• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
is this 60 fps on Switch? i played a little on game pass and enjoyed it, but would play it a lot more on Switch

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CrossCode is my favorite single-player RPG title since The World Ends With You, which released in (checks notes) 2007.

It's SO GOOD.

(Second place: Radiant Historia)

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
is this 60 fps on Switch? i played a little on game pass and enjoyed it, but would play it a lot more on Switch

Yeah, as said, it's 60fps in the field (in most combat) and 30fps in towns. The towns have a lot more detail and NPCs.

The 60fps target in the field isn't hit all of the time and in my own experience there is some stuttering from time to time even when the framerate is relatively stable.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just received an email - all the original Indiegogo backers who kickstarted this game will get the DLC for free. Fuck yes.

Crosscode is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, and it's awesome to see it getting more content.

Janus

Oct 18, 2020
The base game was a pretty great RPG. Great characters, intriguing story and the gameplay was nice too. Not sure how easy it is to jump back into the game. It looks like the DLC will be challenging.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
How will this work on game pass? I made it to the end of the game there then left it to wait for the DLC, but can I get it if I only have the actual game on Game Pass? I'd rather not have to buy and replay the original elsewhere to get to the new content...

DeadMoonKing

Nov 6, 2017
Damn can't wait for this. Played the hell out of this game last summer on the PS4 and loved it so much I platinumed it and bought the soundtrack on cd. Sucks we have to wait until summer for console but it's ok, lots of games coming out in the spring anyway

Whatttt? Noooooo, fuck. The music was one of the best parts of the game.

What if I told you they got Liquid Tension Experiment to do the music for this DLC?
They didn't

I just picked up a physical copy on NSW. I'm really looking forward to playing it!

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Played about two hours so far. It's excellent, especially on the story and character front. Fills in some holes I was hoping for and others I wasn't expecting.

May 17, 2020
I'm glad I saw this, I picked it up for switch a little while ago. I'm thinking I might wait a bit to start it until we're closer to console DLC release, since I generally like going right into DLC after the main game.

Oct 27, 2017
One of my goty for last year. I hated that I beat it on game pass coz it's an easy platinum. Might rebuy on PS4 to platinum and beat it again before dlc

Jan 21, 2019
The original game is my favorite 2D RPG of all time. I absolutely adored it.

For anyone that doesn't know about CrossCode, I heartily recommend it if you're into:
  • High-skill cap RPG combat with tough-as-nails bosses
  • Incredibly intricate and mind boggling Zelda puzzles
  • Super comfy music and sound effects akin to the likes of PSO
  • A gripping story set in a fictional MMORPG
Will definitely be picking this up!

Will I enjoy it if I don't enjoy:
  • High-skill cap RPG combat with tough-as-nails bosses

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Man oh man. If this ran perfectly on a Switch 2 or Steamdeck I'd buy one right away. So far only the PS4 version has been flawless for me (I own it on Switch, PC, PS4). Unfortunately the PC version has really noticeable hitching, at least on a high refresh monitor with GSync.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Man oh man. If this ran perfectly on a Switch 2 or Steamdeck I'd buy one right away. So far only the PS4 version has been flawless for me (I own it on Switch, PC, PS4). Unfortunately the PC version has really noticeable hitching, at least on a high refresh monitor with GSync.
Have you played on switch recently? I fired it up and the big busy spots in town that used to hitch and struggle seem to play just fine now. Not sure if there are worse areas later though.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Have you played on switch recently? I fired it up and the big busy spots in town that used to hitch and struggle seem to play just fine now. Not sure if there are worse areas later though.
I recall the snow area was a bit rough. It was a bit better with some effects turned off though. I'll check it out again.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Where can the PS5 version be found? At least in the Swedish PS Store, the DLC seems to still be listed only for PS4.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, so it seems the PS5 version of the DLC just showed up in the Swedish PS Store, BUT it shows as not-free despite me owning the PS4 DLC. That fucking blows.