• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Veldin

Oct 25, 2017
The battle system is simple and solid enough but maybe a tad slow between turns. I really like the animation style and painterly environments, some of the scenes look very impressive. The seamless time-travel is a neat concept in how it's always represented on-screen and you're encouraged to look at everything at once. The way it's involved in both the field and battle ties the experience together well I think. On the bad side, most of the demo is dialogue and I want to say that about 80% of the voicework is amateur as hell. Almost every other line is retake-worthy. Music is pretty incomplete at this point and feels like it's not matching the moment in a couple places. I don't really feel much for the few pieces of music that are there.

Overall it's visually fantastic and the time stuff has potential but the pacing and presentation is not all there yet.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Art: good
Combat: fine — it's a demo so expectations adjusted accordingly
Voice acting: for the love of god let me turn it off! I'm sure you'll be able to in the full release.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
I really hope Chris Tales is just about a dude called Chris
Ehhh, did you watch the trailer? Cris* and it's a girl.....

This might be a r/whoosh but had to take the bait.
I can only watch this thing on the side so I missed that, my bad
I spoke too soon Fantastapotamus

Your hopes will be fulfilled. I'm playing the demo now and as the name suggests CrisTales, it seems like its a tale of dual protagonists named Crisbell(The girl) & Cristopher(The guy - just missing the initial "h")

:-P

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Art is gorgeous and the main hook already grabs me(I'm always a sucker for time shenanigans though). Demo was really charming, definitely excited for the full release.

Jan 2, 2018
The names are a bit silly:

CrisTales; also a pun for "Crystal" (I noticed that way too late tbh...)
Crisbelle
Cristopher

I'm suprised that all characters are voiced! I quite like the voice of Willhelm, others are hit or miss.

The art is really beautiful (both for characters and the enviroments) and I like the music so far. The UI looks also pretty nice! The combat is servicable, but it's just a demo, so hopefully it get's more deep in the full game.
The frog gives me Alice in Wonderland vibes.
I liked the demo overall and will be holding an eye open for the full game!

Screenshot that I took:

6euvKbO.jpg

Ecks

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just gave the demo a go. I had fun! The style is really cool. I think if I have one concern it might be the game speed. I think a run function for Crisbell and maybe a faster option for battles might be ideal. Of course both might be implemented already and they just wanted us to experience the demo as is.

EDIT: And now I'm noticing how old this thread is. Welp.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
New 22-minute gameplay spotlight.

I've yet to play the demo, but purely going off of this gameplay video, is there any gameplay hook at all? Like is there anything that makes the battles go faster? All you do is select an enemy to attack. It's obviously taking cues from Persona, but Persona had the One More system. Games like Cold Steel had follow up attacks, positioning, etc.

I can see the battle system getting old really quickly

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Gonna try the demo, didn't even know about this until it popped up on Wario64's page (Preorders are 29.99 on Switch/PS4 atm)

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
THIS IS MADE BY A COLOMBIAN STUDIO!?

Be still my heart.

My partner just finished playing through the demo. I am all in.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks great and I bought it on sale a couple of weeks ago to show support for a colombian dev, but it's kinda iffy that an RPG set in a city inspired by cartagena (a predominantly black city) seems not to feature a black protagonist of the initial trío.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Just downloaded the demo, looks stunning, the artstyle is great no doubt.

The battle system is fine, it tries to go for a Mario RPG style of turn-based combat with timing attacks but is not that clear exactly when you have to trigger it unlike in those games. Hope they fix this in the eventual release.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I preordered, the demo was excellent. Intrigued by the story, like the artstyle and it runs well enough in the demo.