• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Yeah, this talk has definitely not aged well (not that it was any good in the first place). It seems Ninja Theory has gotten far better over the years with the diversity in their casts and their research into mental health across the Insight Project and Hellblade. Regardless, addressing this would not be a bad call.

I will say however that the person responsible for this talk left the company 6 years ago.

Dupy

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, you have a point. It good that the tweet is getting traction.

OK but for real though, he does give that vibe.

Ironically, as a gay guy DmC Dante is so much more my type than the real Dante. Stud could get it any time of the day or night.

Ninja Theory needs to come to terms with the fact that their character is directly responsible for more gay boners than OG Dante.

So true, it's one of the few game characters I actually find attractive. I don't even know how they couldn't realize that though. The very first scene in the game shows his naked ripped body and almost goes full frontal. Who is that for?! The straight male gamers who like stylish action shooters or the 5% of straight women they hadn't totally offended with the massive amount of gross masculine energy in all their promo materials? Doubt.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
It's less than 10 years.

Shit was not "way different" back then. Attitudes had already wildly progressed past the point of "gay men are sissy girly wimps".

The fact that the USA legalised gay marriage the next year should tell you that.
My country which is full of conservative shit managed to approve gay marriage that same year. 2013 shouldn't be an excuse for this in any way, shape or form. lol

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Like a bunch of other queer folk in this thread, I definitely read this version of Dante as queer-coded. I bought the game in large part because of that (the O'Reilly-alike even calls him a deviant in a trailer and in the game!) and I didn't know until I found about this a few years later that they fully missed their mark.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like a bunch of other queer folk in this thread, I definitely read this version of Dante as queer-coded. I bought the game in large part because of that (the O'Reilly-alike even calls him a deviant in a trailer and in the game!) and I didn't know until I found about this a few years later that they fully missed their mark.

Kat gets tortured and shot in the arm and at the end of the game as they're walking away together Dante grabs her butt.

OP
OP
Scherzo

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017
Did people dig this up because the didn't like the FF:O trailer? Every time one of these things "resurfaces" on Twitter, it's to fuel a certain narrative.

I'm not fueling a "narrative", if anything this shit makes FFO look innocent in comparison. I posted it because the level of toxicity in the production was news to me and I felt it should be brought to broader attention, especially since NT makes games involving sensitive topics these days.

DinkyDev

Feb 5, 2021
8 year old GDC talk about an 8 year old game, containing concepts that would have been made 10 years ago at the start of production, given by a guy who left NT 6 years ago.

You can hold it against them if you want, but I think most people have and will accept that they are not that company any more. They've come a long way.

Oct 27, 2017
8 year old GDC talk about an 8 year old game, containing concepts that would have been made 10 years ago at the start of production, given by a guy who left NT 6 years ago.

You can hold it against them if you want, but I think most people have and will accept that they are not that company any more. They've come a long way.

IF (that's a big if) this was something where only that one dude who left 6 years ago made the powerpoint and it fell through the cracks as far review by the rest of the staff, then I could see how this happens. They were a small, struggling company that were probably scared of looking like they're constantly putting out fires.

Yeah, it's the type of thing that they should be ashamed of but I could see most people ending up in that position at some point in their life where someone on your team says some really dumb shit and you just hope you can move past it without anyone noticing. They just need to be honest about it and apologize.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
just one person that worked there line doesn't work much.
if this dork was thinking this was funny or acceptable in any way,
its probably because their inner meetings, character design talks were of the same tone.
it had to be the studio culture basically.

hopefully its a less toxic place now.
at least like to have seen that they addressed it and apologised, but not sure that ever happened either.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It's cute that you think it's different now.
Given NT's history during the last generation it's absolutely probable that they, and their workforce, have entirely different mindsets about what is and isn't acceptable. The industry itself went through a major shift during the last generation and NT definitely contributed to that shift by going from characters like Kat, where the design notes state the reason her jacket is open was the artist enthusiastically stating "I made her sexier." To Senua. It speaks to how much growing the industry has to do that this got the intended reaction several years ago, as an audience of developers chuckled at an inherently homophobic joke.

