• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IamAToast

Apr 18, 2018
Germany
So sad to see, I was really hyped for this, not only because of Remedy doing the campaign, but because I thought maybe we'll be getting a COD alternative for multiplayer.

All I got was 1 map (TDM) for Classic mode that I enjoy and that's it.
No private matches.
No content.
Still can't play the promised Gamepass campaign.

This feels like a mobile game ported to console in every possible way, right now.
Also the same Content that was in a Closed Alpha/Beta like 2 years ago.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
heh yea... can't say this is surprising. Still, some mildly amused (and even a few quite positive ones) takes on the Remedy campaigns in the other thread (I think people said Spectre was the better one, which is probably not the GP one, but also who the hell knows at this point.) I will play it and try it out, I think lol.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This game MP was so bad that it made me enhoy COD Vanguard this last 4 days

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
This doesn't come as a surprise.
The beta gave a good flavor of what the game was and that it wasn't anything special.
The total radio silence from both Xbox and the publisher before release.

The weird "error" that has prevented the campaign being free on gamepass - I wonder if someone fucked up the deal/ they changed their mind

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fine.... I"ll stick to the original

6f128ccd81fc03f05d91af37741afb33.gif

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Remedy usually are quality but this looks like something made quickly in the same vein as Platinumgames licensed titles. Probably needed the funds a while back.

Zep

Banned
Jul 12, 2021
I wanna have a word with people who said this multiplayer plays like CSGO. I'd much rather play the console versions of that vs whatever this trash was.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Each campaign is around 1 hour and 30 mins. Even if the campaign is good (is not), that's laughable and it further reflects with the scores.

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna have a word with people who said this multiplayer plays like CSGO. I'd much rather play the console versions of that vs whatever this trash was.
Crossfire (without an X after it) is the Counter-Strike clone from 2007 that is played by a billion people. This is a different and shitty game.

The original Crossfire is also quite shitty but it is played in Asian markets that can't afford high end PCs and was heavily marketed to them. It was a F2P game during a time when F2P was still an uncommon business model in the west.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
I love the phrase "aggressively bland".

As someone who's not that into the standard military shooter genre, I'm honestly a little confused as to why they are singling this game out for feeling aggressively bland, yet that doesn't seem to be a criticism against COD or Battlefield. They are all aggressively bland (though COD Black Ops Cold War at least mixed it up a little).

Having said that, these scores are totally fair for the MP, but seem pretty harsh for the Campaign. The two levels of the Campaign I've played so far felt legitimately quite good, and well worth the $12.

In reality, I could see the different parts being reviewed like this:

MP - 3/10
Spectre Campaign - 7/10

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Never had a good feeling about it. Only possible hope was Remedy's involvement, but the game always looked "blah" to me.

I guess we know why Xbox stopped talking about it at all lol.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why but I refuse to give on the MP, as I was really looking forward to it.

I forced myself to play the de_dust 2 clone map for an hour or so and I guess it's sort of like CS on consoles, if you squint.
Don't think it looks half-bad, to be honest, but then CS:GO isn't really a looker either, anymore.

I do hope they add more maps, and more importantly, a private match option, as I wouldn't mind trying this on our annual Xbox LAN.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I don't know why but I refuse to give on the MP, as I was really looking forward to it.

I forced myself to play the de_dust 2 clone map for an hour or so and I guess it's sort of like CS on consoles, if you squint.
Don't think it looks half-bad, to be honest, but then CS:GO isn't really a looker either, anymore.

I do hope they add more maps, and more importantly, a private match option, as I wouldn't mind trying this on our annual Xbox LAN.

I tried it again last night, I can't get past the aiming. I've lowered everything, there's just no way to make minor aiming adjustments as the acceleration kills it. It's still unplayable to me lol

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What killed me was the fact that enemies at a distance ran at a lower framerate than close.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I have to imagine some exec wanted to get into the Korean or SEA market a bit more hence the Kartrider Drift and CrossFireX stuff butā€¦ yeahā€¦ took forever to come to fruition and stillā€¦

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I tried it again last night, I can't get past the aiming. I've lowered everything, there's just no way to make minor aiming adjustments as the acceleration kills it. It's still unplayable to me lol

Yeah I know what you mean, it's just so off and different to anything I'm used to on console.
Oh well, considering the reception it'll probably just be abandoned and never fixed :(

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
You could say Remedy got caught in the crossfire when making the campaign.

I'll see myself out

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
This game is so janky. I have no idea why I keep getting out of ADS when I burst fire. The lag is also unbearable and the grenade throwing is so slow and kills the pacing of fights. The aiming is awful where it somehow feels so slow to aim and way too fast at the same time.

This game feels like it started off as a light gun shooter then somehow made it way to be an fps

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Overall, I liked both campaigns, but the multiplayer is very strange to me for some reason, I can't explain why. (My review is not ready yet.)

Two gameplay video from me:

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Both gameplay styles play like C-grade versions of CoD and Counter Strike respectively. It's one of those F2P shooters that's more concerned with selling you stuff than providing a compelling gameplay experience. Not to mention all the weird bugs.

I still want to play the campaigns but I'm not expecting anything amazing, although they seem decent enough.

Micro

Oct 28, 2017
MP is shockingly bad. Feels like a mobile game was ported to console. I really want to play the campaign though, as I love my 360-era FPS games.

May 31, 2021
Oct 20, 2021
0% of critics recommend... šŸ¤£

I played the campaign 30 minutes or so.
It's... fine. If you're really bored. Don't think I'll return to it though.

Jan 31, 2022
I really hope the update in March fixes a lot of issues that are going on with the game. Or I do not have much hope for the games future which is disappointing since Crossfire is one of the biggest games in Asia.

Oct 27, 2017
I really love Remedy and I was pretty skeptical about them taking this project on to begin with but it's kind of sad to see it being eviscerated.

I saw some extended clips of the dialogue and voice acting, it seems to have that remedy staple of being slightly odd, but the voice acting makes everything so much worse. May be a Covid limitation or some thing, but it sounds like all of the dialogue was recorded by people who we're not in a studio. The story just seems really needlessly obtuse and also barely there at the same time which is some thing that I feel like I haven't seen in a FPS since the PS360 gen

No doubt they'll learn a lot and continue on successfully from this project but it seems like FPS games may not be in their wheelhouse.