• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
From the director of Re:born

In this 77-minute, one-scene, no-cut action sequence, Miyamoto Musashi (Tak Sakaguchi) defeats 588 enemies, one after the other.

The trailer and poster say 400, but the synopsis says 588, but either way, it's a lot

FB_IMG_1583146934626.jpg

Akahige

Oct 27, 2017
Did they film it in one take because the budget was one dollar?

The film looks low quality.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This looks interesting, is the footage in the teaser from behind the scenes tho? cause uh... it kinda looks like it. Either way I love the ridiculous concept so I'll give it a watch regardless.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Why do they always wait tho.

I'm all about suspension of disbelief, but this is one of the reasons I was disapointed recently with The Night Comes for Us which a lot of Era was raving about after Extraction, so I watched it and that movie is FULL of "waiting henchman syndrome" and it really took me out of it.

Not sure if it was the way it was shot or the quality of the actors, but a lot of times you literally saw the henchmen in the background just... just literally waiting, not doing anything, and since the movie also loves the stylized "counter by grabing your leg and then elbowing your knee cap off and then standing there for 5 seconds" thing, it made it even worse for me.

The gore made up for it at least :P

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
There's no honor in stabbing someone in the back or attacking from behind. Its looked down upon in most all cultures. It's one of the reasons why the rule exist. You don't shoot someone in the back. You don't attack from behind. You just don't do that. In film. Out of film. Out on the streets. Any religion. Any gang. Any mafia. Its the one rule that transcends boundaries.

Last edited:

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Love Tak and Shimomura, but honestly this sounds kind of exhausting. Is it at least the fake one-shot stuff where they hide the cuts in whip pans or did the lunatics actually do it in one giant take?

The first half of Re:Born absolutely fucks, but once it gets into the 1 vs. 100 stuff in the final half-hour or so I really lost interest. A good Jackie Chan style 4 on 1 where everyone is actually fighting at once and Jackie is eating hits and has to run away almost immediately is always going to be better than a scene where the hero stands in the centre of a circle of dozens and they all run in to be killed one by one.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's no honor in stabbing someone in the back or attacking from behind. Its looked down upon in most all cultures. It's one of the reasons why the rule exist. You don't shoot someone in the back. You don't attack from behind. You just don't do that. In film. Out of film. Out on the streets. Any religion. Any gang. Any mafia. Its the one rule that transcends boundaries.

J1jZ.gif

People definitely get attacked from the back. Not attacking the back is a cop out imo, but I don't mind it.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like the whole film is this 1 battle?
I mean I love action no doubt but this seems kinda stupid
Doesn't help that the sword fights look kinda lame on that tweet, you can clearly see some swings didn't hit anything