Last edited:

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
I loved Hellblade, the documentaries about making it, and I'm very excited for 2. I hope whoever made this presentation is no longer there. I really hoped the studio has changed this mindset.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
It comes up every now and then in DmC/DMC threads, but I imagine a lot of people who just played the game one and done and moved on back in 2013 never knew about it. I'll never forget the games press giving Ninja Theory a pass on this and other bullshit they were saying at the time because it was their darling 'games are art' dev.

A Ninja theory guy on here or the old place made some half asses excuse for it too. This should always come up in the context of this game's history.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Not that it wasn't bad, but i don't really get the resurfaced part, as this never went away?

Yes. It absolutely never went away. This gets brought up every time DMC gets ported or gets a new software title. As soon as someone says they prefer NT's take on the franchise whenever there is a debate about which one is their favorite, this gets brought up with 100% reliability. I've never seen a GDC presentation offend so many people from so many groups from so many angles before. That's why it'll never truly die.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
It's not necessarily that this happened that gets me, lotta dumbass bros in game development, it's that it happened and then games journalists still chose to die on this hill.
That's my problem.

That period in particular was a lot of homophobia and misogyny being justified via a particularly immature form xenophobia heralded by white media pundits with chips on their shoulders that were growing increasingly out of touch

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I am surprised how this pops up every now and then, since I figured almost everyone interested in DMC had seen it by now. It was extremely groan and eye-roll worthy then (and now), but I do like to think they've made some strides to distance themselves from that type of thinking, given how well they did with portraying more sensitive issues like mental illness in Senua, and their decently diverse cast in Bleeding Edge.

Still remains to be seen if they really have moved past that, but I do always try to give the chance that people can change for the better. Them saying "Yeah, we fucked up" regarding that presentation would go a long way.

Nov 1, 2017
Just because someone on Twitter mentions this frankly infamous GDC thing doesn't mean it has "resurfaced". The video has been there to watch on Youtube since it was posted 5 years ago, you're making out like this is something dug out of the archives and newly exposed to the world. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have not heard of this but anyone even remotely familiar with DmC and the discussion around its development has seen this and rightfully mocked it in every way you can think of.

Not quite sure what there is left to say about this that hasn't been said already. Ninja Theory from all accounts was told to do their own spin on Dante by Capcom and what we ended up with was edgelord heroin addict Dante who really likes to say the fuck word a lot. That in itself is a pretty serious misunderstanding of both Dante the character and what people like about Dante so it doesn't surprise me that they would also fundamentally misunderstand the characterisation of both of Brokeback Mountain's protagonists and Tyler fucking Durden in some clumsy attempt to prove just how cool their new Dante is. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the people who thought this kind of comparison was a good idea have had a stern talking to and grown a bit in the 5 odd years since. EDIT: Just realised it's from 2013, i only bothered to check the upload date which is 2016. How time flies! Ok so let's hope everyone involved has grown a bit in the 8 odd years since.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017
Sorry I got fog brain rn from the heat and that didn't come across to me lol. I agree, it was even weirder when considering how Durden has been twisted into this symbol for something the writer is ostensibly against, much like The Matrix. That slide always bugged the shit out of me.
I feel like The Matrix was in many ways quite misunderstood when it first came out and most people just saw it as Crazy Action Scenes: The Movie. When Lilly Wachowski talked about how the original idea for The Matrix's Switch was for that character to be trans it made me really sad that the studio execs wouldn't let them do that. Not only would it have been probably pretty groundbreaking trans visibility for the time the film was released I think the idea in itself is a very interesting world building detail for the Matrix movies, the idea that some people might want to live in the Matrix because in that world it's really the only feasible way to express their gender identity. I hope it's an idea they revisit for the fourth Matrix movie.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Just because someone on Twitter mentions this frankly infamous GDC thing doesn't mean it has "resurfaced". The video has been there to watch on Youtube since it was posted 5 years ago, you're making out like this is something dug out of the archives and newly exposed to the world. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have not heard of this but anyone even remotely familiar with DmC and the discussion around its development has seen this and rightfully mocked it in every way you can think of.

