• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
Yeah yeah I know, someone on ERA is making a hyperbolic opinion thread. You can deny it all you want, but deep down you know it's true and somebody had to say it.

tumblr_loc20i0iEz1qle2ioo1_500.gif
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've only seen the English Laura Bailey version, but I loved it. It's so different from the Japanese show though that they're not comparable.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Never watched this but have known of it for some time

When I saw this, I was taken back by how fuckin hype this fight scene looked and wasn't sure if it was from the same show

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have vague recollections of this being on in the middle of the night on Adult Swim

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I never got to see any episode, but based on what my brother told me when he lived there, it's pretty huge in Spain.

PixelsByNight

Apr 22, 2019
USA
I LOVED the Funimation dub. They did the episodes out of order, but added their own continuity and charm into it. I remember watching it on Adult Swim until they made Season 3 only on DVD, and that was the last of it...

It looked like it was fun to work on that show... I still wish that Funimation would pick it up again in the future.

I never saw any of the original episodes though, no idea where to even find them on.

Oct 31, 2017
Shin Chan is genuinely my favourite show of all time, I remember watching the Vitello dub when I was a kid, then the Fun dub when I was a late teen.
That show will always be #1 in my heart, every year I buy the Japanese movie posters and put them on my bedroom wall, currently at 32.
Such a shame we only got 3 seasons of the Fun dub and not a single movie.

Can we get a Kickstarter going!?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I don't typically watch anime in English, but I've seen a lot in both Japanese and English. They're both fantastic and pretty different experiences. In the Funimation dub, I absolutely love the two future episodes where Shin is in high school and boxes the russian guy. I've seen those two episodes countless times, and there are so many great and subtle background jokes. Too funny.
That show will always be #1 in my heart, every year I buy the Japanese movie posters and put them on my bedroom wall, currently at 32.
These are all on your wall right now? Pics!!

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I still have the complete collection of the manga. It make such a great repeat reading experience due to the format.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely my favorite english dub of an anime of all time. There are so many jokes, many topical for the time period of its release, shoved in at such a fast pace that you have to really pay attention to catch them all. Great stuff.

Easily the best anime.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
I hated this show so much....until I loved it.

party party join us join us

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
Wait just a second.

I just checked the funimation dub for the first episode and they mention Heroine and "Ass" and stuff...so when I was young and watched it on Cartoon Network what the hell was I watching?!

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Correct. I watched it all the time with chinese dub back in the day, my whole family loved it

TeaberryShark

Feb 8, 2019
The adult swim dub is its own thing right? Like it doesn't even remotely resemble the original show? I've never seen the original, or original sub/dub... I have always wanted to though because I loved the AS versions.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I think about the fact that this show has over 1,000 episodes and is by all rights a paragon of its genre, and yet I've never watched it

Then I go back to my blissful ignorance of its existence

OP
OP
Beedig

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
Wait just a second.

I just checked the funimation dub for the first episode and they mention Heroine and "Ass" and stuff...so when I was young and watched it on Cartoon Network what the hell was I watching?!
It aired on Adult Swim so you can get away with that.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I was sad when they pulled the Funimation dub off of Hulu. I was tempted to buy the seasons on Amazon streaming but they were pretty expensive (close to $100 for all 3 seasons) and now I see it is no longer available to purchase streaming on Amazon. Sucks. There's a few bootleg episodes on Youtube last time I checked.

Oct 27, 2017
I remember the chapter when he was complaining about stomachaches and the teacher was teying to determine what was wrong, only to reveal at the end that it's because he hadn't taken a dump in like a week. For some reason that's always the first thing about the series that comes to my mind.

Also his penchant for dressing his dick up like an elephant.

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (5 days): Encouraging and admitting to piracy
EVERYONE needs to torrent and watch Shin Chan: The Adult Empire Strikes Back. Shit is a legit amazing movie, it won awards and you WILL cry.

Actually, here's a facebook video link to the film with english subs.

MOD EDIT: Removed pirated content.

This movie is never coming to the states, never being officially subbed or dubbed, and is too good not to share- so I don't think it's an issue to post, but mods feel free to correct me.

I grew up with the Spain dub in the Dominican Republic and would always watch with my mom, who would be in hysterics over the show. One my fondest memories is watching my mom wipe tears of laughter the first time she saw Shin do his booty dance, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 31, 2017
I don't typically watch anime in English, but I've seen a lot in both Japanese and English. They're both fantastic and pretty different experiences. In the Funimation dub, I absolutely love the two future episodes where Shin is in high school and boxes the russian guy. I've seen those two episodes countless times, and there are so many great and subtle background jokes. Too funny.

These are all on your wall right now? Pics!!

Sorry, had fallen asleep, just seen your post. The lighting kinda sucks because it's 3am for me right now, but here you go 🤗

imgur.com

imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
imgur.com

imgur.com

imgur.com

imgur.com

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Yep it's up there, i haven't seen an episode in years but i never saw a bad/unfunny one.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah Shin chan movies always had dope fights and action sequences.

Starts about 2 mins in:

This specific movie, Buri Buri was so fun. That duck lifeboat was hilarious. Went back 2 days ago and it's fairly well animated. The other one I've seen in Action Kamen. Kind of hard to find ways to watch them. Still have my VHS copies.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
This specific movie, Buri Buri was so fun. That duck lifeboat was hilarious. Went back 2 days ago and it's fairly well animated. The other one I've seen in Action Kamen. Kind of hard to find ways to watch them. Still have my VHS copies.

The part where they have to skydive out of the plane is a classic for me.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US