• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
Good luck, Chase doesn't like when you close cards D:

Should have left it there and not touch it since it has no annual fee.
Curious what you mean by this, I've closed Chase cards and opened new ones without issue.

I hope the DoorDash credit isn't doled out monthly like the Uber credit on the AmEx Platinum, makes it pretty annoying to use. my AF just hit so I'm going to keep the card for another year, but I'm probably going to cancel it next year since my wife and I are getting older and cutting back on our traveling for now. :P Plus she's going to be eligible for the CSR signup bonus again this year.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Curious what you mean by this, I've closed Chase cards and opened new ones without issue.

I hope the DoorDash credit isn't doled out monthly like the Uber credit on the AmEx Platinum, makes it pretty annoying to use. my AF just hit so I'm going to keep the card for another year, but I'm probably going to cancel it next year since my wife and I are getting older and cutting back on our traveling for now. :P Plus she's going to be eligible for the CSR signup bonus again this year.
It that was your only card with Chase, they might get stingy.

If you have more, it should be fine.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
speaking of, I was all good and ready to open up a new CSR card only to find out I have to wait until fall of next year if I want to get the signup bonus because you now have to wait 4 YEARS to get another signup bonus from Chase for any card.

FOH.

Will prob go with another card instead. Any cards hot right now?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
speaking of, I was all good and ready to open up a new CSR card only to find out I have to wait until fall of next year if I want to get the signup bonus because you now have to wait 4 YEARS to get another signup bonus from Chase for any card.

FOH.

Will prob go with another card instead. Any cards hot right now?
Time for that Amex Platinum?

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Right now, the only CC I have is the Amazon Visa Awards Signature card and a secure CC Ibused to build my credit a few years ago. My credit at the moment is 750. Would it be crazy to open another card just for the air miles? Any recommendations?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Time for that Amex Platinum?
Have had that one for about 1.5 years. It's been good to me, no complaints at all. It's just been a long time since I had a signup bonus to enjoy.

I currently have:
  • AmEx Plat
  • CSP
  • C Freedom
  • Some basic Wells Fargo card
  • BoA Cash Rewards
  • Discover it

All have been good cards. Anything else out there worth picking up? Maybe a C1 card?

edit: oh shit, time to put my "free" Saks credit to use. Thx AmEx!

Feb 1, 2018
You can do better than a coffee credit card

im feeling attacked lol

So far I have amazon chase, apple card, and 2 boring 1% cash back wells fargo cc's from a long time ago but at least they have relatively low interest rates

My credit report keeps saying I need more accounts so looking for something fun/unique, was looking at starbucks or uber but it seems like they nerfed the uber card right? Can also go for amex platinum, seems like a good travel card. Or just do what everyone else does and go chase trifecta

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
I don't like having a lot of credit cards, so I was just using my Navy Federal Go Rewards card for the longest time. I got the Costco Visa mostly for extra warranty coverage, but I do use it for the 4% cash back on gas. I just cashed out my Go Rewards for 2 round trip tickets in May, so I figured it's time to switch. I got a Chase Sapphire Preferred which will be the default for most things (gas and Costco stuff on the Costco card). I might look at picking up the Alaska Airlines visa for the extra miles and free checked baggage, since it's often the most convenient airline and I can't buy Alaska miles with the Sapphire.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
im feeling attacked lol

So far I have amazon chase, apple card, and 2 boring 1% cash back wells fargo cc's from a long time ago but at least they have relatively low interest rates

My credit report keeps saying I need more accounts so looking for something fun/unique, was looking at starbucks or uber but it seems like they nerfed the uber card right? Can also go for amex platinum, seems like a good travel card. Or just do what everyone else does and go chase trifecta
I can comfortably recommend all the cards I'm currently using. I'd recommend minimal use on those Wells Fargo cards going forward as they offer you so little in bonuses. But keep them for the credit history.

If you don't want annual fees, look into
  • Chase Freedom
  • Chase Freedom Unlimited
  • Discover It
  • Bank of America Cash Rewards.
I hear AmEx BlueCash Everyday is also good. Maybe some of the Capital One cards are good too? Dunno, that's what I'm trying to find out today. :)

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
Having a Chase Sapphire Preferred, how does it work if I get the Freedom Unlimited as well? Do the points all go to the same place or are they separate on each card?