Not quite sure what there is left to say about this that hasn't been said already. Ninja Theory from all accounts was told to do their own spin on Dante by Capcom and what we ended up with was edgelord heroin addict Dante who really likes to say the fuck word a lot. That in itself is a pretty serious misunderstanding of both Dante the character and what people like about Dante so it doesn't surprise me that they would also fundamentally misunderstand the characterisation of both of Brokeback Mountain's protagonists and Tyler fucking Durden in some clumsy attempt to prove just how cool their new Dante is. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the people who thought this kind of comparison was a good idea have had a stern talking to and grown a bit in the 5 odd years since. EDIT: Just realised it's from 2013, i only bothered to check the upload date which is 2016. How time flies! Ok so let's hope everyone involved has grown a bit in the 8 odd years since.
I'm fine with it "resurfacing" every year or so, since not everyone sees it every time it does and it bears repeating that this is the hill a lot of people (even journalists) chose to die on. Heck to this day (in this thread even!) people are still dismissive about the queerphobia exhibited in this talk, or fall over themselves to defend the nipponophobia that permeated a lot of coverage of the game. Even big name, respected, capital "J" video games journalists do this

Potato Mage

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 28, 2020
That second image lmao, what are they even trying to say. Emo Asians are lame homeless Russians are cool?

J75

Sep 29, 2018
What an embarrassment.

Seems like the Dante character is cursed all around. You have the Ninja Theory version that was conceived in homophobic/toxic masculinity ideals, or the Capcom version that's voiced by that piece of shit Reuben. Lose-lose.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Could you imagine if DmC was where DMC died for good?

God damn 5 is a miracle.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
I've never seen this before. Kinda odd given that i always thought that Dante was made for gay guys. 90% of my interest in that game was born out of naked emo Dante. Kinda dumb that they would let that joke through even then but I don't really find it particularly sinister. Just one of those, "haha queers are funny cause they're queer" type of jokes which are perversive in the culture that make me sigh rather than angry.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Broke: capital "G" Gamers
Woke: capital "G" Gaymers.

This stuff is hella cringe. Homophobia is rampant in games, especially japanese games. Even the latest final fantasy Nioh-like game is full of this garbage. Loaded with men, but "too cool to be gay" coding. A terrible mix of misogyny and homophobia.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Just want to add my two-cents:

It's worth noting that the artist who gave this presentation, Alessandro Taini, hasn't been at Ninja Theory in nearly ten years (he left shortly after this presentation). After DmC, Ninja Theory has since become a studio that's made games with positive female and queer representation (Hellblade and Bleeding Edge in particular) since Taini departed. Also, they're one of the top devs out there who have been putting a lot of great work portraying an empathetic view of mental health in games. So I do take issue with folks trying to insinuate that NT is a studio run by bigots because of a dumb, insensitive joke made during one of the former artists at a GDC panel. I attended this panel at GDC 2013 while at my old job, and people largely dismissed the joke itself as cheap humor. I don't think it was intended to be a vicious homophobic attack that some people are trying to make it out to be in the years since it's been brought out again.

Now, I'm not this saying to dismiss feelings of disgust with the joke he made. If you feel offended by the joke, then that's totally valid, and you have the right to feel that way. I absolutely believe that humor should not go for crass, dumb jokes at the expense of others for cheap laughs. Still, I do get the impression from this thread that people are looking at this more to just have another reason to hate on Ninja Theory's work on DmC, which is still such a lightning rod of hate more than ten years on. Also, the mainline DMC series has its own bad actor that the fanbase doesn't really talk much about since they finally got DMC5. Ninja Theory will never make another Devil May Cry game or even work with Capcom again. Yet, Reuben Langdon--a transphobe, holocaust denier, and anti-Me Too/BLM conspiracy theorist--is still working with Capcom on new games. If you truly feel that something must down to root out toxic elements, I encourage to look at the negative elements currently attached to the things you love.

Last edited:

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise

It's worth noting that the artist who gave this presentation, Alessandro Taini, hasn't been at Ninja Theory in nearly ten years (he left shortly after this presentation). After DmC, Ninja Theory has since become a studio that's made games with positive female and queer representation (Hellblade and Bleeding Edge in particular) since Taini departed. Also, they're one of the top devs out there who have been putting a lot of great work portraying an empathetic view of mental health in games. So I do take issue with folks trying to insinuate that NT is a studio run by bigots because of a dumb, insensitive joke made during one of the former artists at a GDC panel. I attended this panel at GDC 2013 while at my old job, and people largely dismissed the joke itself as cheap humor. I don't think it was intended to be a vicious homophobic attack that some people are trying to make it out to be.

