• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geronimo73

Oct 28, 2017

PEARL ABYSS Q&A (Conference call)
Crimson Desert is still scheduled to come out by end of this year

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Love a playthrough/gameplay reveal. I don't have doubts about the gameplay given the experience I have from Black Desert, but I am very much interested in their worldbuilding/quests/dialogue etc.
I feel like that's what is important or at least what's going to sell me on this game, especially since its not a MMO like Black Desert, so I hope there's a depth in the type of quests.

Nonetheless, looking forward to this ^^.

Also, please let me change the name of the mc; Macduff 🤣

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I thought this was going to be an MMO but I guess it ain't

lion9t

Unshakable Resolve
Aug 4, 2021
Wow.. I really forgot this game .. now I remember the first trailer and the hope it is not MMO .. also I hope they reduced the motion blur effect .. it was really too much in the trailer

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Dragons Dogma 2 looking great!

A bit unsure if my PC will be able to run it lol. Hope there's a lower quality preset or DLSS or something.

Elementje

Dec 26, 2017
It never was an MMO... They already told us when they first announced the game/revealed the trailer.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
It never was an MMO... They already told us when they first announced the game/revealed the trailer.

The original announcement did say it was an MMORPG. It was changed to be single player focused at a later date, presumably when it was decided to keep expanding Black Desert and keep that their main MMO.

https://www.pearlabyss.com/en-US/Board/Detail?_boardNo=428

Crimson Desert is an open-world MMORPG set in an epic-fantasy world. In a war for survival, three tribes will fight for control of the Pywell continent. Crimson Desert has been produced since 2018 by Jason Jung, former Game Design Director of RYL Online. Working alongside Jason Jung on RYL Online, one of Korea's most famous first-generation action MMORPGs, was Dae-il Kim, the founder of Pearl Abyss. Eter Lee, former Lead Combat Designer of RYL Online and C9, is in charge of the action combat system for the title.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i watched some old footage of this game and the camera work and framerate made me feel uncomfortable.

Zedelima

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Now this is a game that looks fucking awesome. I was worried that it would be a online game but it appears thats not the case…
Also, it will run on last gen? It looks way too good

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Excited...the first gameplay trailer for this looked incredible. Hope it is representative, because if it is, this could be big!

Gouf

May 17, 2018
Extremely curious about this one. Hope it's able to live up to how awesome it looked initially.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Sounds like they dropped last gen support? I know they initially said they wanted it on those platforms but it seems the tech they want in the game wouldn't make sense for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.