• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
wish we could've gone in Chicago. It was bought up by ticket brokers the second it went on sale.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Man my participation really dropped off the last couple seasons, I still watched so much shit going on really caused too many distractions to really get invested as I was the first couple seasons with making GIFs and stuff and besides others (and especially the show's Twitter) started doing it to the point where it started to feel pointless. No surprise for the ending, that was "endgame" since day one and I'm glad it got there. It sucks that Santino never came back, dude didn't even take a second to recognize the show ending. Skylar Astin really got put into a thankless task.

Rafavert

Oct 31, 2017
Portugal
Eh, who knows if Brexit will even happen. Keep hope!
Though if she adds more dates in Paris or Amsterdam, I'd be tempted to take the train just to see her again...

I try to, but the uncertainty sure is making planning a trip there difficult! Canceled one that was going to take next week over this. But that's a whole other issue.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, who knows if Brexit will even happen. Keep hope!
Though if she adds more dates in Paris or Amsterdam, I'd be tempted to take the train just to see her again...

The first rule of Brexit is that it will never end and never begin. It both is and isn't, permanently.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to miss that show, a lot.

A little disappointed they didn't include "First Penis I saw" in their tour, but it was a wonderful ride.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Too bad it will never be on Canadian Netflix 😑

And Canadian iTunes wants me to buy it season by season, at $19.99-29.99 a season.

Cool. I mean. I'll do it at some point because I love the show so much, but man.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

Rachel uploaded the live show performances to her youtube channel, including this Very Special Encore that did not make it to broadcast.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching this (I've always waited for it to come onto Netflix). Man...even binging it, that New Greg was hard to get into. I think I sorta started to accept him by the time it got to the I Hate Everything but You song. It's not the guy's fault at all, but I think it just took me out of a lot of episodes. This was a good season, but I definitely enjoyed every other season more. Don't think it had THAT many good songs, either. Well, the last string of episodes had some good ones for sure. This all sounds negative, but I'm gonna miss this show. It was really good and honestly way too relatable. Like, insanely relatable. Also, Era is saying that relatable is spelled wrong, or isn't a word, and it just made me google relatable to see if it's a word and it's kind of freaking me out.

Oct 27, 2017
Watched all of season 4 this past week. Pretty good, especially after how awful season 3 was. Was dreading the return of Santino but then was pleasantly surprised that Greg was back with a different/better actor. Santino was the absolute worst.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Going to the live show next Tuesday. Might be getting drinks before hand if anyone wants to meet up for a drink.

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing it live was beautiful and touching but also bittersweet... It feels like an actual ending and it's hitting me that it's actually over. Sad to see it go...

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Watched all of season 4 this past week. Pretty good, especially after how awful season 3 was. Was dreading the return of Santino but then was pleasantly surprised that Greg was back with a different/better actor. Santino was the absolute worst.

I didn't think this opinion was possible. Fontana's Greg is the best character on the show (it's debatable between him and Rebecca, but he edges it out for me).

He is definitely the most authentic and grounded. He owns his flaws so fully that he's ridiculously likeable and funny, even while believably hating himself. The performance is masterful and I have no idea how he did it.

And on top of that, he has the highest concentration of amazing songs on the show too. They're all incredible.

-Settle for Me
-I Could if I Wanted To
-Hey West Covina
-Drinking Song
-We Tapped That Ass
-Shit Show

The WORST song he did was UTI, and that one is still better than anything Valencia, Josh, Nathaniel, or Paula ever did solo.

That Greg upstaged nearly everyone on that show.

New Greg was... okay. He did a serviceable Fontana impression. His songs were lackluster. His performance (along with the songs) robbed the character of his vulnerability, which made him boring and kind of hollow. His "Hey West Covina," while a cool throwback at first, just made me mad in hindsight at how it wiped away everything from the first rendition like magic.

Greg's redemption was completely unearned.

Not Asleep

Oct 25, 2017
Went to the encore show tonight. SO SO SO SO GOOD. And with a lot more cosplay than I expected, lol. Everyone was amazing (and dang, Rachel Bloom, why would you go so damn, uh, balls to the wall with Heavy Boobs without a bra?). Skyler Astin had to dash after yesterday's show, which was fine with me because they brought out Lin-Manuel Miranda (!!) to "apologize" for Gabrielle Ruiz insulting women during Women Gotta Stick Together. Here's a video that Aline Brosh McKenna took of them salsa-ing off the stage.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

Anti-Depressants Are So Not A Big Deal won an Emmy and also Emmy award winning song writer Rachel Bloom is pregnant.

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I didn't think this opinion was possible. Fontana's Greg is the best character on the show (it's debatable between him and Rebecca, but he edges it out for me).

He is definitely the most authentic and grounded. He owns his flaws so fully that he's ridiculously likeable and funny, even while believably hating himself. The performance is masterful and I have no idea how he did it.

And on top of that, he has the highest concentration of amazing songs on the show too. They're all incredible.

-Settle for Me
-I Could if I Wanted To
-Hey West Covina
-Drinking Song
-We Tapped That Ass
-Shit Show

The WORST song he did was UTI, and that one is still better than anything Valencia, Josh, Nathaniel, or Paula ever did solo.

That Greg upstaged nearly everyone on that show.

New Greg was... okay. He did a serviceable Fontana impression. His songs were lackluster. His performance (along with the songs) robbed the character of his vulnerability, which made him boring and kind of hollow. His "Hey West Covina," while a cool throwback at first, just made me mad in hindsight at how it wiped away everything from the first rendition like magic.

Greg's redemption was completely unearned.
Yeah the show died for me a little bit when he left.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone with a Crazy Ex-Girlfriend sized hole in their heart this year, Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist is a new musical drama/comedy is now airing on NBC. It also has New Greg in a big role.

---

If there's a song in your heart, it will get in her head. Jane Levy stars in this high-concept drama as Zoey Clarke, a whip-smart computer coder forging her way in San Francisco. After an unusual event, Zoey, who always preferred podcasts over pop songs, suddenly starts to hear the innermost wants, thoughts and desires of the people around her - her family, co-workers and complete strangers - through popular songs. At first, she questions her own sanity, but after getting some guidance from her musically adept neighbor, Mo, and making a breakthrough with her ailing father, Zoey soon realizes this unwanted curse may just be an incredibly wonderful gift as she connects with the world like never before. The series stars Jane Levy, Skylar Astin, Alex Newell and John Clarence Stewart, with Peter Gallagher and Mary Steenburgen. Lauren Graham is a special guest star.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
R.Bloom has got some projects in the works, the first: A broadway musical version of hit 90s CBS sitcom The Nanny

And the second:

r7hsPyb.png

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Super late, but my SO and myself binged the entire show during the past month or so (on Netflix), and finished today. Really can't say enough good things about it; it's wonderful on so many levels. The highlight is of course the honest and empathetic handling of mental illness, so good and so rare.

February? But Bloom is due around March...

Well, she does portray the mother of the Antichrist, so either she's pregnant with him (her?) in the pilot, or she doesn't appear until later. :)

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
overall i think season 4 was a little weaker than the previous seasons. the extra episodes the cw ordered made it feel more drawn out than it needed to be.

but gosh i'm so proud of paula. absolute fucking legend.

It's been about a year, and I still stand by this statement. the first three seasons did a lot of fun and unexpected stuff, but season 4 spent a lot of time treading water to fill out the episode order.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I barely remember what happened in season 4. Pretzel store, prison play, nuGreg showed up, triple date with all of the guys, Rebecca chooses herself in the end, I think that's it