Now, I'm not this saying to dismiss feelings of disgust with the joke he made. If you feel offended by the joke, then that's totally valid, and you have the right to feel that way. I absolutely believe that humor should not go for crass, dumb jokes at the expense of others for cheap laughs. Still, I do get the impression from this thread that people are looking at this more to just have another reason to hate on Ninja Theory's work on DmC, which is still such a lightning rod of hate more than ten years on. Also, the mainline DMC series has its own bad actor that the fanbase doesn't really talk much about since they finally got DMC5. Ninja Theory will never make another Devil May Cry game or even work with Capcom again. Yet, Reuben Langdon--a transphobe, holocaust denier, and anti-Me Too/BLM conspiracy theorist--is still working with Capcom on new games. If you truly feel that something must down to root out toxic elements, I encourage to look at the negative elements currently attached to the things you love.
Please stop with the whataboutism. The industry is full of bigots, yes, but this thread is about NT's very public homophobia and how it's never been addressed since the talk.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The best part about all of it is that they were so fucking proud of themselves for redefining Dante and they just made him into kind of a douchey dweeb.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, DmC was always sort of doing the early 2000s edge thing way past its prime. This presentation was kind of wild for me to see even back then.

Wish they'd at least make some sort of apology for the blatant homophobia after all these years, though I'm sure they'd rather just pretend it never happened.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This and how hard gaming journalists were defending the 30fps of the original release to the point of outright insulting people that care about that basically permanently made me never give a shit about DmC, even if DE seemingly fixed a lot of things.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

It's worth noting that the artist who gave this presentation, Alessandro Taini, hasn't been at Ninja Theory in nearly ten years (he left shortly after this presentation). After DmC, Ninja Theory has since become a studio that's made games with positive female and queer representation (Hellblade and Bleeding Edge in particular) since Taini departed. Also, they're one of the top devs out there who have been putting a lot of great work portraying an empathetic view of mental health in games. So I do take issue with folks trying to insinuate that NT is a studio run by bigots because of a dumb, insensitive joke made during one of the former artists at a GDC panel. I attended this panel at GDC 2013 while at my old job, and people largely dismissed the joke itself as cheap humor. I don't think it was intended to be a vicious homophobic attack that some people are trying to make it out to be.

I won't tell people how to feel about it, but I think it's a misrepresentation to just refer to it as a "joke". That might be appropriate if it was just one slide that was an issue. But this "joke" was running throughout the presentation. The earlier "Dante is not" slides tend to be aimed at campy trends, it past the Brokeback Mountain slide, the presentation uses a character symbolic of toxic masculinity as their supposed inspiration for what cool is. About two minutes altogether of the presentation.

Bringing up Reuben Langdon in particular seems like whataboutism as well. Reuben Langdon isn't a plus in DmC's favour unless your priorities are skewed and you're trying to weaponize homophobia in a typical fan argument. They're both issues that need to be addressed.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I won't tell people how to feel about it, but I think it's a misrepresentation to just refer to it as a "joke". That might be appropriate if it was just one slide that was an issue. But this "joke" was running throughout the presentation. The earlier "Dante is not" slides tend to be aimed at campy trends, it past the Brokeback Mountain slide, the presentation uses a character symbolic of toxic masculinity as their supposed inspiration for what cool is. About two minutes altogether of the presentation.

Bringing up Reuben Langdon in particular seems like whataboutism as well. Reuben Langdon isn't a plus in DmC's favour unless your priorities are skewed and you're trying to weaponize homophobia in a typical fan argument. They're both issues that need to be addressed.

Please stop with the whataboutism. The industry is full of bigots, yes, but this thread is about NT's very public homophobia and how it's never been addressed since the talk.

