now imagine what happens when a jedi runs into a pissed off punisher, taskmaster, bullseye, or similar. It won't be pretty

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Yeah, I think so too. I would actually place Spider-Man in mid-tier, considering he has feats like wrecking the X-Men, throwing around tanks and helicopters and *cough* KO'ing Firelord

These are not really great examples of where Spidey is.

The current iteration of Spidey would get *completely ruined* by a team of X-men, he isnt strong enough to throw around "tanks and helicopters" unless under extreme duress, and the firelord feat was a severe outlier- even moreso when you consider the suit he was wearing was retconned into having a severe weakness to fire.

That being said...

youtu.be

KotOR 2 HK-47: How to Kill Jedi

You can unlock this dialog after reaching an influence level pretty close to 100 with HK (you'll need to play VERY dark sided). Funny stuff! xD STAR WARS Kni...

Apparently if you want to kill a lot of Jedi, send Gambit.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Also amusing is that since marvel earth is *typically* lower tech than the SW verse is, Jedi would have a *much* harder time against street level thugs than stormtroopers.

I recall reading somewhere that the Mandalorians were a huge pain in the ass for Jedi to deal with because they figured out pretty quickly that blaster shots were just batting practice for skilled Jedi.

To get around this they switched to "slugthrowers" i.e. regular ass bullets. A jedi tries to block a slugthrower with a lightsaber they get a face full of molten shrapnel.

Now imagine what happens when a jedi runs into a pissed off punisher, taskmaster, bullseye, or similar. It won't be pretty
First of all Taskmaster ain't fighting nobody for free. Second he has a photonic shield and the skills of 2 blacknights and the Swordsman

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Well technically we've seen those Jedi have a strength limit. Not the Force itself - which lately is getting all sorts of fancy new uses.

Edit: Plus Legends Force shit was waaaaaaaaaaaaay out there sometimes. Not super out there compared to a lot of Marvel stuff - but certainly more... interesting than the movies.
My point still stands. Nowhere in the live action movies have we seen a force user who could stop a being who can move planets or who can move at almost the speed of light.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where does somebody like Captain America rank on this list? In theory he should be taken down by anyone with a machinegun or shotgun, but can magically deflect all incoming fire with his shield.

If Jedis have the same plot armor as Captain America, then I say they should rank in the same tier that he does. In theory they are as squishy and vulnerable as somebody like Cap or Wonder Woman, but just always manage to deflect or reflect projectile fire.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say they would be probably lower mid, unless the stuff about their weakness being bullets is counted, in which case higher low. Jedi can cut nearly anything in two, and have pretty versatile powers, even if generally below the higher showings of those powers in Marvel, but they have very little in the way of defense. If someone with even lower end super strength can land a punch in, they'd probably crouch over and die.

Also, I love him, but Stingray doesn't outrank Spider-Man.