• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I mentioned this in the other thread as well, but the Japanese version of this game on Switch was handled by Dangen.

This affected my decision to purchase the game. You can find out more about these past allegations if it interests you.

(MAY ONLY BE PERTINENT TO THE JAPANESE RELEASE ON SWITCH)

If other regions are unaffected, then I'll look at importing!

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
advice to new players: dont hunt all the treasure chests in a location, even if you are a completionist.
-there are A LOT of them. you will burn yourself out. game is long.
-most of them contain worthless loot
-a lot of them are inaccessible until way later in the game when you get new abilities

just enjoy the game at your own pace and dont get distracted with chest hunting
This was stressing me out back when I played it before I realized I really didn't need to worry about it that much.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I general I would advise people to not worry about doing absolutely everything immediately. The game has a lot of quests that are supposed to be done "in the long run" and you can finish all content even after you beat the main story.

So DON'T STRESS. The game is at its best when you take your time, explore and LIVE in the world.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
VERY VERY VERY disappointed there's no pc achievements thru windows 10. Guess it's xbox one x time. maybe i'll check off "skip tutorials in the menu" and i'll be back to where I am on pc

Potoskull

Dec 12, 2017
Bummer there is no cross save between the PC (Xbox game pass) version and the Xbox One. Was hoping I could bounce between the two

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this was sorta on my radar, but I hadn't investigated it further. It's back in a big way. I loved SNES JRPGs, and this looks like a spiritual successor. Will try!

Oct 27, 2017
Any hopes of snagging a Switch physical edition stateside?

www.strictlylimitedgames.com

CrossCode

Publisher:Deck13Licensor:Radical Fish GamesSLG Pre Order Start:09.06.2020Platforms:PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC Go to the collection CrossCode finally on console!CrossCode:CrossCode is a retro-inspired 2D Action RPG and combines 16-bit SNES-style graphics with butter-smooth physics, a...

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I wanna hear from new players what they think!
The game is one of my favorite games ever made, I wanna see other opinions!

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jason Schreier said Switch version has some performance issues in a tweet. Hoping this can get patched.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Holy shit, I've been driving myself crazy because I could not find the game on the PSN. I thought it wasn't up yet, since every time I searched for Cross Code I just got a shit ton of other results. This time I decided to scroll down much further and there it was. Turns out the game is called CrossCode.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Jason Schreier said Switch version has some performance issues in a tweet. Hoping this can get patched.
A switch patch has been submitted and should be coming out in a couple days, according to the devs. Remains to be seen how much it'll address those issues though.

Though to qualify those issues, the performance only dips in town areas, not in overworld/dungeon areas. So it's not something that affects gameplay as much (though I believe there are platforming sections in towns).

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A switch patch has been submitted and should be coming out in a couple days, according to the devs. Remains to be seen how much it'll address those issues though.

Though to qualify those issues, the performance only dips in town areas, not in overworld/dungeon areas. So it's not something that affects gameplay as much (though I believe there are platforming sections in towns).
Not only can it be patched, it was already submitted. It's awaiting testing from Nintendo.

Oh, great to hear!

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the most current version on PS4 and does it address any of those issues (if it even had them, im unclear on it). I bought this today, and the version it installed was 1.01

Can't wait to play it tonite!!!

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Jumping back into my PC playthrough while I wait for the physical switch release.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I've only just started but so far the game is performing very well. We'll see what happens once I hit the first town.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing it for most of the morning on PS4, so far it's pretty fun and really enjoying it.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
advice to new players: dont hunt all the treasure chests in a location, even if you are a completionist.
-there are A LOT of them. you will burn yourself out. game is long.
-most of them contain worthless loot
-a lot of them are inaccessible until way later in the game when you get new abilities

just enjoy the game at your own pace and dont get distracted with chest hunting

Does this apply to the sidequests too? I got into the first real exploration/combat area outside Rookie Harbor and immediately got sidetracked trying to complete all the quests I could. Some of which seemed like busy work. I wasn't sure if this was the sort of game where the expectation is you'll be taking care of sidequests to keep up in levels, or if just kind of doing the critical path with the occasional side quest would be enough.