With respect to you both, I do not believe it's whataboutism to bring up Langdon and the fanbase's willful ignorance of his behavior. What we all want and desire is to have a welcome community for everyone. I believe that's important. DMC is a great, dumb series, and I've bonded with so many people over the years because of it--even with those I completely disagree with. People should not feel excluded or picked on by its creators--and I can understand how Taini's comments from the GDC panel can bother people. Yet, I hear more about a former Ninja Theory artist's insensitive remarks and illustrations made during a GDC panel from nearly ten years ago than Langdon's recent bigoted comments. It makes me question if people are really bothered by the jokes Taini made or if this is really about the bad blood with Ninja Theory as a whole. As I said previously, I believe that NT has more than proved that they had been a genuinely positive presence within this industry with the work they've done over the last decade. Honestly, every time this topic comes up, it just turns into an opportunity for people to pile on Ninja Theory for a game y'all didn't like. Still, if you all want to see reps from Ninja Theory to apologize and distance themselves from Taini's comments, that's fine. If that happens, then I truly wish people will feel that this has finally been patched up and some growth can come from it. But I also wish that people will put this same effort and look at the current bad actors attached to the thing they love that have gone mainly unchallenged by their comments. And yes, I'm talking about Reuben Langdon.

That's all I meant by my comments. Again, I would never wish minimize any feelings about that GDC panel, that was never my intent. I'm stepping away from this topic, I've said all I wanted to. Have a good day.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
One thing I don't like the discourse in this thread is how people are trying to revise the conversation among people who didn't like DmC pre-release. There simply wasn't much conversation at all about Ninja Theory being homophobic, people were just upset that they were calling OG Dante gay. In fact, there were plenty of homophobic remarks made about "Nu Dante" from DmC detractors.

It bothers me because now people are conflating DmC and its fans and the media with homophobia, when the entire discourse was full of homophobia to begin with, concerning every group involved.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
But I also wish that people will put this same effort and look at the current bad actors attached to the thing they love that have gone mainly unchallenged by their comments. And yes, I'm talking about Reuben Langdon.
There have been multiple threads regarding Reuben Langdon, one being 27 pages long:

www.resetera.com

Reuben Langdon (Dante of DMC) blames sexual harassment victims; thinks MeToo and BLM"goes too far" UPDATE: Regrets nothing; Capcom never investigated

Reuben Langdon, who is the voice and mo-cap actor behind Dante in the Devil May Cry series since Devil May Cry 3, was recently interviewed on YouTube and during said interview an extended discussion about the recent events of his fellow voice actor Vic Mignogna having various sexual harassment...

www.resetera.com

Dante and Ken Masters voice actor Reuben Langdon is peddling COVID-19 conspiracy theory videos on Twitter

For those unfamiliar with Plandemic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plandemic As a mega DMC fan who supported Reuben as Dante from day 1, who fondly remember him posting on GameFAQs back before DMC3 came out and interacting with fans, and always loved how passionate he was about the role and the...

www.resetera.com

Reuben Langdon(Dante, Ken, Mike in TLoU2) called critics of attempted coup who supported the BLM protests "hypocrites"[UP: Harassed others on Twitter]

Yeah, Capcom, Naughty Dog, Insomniac, From Software, & whoever else who work with him need to dump his ass ASAP. I thought this would be worthy of a new thread since it's new news. Special thanks for Kyle Cross for bringing this to my attention. Source: Reuben Langdon (Twitter) UPDATES: Here...

www.resetera.com

Naughty Dog and Capcom actor, Reuben Langdon, is a Holocaust denier & antisemitic; defends Gina Carano comments on subject

Capcom, Naughty Dog, From Software, & whoever else continues to work with Reuben: Fire him already! Source: Reuben Langdon (Twitter)

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
While it's a functional & fun video game, albeit 30ffps back then, DmC Dante design still dumb with that hair, even his hair changed to white in the end, not to mention some dumb story bits too.

I saw these way back even before the game launched, and roll my eyes. 🙄

E4Cv8vuXwBE70Zy

E4Cv96-XMAAADux

E4CyBCIWQAYhuAY

E4CyBYWX0AoaYvR

🤷

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One thing I don't like the discourse in this thread is how people are trying to revise the conversation among people who didn't like DmC pre-release. There simply wasn't much conversation at all about Ninja Theory being homophobic, people were just upset that they were calling OG Dante gay. In fact, there were plenty of homophobic remarks made about "Nu Dante" from DmC detractors.

