• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
fee9b0f1ce386dcb5ff3271dbce023e5e7123138.jpg

It's fun.

I've been searching and it's so hard to find this movie. Like they want it gone. Haha

lodric

Apr 29, 2020
A lot of people saying Speed Racer, but every single Wachowski movie is on this list. people love the Matrix, but the sequels are way better than they get credit for. Jupiter Ascending will get it's praise any day now and I will be so happy.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Rampage, Warcraft, Venom all come to mind.

Critically murdered, but had a better time watching them than i thought i would.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish Speed Racer were a little shorter. It never stops moving and is almost exhausting to watch. I get why other people can dig it but to me it was like a visual version of gorging yourself on candy for two hours.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Freddy vs Jason.

That movie is fun from start to finish.
It does not deserve 41% on RT.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Speed racer is legit fun and a fantastic showcase movie for hdtv.

clue is a masterpiece, no ifs and or butts. One of the 80s best films.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Speed Racer fuck yeah fuck yeah!
I also really dig the Warcraft movie. As others have said, it has awesome magic effects, and the orc story is awesome.
Underworld 1, 2, and 4 are all solid movies.
Both AvP movies are fine for different reasons.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the Ghost in the Shell remake.

Sure it's not a masterpiece but it is fine enough interpretation of the subject matter with some nice visuals. I loved Kitano in the film (then again I love Kitano in pretty much anything). It is certainly better than Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence (so much long-winded story-halting philosophising) .

The Assayas film? I watched that recently and had the hardest time deciding whether Asia Argento was really good or really bad in the film. Anyway, she is probably the most memorable part of the film. I did not like the film overall though. Assayas is very a hit-and-miss director for me.
The first half of GitS is pretty good, but the second half ruins it imo. It did get a bad rep over its casting controversy

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This thread.

hoo boy.

Anyway, my nomination:

Punisher_War_Zone_poster_1200_1778_81_s.jpg

RT 29% MC 30
Movie is super ridiculous and super fun. It knows exactly what it is.

Priapus

Oct 27, 2017
John Carter and Prince of Persia really have the same feel to them and both are quite entertaining.

I've also seen Stealth mentioned. Way too well made for what it really was. But fun.

I'm pitching in The Core. ;)

mmitt

Oct 27, 2017
totally agree with man of steel (top 5 comic book movie for me, sad to see it doesn't resonate with more people), power rangers and warcraft.

I'd add the amazing spider-man (still my favourite live-action spider-man movie) and man on fire
(also the twilight movies)

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
It had middling reception and lost money at the box office, but Clue is probably the greatest licensed movie of all time.

clue_SD1_758_426_81_s_c1.jpg

I've always loved this movie, but I understand why it didn't do well initially (when each theater only had one of the three endings).

Every time I've had someone watch it, they tend to look bored and barely ever laugh throughout - until the second ending starts. Then they start becoming invested in what's been going on. Then when the third ending begins, they're laughing and seem to finally "get it". After all that, their overall opinion seems to change and they become a fan.

Oct 28, 2017
I remember being shocked to learn that Free Willy was not well recieved critically. It's a movie that reaonated so much with me I've seen it so many times and it's always an effort for me not to cry.

Oct 31, 2017
91L-koFW41L._SX342_.jpg

People have low expectations but this was actually a pretty good adaptation of the first few episodes of Diamond is Unbreakable. I enjoyed it.

Mar 10, 2018
Every time the internet tells me that Spider-Man 3 is bad, I'm like, "Oh yeah, they're right."

But then I go and watch it, and I'm like, "No... no they're not."

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I actually love Nothing But Trouble and The Mangler:
lGrkS7QYgwYhpKAnK9xXkrkw1Wz.jpg
Mangler-Blu-ray-30.jpg

I genuinely don't get the hate for this film.
I agree. I loved the movie when it came out and still love it. It's a fun adventure fantasy flick for the family.

It's like, I also was surprised how many people dislike Willow. That movie's also awesome.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 reviewed poorly but it's fucking fantastic, easily the best in the series apart from the original.
It's ah-ight! Pretty much most original TCM movies tend to be fairly fun slasher flicks.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't be in this thread. Except the people saying Clue - you've got it right.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Man, I don't give a darn about Speed Racer, racing, or cars, but Speed Racer was stylish as hell and a LOT of fun. If you haven't seen it, you really should. It's a damn treat for how wild and colorful and fast it is.

No one will ever make a better anime adaptation than Speed Racer.

mGQxsz0.gif

MEroYuT.gif

nujGjSE.gif

F2v33g4.gif

sGHqWLE.gif

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
Underworld 1 and 2 are good fun, too.

I also like the 4th underworld
Mortal Kombat
Lone Ranger
New power ranger movie
Resident evil
Dark Phoenix
Thor 2
Jack reacher movies

There all movies I thought were ok to good that all just get shit on.

I also remember really liking double dragon and thinking it was hilarious but I had also drank a lot.

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoy the MLP Movie from 2017, favourite animated movie of the year (Granted, a lot of the best animated films of that year like Coco and The Breadwinner came out in 2018 in the UK) with some great musical sequences and a great villain in Tempest.

2F695CDD08ABC65D4C451119D8D3AD5966B1B041

And for some reason it sits on a 45%, with the only actual sin it has is some very shoddy CGI in the opening and that's about it.

I demand blood and revenge.

...And If I can't get that, I politely ask you watch the film instead, you should enjoy it just from the great animation alone. Except for that CGI airship, that's like, the only bad part.
Yeah, if you didn't like this movie, you need to open up your EYYYYYYES