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
Having a Chase Sapphire Preferred, how does it work if I get the Freedom Unlimited as well? Do the points all go to the same place or are they separate on each card?
Separate per card, but you can pool them into one account via the Ultimate Rewards page. You might as well get a Chase Freedom as well for the 5x quarterly bonus, then transfer the points you earn on the Freedom and Unlimited to the Preferred for the increased redemption value.

Feb 1, 2018
I can comfortably recommend all the cards I'm currently using. I'd recommend minimal use on those Wells Fargo cards going forward as they offer you so little in bonuses. But keep them for the credit history.

If you don't want annual fees, look into
  • Chase Freedom
  • Chase Freedom Unlimited
  • Discover It
  • Bank of America Cash Rewards.
I hear AmEx BlueCash Everyday is also good. Maybe some of the Capital One cards are good too? Dunno, that's what I'm trying to find out today. :)

Thanks, the Chase cards seem to be industry leading, will look into those

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Has anyone ever tried any of the Credit Karma sponsored suggestions? Are they legit or do they try to pull some kind of bait and switch? Some of these offers seem too good to be true, even if my credit score is at the "exceptional" tier.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Has anyone ever tried any of the Credit Karma sponsored suggestions? Are they legit or do they try to pull some kind of bait and switch? Some of these offers seem to good to be true, even if my credit score is at the "exceptional" tier.
they are legit. you clicking on those links and getting cards through those "sponsor" links are how Credit Karma makes money (affiliate links).

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Have had that one for about 1.5 years. It's been good to me, no complaints at all. It's just been a long time since I had a signup bonus to enjoy.

I currently have:
  • AmEx Plat
  • CSP
  • C Freedom
  • Some basic Wells Fargo card
  • BoA Cash Rewards
  • Discover it

All have been good cards. Anything else out there worth picking up? Maybe a C1 card?

edit: oh shit, time to put my "free" Saks credit to use. Thx AmEx!
You'll have to convert that CSP anyway, because it's One Sapphire now.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
550 on CSR made it hard to swallow but then I saw I got like $1500 off benefits that card on 2019 and I suddenly don't mind anymore. 😂

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I should have known this rumor was legit. Man, this ain't so great. I don't really eat delivery very often and Lyft is used almost purely to get to and from airports.

So who is keeping their CSR? My AF hits in January so I basically have another year to decide.

Depends on how many points I earn this year. If I come in under I'll just downgrade to CSP before renewal instead.

Is there an easy way to check your renewal date?

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
The travel insurance/car rental protections on the CSR have me leaning towards keeping it. That and my AF hit on 1/1.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So who is keeping their CSR? My AF hits in January so I basically have another year to decide.

I never intended to get rid of it even with the $550 AF, it's still the definitive travel card and they made the effective annual fee of $190 if you just use the DoorDash credits. 10x on Lyft is insane as well, means I can use Lyft a lot more now instead of making my friends pick me up and buying them a drink.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Thanks for the advice, guys. Went with the Sapphire Preferred. I can hit the bonus limits if I pay my rent/car payment/groceries over three months.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Ugh just got an email that my Uber card is getting a hard nerf. 4% cash back on restaurants is turning into 5% cash back on Uber Eats, and all points will now have to be redeemed through Uber. Not gonna cancel it, but I'm not really gonna use it anymore either. Any recommendations for no fee restaurant cards?

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh just got an email that my Uber card is getting a hard nerf. 4% cash back on restaurants is turning into 5% cash back on Uber Eats, and all points will now have to be redeemed through Uber. Not gonna cancel it, but I'm not really gonna use it anymore either. Any recommendations for no fee restaurant cards?

SavorOne has 3%, so does Sam's Club MC if you already have a membership

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I switched all my Uber spending over to the WF Propel (Amex).

3% on dining, travel, gas, and online subscriptions. No fee.

Valus

Nov 21, 2017
What's the best way to use chase points? Travel? If so, do I have to book through Chase's portal or can I just go do my own thing with any airline and get reimbursed?

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish