• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
show fuckin sucked. I was high on it at the beginning because of the nice production design (literally movie quality) and Sylvie (who deserves better than this show), but whew last three or so episodes were so bad. Finale especially was a wet fart of an exposition dump made even worse by jonathan majors wack performance.
Yep

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
show fuckin sucked. I was high on it at the beginning because of the nice production design (literally movie quality) and Sylvie (who deserves better than this show), but whew last three or so episodes were so bad. Finale especially was a wet fart of an exposition dump made even worse by jonathan majors wack performance.
I hated this show so much but I have to hard disagree with your last sentence. The finale of the show redeemed my ever dwindling opinion of Loki and I thought Jonathan Majors portrayed his character as intended

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Man im glad i fucking loved wandavision and Loki, because some of the takes here, phew... i dont want to be in the same room as you in an opinion debate. I even have talked with friends that didnt like it and they didnt sound like the insane ramblings some of you have here, some of you sound like you watched the worst shit ever or something.

Maybe it was the doctor fan in me that made me enjoy the whole show, and the ending. For example i love wandavision, but the ending did feel like typical marvel fluff sadly. Did some of you really want some piu piu laser bangs finale for everything? Loved a good villain explanation to hype things up, and this had it, and he did a great job doing the already lost madman role.

The fact that the finale went pew pew laser bang in WandaVision is what hurt it. Characters were left with no time to breathe, so we have dumb shit like a major antagonist, White Vision, just fucking off in the middle of a climax. We have SWORD guy acting like a lunatic. We have Monica who gained super powers and doesn't even acknowledge that in any way shape or form. We have Monica telling Wanda that the town she mindraped for a week will never understand how much she sacrificed for them. While the townfolk watch and listen in mute horror. Then we have Wanda, having learned literally nothing from all this, mindrape Agatha one last time, for shits and giggles.

Loki goes to the other direction, by making the protagonist utterly passive during the climax of the season's story, he just sits there and listens to a newly introduced character deliver exposition for almost an entire fucking hour, and then when the pivotal moment comes its Sylvie who is proactive and pushes the narrative forward, not Loki. If Major's performance wasn't embarrassing, maybe he could have salvaged the mess and made it watchable.

There's nothing wrong with little to no action. The best episode of the season was the one where Loki and Mobius are chatting in an interrogation room, and Loki is being shown his alternate life. Seeing how that knowledge affects and changes him, and how he tries to get out of his predicament is compelling. The finale was passive and boring by comparison. Loki is just a backseat passenger to events. I don't know to what extent covid affected production, but if I'd written that finale script it definitely would have been forced into rewrites by any self-respecting producer, film teacher or film competition. People will retort to me that Loki made an important character choice in resisting Sylvie, but that misses the point: Sylvie is the one driving the narrative forward in the finale, not Loki, the actual protagonist.

The writers had options in how to navigate this scene, it could have gone in any number of ways, while still retaining the basic structure of the multiverse being unleashed. I just think they chose an inferior route. It doesn't nullify the rest of the excellent season, my only criticism is the final episode.