It bothers me because now people are conflating DmC and its fans and the media with homophobia, when the entire discourse was full of homophobia to begin with, concerning every group involved.

This is absolute nonsense.

Not a single person in this thread or apart of this conversation has said or even implied that DmC fans are homophobic.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With respect to you both, I do not believe it's whataboutism to bring up Langdon and the fanbase's willful ignorance of his behavior. What we all want and desire is to have a welcome community for everyone. I believe that's important. DMC is a great, dumb series, and I've bonded with so many people over the years because of it--even with those I completely disagree with. People should not feel excluded or picked on by its creators--and I can understand how Taini's comments from the GDC panel can bother people. Yet, I hear more about a former Ninja Theory artist's insensitive remarks and illustrations made during a GDC panel from nearly ten years ago than Langdon's recent bigoted comments. It makes me question if people are really bothered by the jokes Taini made or if this is really about the bad blood with Ninja Theory as a whole. As I said previously, I believe that NT has more than proved that they had been a genuinely positive presence within this industry with the work they've done over the last decade. Honestly, every time this topic comes up, it just turns into an opportunity for people to pile on Ninja Theory for a game y'all didn't like. Still, if you all want to see reps from Ninja Theory to apologize and distance themselves from Taini's comments, that's fine. If that happens, then I truly wish people will feel that this has finally been patched up and some growth can come from it. But I also wish that people will put this same effort and look at the current bad actors attached to the thing they love that have gone mainly unchallenged by their comments. And yes, I'm talking about Reuben Langdon.

That's all I meant by my comments. Again, I would never wish minimize any feelings about that GDC panel, that was never my intent. I'm stepping away from this topic, I've said all I wanted to. Have a good day.
Fans have tried time and time again to bring attention to Langdon's behavior and comments. There's no "blissful ignorance". Fans of the game, especially here, want him gone in the next game even though they were all fans of his work. There have been four or five threads about him in the last two years. It's not ignored by the fans. It's ignored by Capcom, even though the issue has been brought up louder than by simply making threads on Era. It sucks, but for now that's how it is, and the community won't ignore it next time Langdon says something hateful or dangerous. It will still be talked about to bring awareness of it, even if Capcom keeps ignoring it like they've been doing.
I do agree that there should be even more pressure put on Langdon and Capcom, rather than on Ninja Theory.

I've never seen this before. Kinda odd given that i always thought that Dante was made for gay guys. 90% of my interest in that game was born out of naked emo Dante. Kinda dumb that they would let that joke through even then but I don't really find it particularly sinister. Just one of those, "haha queers are funny cause they're queer" type of jokes which are perversive in the culture that make me sigh rather than angry.
And that's another thing, reboot Dante was big among gay gamers I knew at the time, like I'm pretty sure he still gets fanart/fics to this day.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
With respect to you both, I do not believe it's whataboutism to bring up Langdon and the fanbase's willful ignorance of his behavior.
No.

I will not have this fucking revisionism. The DMC fanbase knew about Langdon being a conspiracy nut, bigot, and weirdo YEARS before the mainstream gaming world did. It has never been swept under the rug. I know you are the prominent DmC defender of this board and the last but bringing that shit up to defend against Ninja Theory's blatant homophobic and shitty slides is a new low.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I wish the backlash DmC got back in the day had anything to do with backlash to homophobia, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case.

Anyway it's pretty sad they've never acknowledged this presentation.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The Fight Club thing makes me laugh honestly as a queer dude. Like you couldn't ask for a better representation of how straight men completely insecure in their masculinity wildly misinterpret that book/movie. It's too good. You can't write that shit.

Anyway yeah this is ancient but it's always good to dig up for another whipping session. Though I feel like a lot of people in this thread are naive if they think America's views on gay people have done a 180 in the last decade.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
"Your feelings are valid, but let me write you a long ass explanation of why I think this is actually about dissing DmC while pointing at another bigot to question your aforementioned feelings."

Come the fuck on. If you're so concerned about some bigot at Capcom, make a thread about him.