DoctorDake

Development Director
Verified
Mar 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Lemme hear your Switch performance impressions!
I played an hour over lunch; I think if I hadn't played the PC version previously, I probably wouldn't have noticed it being off? The menu certainly has a noticeable pause when you open a submenu up, and some early areas had a dip in the framerate, but I didn't feel it was egregious enough to say "this game has performance issues" if this was my first experience with the game.

The downside is....I did in fact play the PC version, so I know exactly how smooth the UI should feel. Hopefully the patch comes soon and resolves it! Gameplay hasn't suffered so far, but I only just made it to the mainland so we'll see.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I played an hour over lunch; I think if I hadn't played the PC version previously, I probably wouldn't have noticed it being off? The menu certainly has a noticeable pause when you open a submenu up, and some early areas had a dip in the framerate, but I didn't feel it was egregious enough to say "this game has performance issues" if this was my first experience with the game.

The downside is....I did in fact play the PC version, so I know exactly how smooth the UI should feel. Hopefully the patch comes soon and resolves it! Gameplay hasn't suffered so far, but I only just made it to the mainland so we'll see.
Having only played the Switch version I really haven't noticed much. The slight menu lag being the only obvious thing to me. This is without the patch also.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
EDIT: If you don't see a Screen Size slider under the Video settings on the Switch version, restart the game. It's a known bug that's going to be fixed.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
PSA for those with 4K displays. The Switch version will not take up the entire screen, you'll have a black border around the entire image. The Xbox One X and PC versions let you scale it to fit the screen. I'm assuming the PS4 Pro does as well.

Another game I double/triple dipped on to have on Switch, only to end up with a gimped version. I've owned this on PC forever but never played it because it didn't support my monitor's resolution, thus showing black bars, and here we are again. At least handheld is an option.

This is inaccurate. You can easily scale the Switch output as well in the game's settings.

Here's a screenshot of the option for anyone needing it:

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Since the Switch version seems to have performance issues I think I'm just going to play this via Game Pass on Xbox. I tried playing it on PC Game Pass but there was some bug that wouldn't let me use a controller.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Any hopes of snagging a Switch physical edition stateside?
www.strictlylimitedgames.com

CrossCode

Publisher:Deck13Licensor:Radical Fish GamesSLG Pre Order Start:09.06.2020Platforms:PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC Go to the collection CrossCode finally on console!CrossCode:CrossCode is a retro-inspired 2D Action RPG and combines 16-bit SNES-style graphics with butter-smooth physics, a...
There will be a retail release in August.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
Does this apply to the sidequests too? I got into the first real exploration/combat area outside Rookie Harbor and immediately got sidetracked trying to complete all the quests I could. Some of which seemed like busy work. I wasn't sure if this was the sort of game where the expectation is you'll be taking care of sidequests to keep up in levels, or if just kind of doing the critical path with the occasional side quest would be enough.
no not at all, sidequests can all be completed at the time you discover them. i never left a zone without completing everything it has to offer.
quality varies but i was having too much fun with the game to skip them

AfterZero

Oct 27, 2017
Any suggested difficulty slider changes to make the experience feel a bit more balanced? I just want a "normal" difficulty but I can't find a decent sweet spot.

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017

A lot of sidequests, I'd at least half, have totally unique content that's of similar quality as the critical path. There's also filler "MMO" type quests, but they are distinguishable just from whether the objective is collecting X of Y. Unless you're particularly tight for time, I would recommend doing the non-collectathon quests as they appear, both because they are good and because many of them unlock ongoing quest chains. The collectathon quests can mostly be completed as you explore a new area normally, so long as you fight some monsters and hit some foliage as you go; I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to grind them out, but I would make sure to accept them as they come up.

Unfortunately some of the collectathon quests also seem to unlock chains of more interesting quests, so I would also turn those quickly as you happen to complete them.

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding side quests, I do want to add that, while some quest lines may start out very fetch quest-y, they do lead to more interesting challenges.

Edit: Beaten.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Any suggested difficulty slider changes to make the experience feel a bit more balanced? I just want a "normal" difficulty but I can't find a decent sweet spot.

The combat sliders should be fine at 100%, that's the intended difficulty. I lowered the puzzle speed to 60%, because my reflexes and aiming aren't good enough otherwise.