• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
You can throw a lot of criticism at Snyder for stuff he did in his DC movies, but the idea that he actually hates those characters is, honestly, pretty stupid.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Bendis is fine writing anything street level and down. Above that he's trash.
Nah, he was great in his New Avengers runs which included a lot more than street level stuff.
It's just when he has to use characters he's uninterested in he gets a bit vindictive.

That's why I say he should stick to his own universe, once he's in the sandbox he becomes a petulant child.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I don't think he necessarily hates her, but the creator of Re:Zero didn't realize how popular Rem would be at first. She very clearly interrupted his plans considering how
he puts her in a coma for a large part of the light/web novels and after the first season of the anime. A coma she will likely not get out of for several years in the anime and only recently was freed from - but without any other her memories and NO WAY seemingly of getting them back, ever.

But because she's massively popular and profitable (I've spend hundreds on her merch and pulling for her in gacha myself, embarrassingly) he can't kill her.
latest

"Shit, I accidentally wrote a more loveable character than my terrible heroine, and she has way more chemistry with the my lead....SHIT FUCK FUCK SHIT"

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think Snyder hates any of the DC characters. In fact he loves them and because of this he's okay doing a deconstruction of them and building them back together as shown in the Snyder Cut

This only makes sense when you don't understand deconstruction or when it is and is not appropriate.

I do agree that Snyder actually really loves these characters. There is no need to besmirch the man in this way by saying he does not like his subjects.

The problem is that Snyder seems only capable of viewing his subjects through a very narrow lens. So narrow in fact that saying 'Snyder does not understand the characters' is not all too far from the truth.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Isn't Rose just not that popular outside the ERA bubble? none of my friends remembered she was in SW8. And those are big Star Wars fans. It's a major flaw of the recent Star Wars films. Poe for example had 3 movies but is nowhere near as popular as someone like Darth Maul or Qui Gon.

Ontopic: Akira Toriyama and Vegeta. Toriyama claims he likes Vegeta but also mentioned Vegeta will die early because of high blood pressure. That is kinda sad

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I read somewhere that Tetsuya Takahashi (Xenoblade Chronicles director) likes Melia the most

If you actually played Xenoblade, you'd think he was on a mission to make her as miserable as possible

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You can throw a lot of criticism at Snyder for stuff he did in his DC movies, but the idea that he actually hates those characters is, honestly, pretty stupid.

Yeah it's clear he loves the characters. He just doesn't understand them. It's sad in its own way but it's a different thing.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I am not 100% sure, but it feels the writers really hate Iris in The Flash.

latest

She is written so badly, that you really grow to dislike her. She doesnt really do much, but says "We are the Flash."
She kinda put Caitlyn and Cisco in the background when they were leading Team Flash and she is somehow now CEO of Team Flash.
She gets mad at Barry for doing one thing, then she does the same thing and its fine.

It might just be the writers failing at writing her well though.

xfactor99

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I'm still salty over Melody of Memory, but I'm convinced Nomura only tries to like Kairi because she's important to Sora, and he always puts himself in Sora's shoes. I don't think he likes her at all as her own person.

He definitely doesn't care for Kairi, but he's also on the record saying...uhh, whatever the hell this is:

Kingdom Hearts III is poised to answer questions that have been brewing among fans for more than a decade, but it is still Sora's story. Nomura views it as his journey, even though he doesn't particularly relate to his own hero. "I actually don't sympathize or empathize with Sora at all," Nomura says. Instead, he relates to the game's mysterious villains, Xehanort or likely Ansem, anyone who's fallen prey to their dark natures. "I think I'm closer to those characters, so Sora is like my enemy," he says. "How I always think of him is I would unleash my attacks on him, and then I draw him in a way that I think he will be able to make a comeback at me. In that sense, I really think that Sora is just like an opposite personality character to who I am."

And this lol

Message from Tetsuya Nomura

If I had to pick, I am a person more on the dark side like Xehanort and co., I harness the burning anger in my heart into what I create. Kingdom Hearts IIIs current development explodes very much in this sense. Each time, its a battle with Sora and co. who are the exact opposite of myself, its been over 10 years and yet we havent reached a conclusion.

This battle will surely last longer.
In Kingdom Hearts III as well, I am scheming many challenges that Sora and his friends must overcome, because I myself cannot lose either. And in preparation for the great battle that lies ahead, we have this one book that looks back on their entire journey.

When I think about it, I had an explosive mindset when I made the first Kingdom Hearts as well.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
"Shit, I accidentally wrote a more loveable character than my terrible heroine, and she has way more chemistry with the my lead....SHIT FUCK FUCK SHIT"

"Move away with me and let's get married and forget all of this!"
"Let's stay and fight because you're better than that. That's why I will always love you until the end of time."
"You're right. Thank you. Forget what I said about moving away and getting married. I actually love the other girl but you're like really swell."

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
He definitely doesn't care for Kairi, but he's also on the record saying...uhh, whatever the hell this is:

And this lol

Yeah, I'd say those are the most famous/infamous Nomura quotes as pertaining to KH. But he's also gone on record plenty of times about how important Sora is to him. He and Haley Joel Osment share the "It's the longest relationship I've nurtured with a character" sentiment with Sora, and I'm sure he'll move past whatever he was feeling with those quotes you cited when he's finally able to remake Versus XIII in KH lol.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Isn't Rose just not that popular outside the ERA bubble? none of my friends remembered she was in SW8. And those are big Star Wars fans. It's a major flaw of the recent Star Wars films. Poe for example had 3 movies but is nowhere near as popular as someone like Darth Maul or Qui Gon.

Ontopic: Akira Toriyama and Vegeta. Toriyama claims he likes Vegeta but also mentioned Vegeta will die early because of high blood pressure. That is kinda sad
If they don't remember Rose, new main character that was essential for Finn to grow as a character and set up him to be a general, how big of a Star Wars fan are they or what kind are they? Darth Maul was super popular cause his "edgelord" look and then Clone Wars appearance. I don't really know anyone who cares about Qui Gon outside of the joke of him not caring about people and not saving Shmi from slavery.

I don't know what you mean by "outside the ERA bubble." But this thread isn't about popularity but JJ saying he loves Rose and doesn't bother to put her in the movie/poster but has time to create a character and throw is Lost buddy in the film.