• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

ss_934bf0dca000855a4efdf1091006cfb16cd40b58.600x338.jpg

Play the debut demo now! Cris Tales is a gorgeous, indie love letter to classic JRPGs with a new perspective. Peer into the past, act in the present, and watch as your choices dynamically change the future -- all on one screen as you play!

Last edited:

signal

Oct 28, 2017

Cris Tales is a gorgeous, indie love letter to classic JRPGs with a new perspective. Peer into the past, act in the present, and watch as your choices dynamically change the future — all on one screen as you play! Beautifully hand-drawn 2D animations bring to life a world where your choices will change both the present and the future across more than 20 hours of gameplay.

Key Features
  • A Love Letter to Classic JRPGs: Inspired by timeless JRPGs like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Valkyrie Profile, and modern classics like Bravely Default and Persona 5, meet and recruit a unique cast of teammates, challenge myriad enemies, and make your way through an expansive world.
  • Experience the Past, Present, and Future Simultaneously: Peer into and learn from the past, decide on actions in the present, and alter the course of the future in ways that will reshape the world dynamically depending on the choices you make.
  • Master Strategic Turn-Based Combat: Warp your enemies into the past or future, synchronize attacks for enhanced group abilities, and master the timing of attack and defense to go beyond your party's limits in combat.
  • Uncover a Fascinating Story & Characters: The Empress' plot to destroy the world is complex and layered. Use your wits and recruit powerful allies throughout the world to uncover and undo her multi-faceted web and make your way to the True Ending of this enchanting tale.
  • Discover a Beautiful World: Climb aboard an airship or boat and traverse this handcrafted, dark fairytale world. From the shining kingdom of Crystallis to the slums of Vinez, discover each unique location and shape its future.

Seems to be coming to most platforms in 2020 as per their website, but Steam demo available now (until the 24th)

Last edited:

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
This game looks amazing! Really happy it's coming to PS4, Switch and Xbox One as well

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
On the youtube page it says it's coming to PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch in 2020

And it has all the logos at the bottom of the website

Can't wait.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The art is gorgeous. Not sure about the battle ui though, the Persona 5 style seems like an odd fit. Will definitely try out the demo

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
On a non jokey note, it mentions it has a "True Ending". I've never really been a fan of promoting one ending over others in games

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be in the minority here and say I don't like how it looks at all. It feels like its hard to focus on anything and the art and characters just sort of blend together and it isn't evocative of that style of game.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Playing the demo. This is absolutely wonderful.
Nice music. Beautiful animation. Very interesting concept.

And every character is voiced from what I've seen/heard.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a Flash game

JUST KIDDING IT LOOKS AMAZING! This is how you do vector art without it looking cheap!!

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Demo is about 40 minutes long. It's pretty slow (the demo shows the beginning of the game so it'll probably get better later in the game)but really charming and the gameplay systems are promising. It really seems like it could be something special.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I want to know about the combat but I'm too busy voraciously succing up e3 news to play the demo, haha. Somebody gimme impressions.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
It's visually stunning. The movement doesn't feel too smooth to me and I think having more subtle feedback on when to press for the multi attack/deflect would be nice. As in the timing reads a bit ambiguous but also when you manage to hit it, it doesn't feel nice enough.

Super hopeful for this though.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
It's visually stunning. The movement doesn't feel too smooth to me and I think having more subtle feedback on when to press for the multi attack/deflect would be nice. As in the timing reads a bit ambiguous but also when you manage to hit it, it doesn't feel nice enough.

Super hopeful for this though.
Yeah, I agree with this. I don't think it's a dealbreaker or anything but it could be improved for sure.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Trailers looks great and loving the music as well, giving me that Child of Light vibe. Adding to my list of games I'm interested in and defiantly going to try out the demo.

Last edited:

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
just finished the demo overall I liked it alot. not sure if my computer is the issue why the game is lagging rendering the pass-present-future town or it just lacks more polishing

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Beat the demo and I am definitely looking forward to this. The last time I was this charmed by an indie game was Undertale.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
The demo just reminded me how important music is in this genre. Reminded me of Sakuraba's work on the Tales games (which is not a good thing). Everything else seemed okay, although the battle system felt slow. Very beautiful and interesting visual style.