• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I do love these types of horror movies. Will watch.

They were here first. Watch the official trailer for Crawl, in theatres July 12, 2019.

When a massive hurricane hits her Florida hometown, Haley (#KayaScodelario) ignores evacuation orders to search for her missing father (#BarryPepper). Finding him gravely injured in the crawl space of their family home, the two become trapped by quickly encroaching floodwaters. As time runs out to escape the strengthening storm, Haley and her father discover that the rising water level is the least of their fears.

From director Alexandre Aja (The Hills Have Eyes) and producers Craig Flores (300) (#CraigFlores), Sam Raimi (Don't Breathe, Evil Dead) (#SamRaimi) and Alexandre Aja (#AlexandreAja), Crawl (#Crawl) is a nail-biting horror thriller in theatres July 12, 2019.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
What's with the damn hashtags?

giphy.gif

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, that's a great setting choice. Looks like a thrilling mix of disaster, survival, and horror.

Really like the choice of crocodiles too, and how the trailer frames it as them just adjusting to a new habitat and casually hunting some human meat (with a dose of intelligent horror croc thrown in, of course).

Definitely in!

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
This is kinda off topic, but why do movie trailers on YT now have 5 second 'previews' of the trailer before the actual trailer starts? I've been noticing this happening for more and more movie trailers online lately. Because I find them REALLY distracting.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This is kinda off topic, but why do movie trailers on YT now have 5 second 'previews' of the trailer before the actual trailer starts? I've been noticing this happening for more and more movie trailers online lately.
It's one of the most annoying trends in trailer design.

ALMOST as annoying as syncing gunshots to the music....

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
This is kinda off topic, but why do movie trailers on YT now have 5 second 'previews' of the trailer before the actual trailer starts? I've been noticing this happening for more and more movie trailers online lately. Because I find them REALLY distracting.
I think it's to make the people that hover over the video enticed to click on it. They act as mini-previews. And some people don't sit through the entire trailer so having a super short "trailer" at the start makes it so people don't forget about it in the future.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017

Some sort of metahype to themselves?

It is the same reason why trailers show the whole movie in them since they want execs and people to have a good idea of how the whole movie plays out. Like, "hey you think we cut a bad trailer but here is the movie" to try to convince you to go see it. They are afraid the audience for the trailers won't watch the whole thing so they tease things, "look what's going to be in this trailer so you should watch it all" instead of you watching and finding out.

They don't do it in movie theaters cause they can't change the channel or close the window, they know they are "stuck" watching them. You aren't stuck at home.

Oct 29, 2017
It looks fun and I like Kaya Scodelario. I'll watch this when it hits Netflix/HBO.

Trailer appears to show everything interesting that happens in the film however.

Deleted member 34385

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 26, 2017
the reason is marketing related, we do it to, most people see the trailer for the first time while they are scrolling and these few seconds help a lot to grab someones attention on social media and stop them from scrolling away.also, most people on youtube can click commercials away after 5 seconds. it actually works and keeps people engaged.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Good job the trailer showed off what appears to be every other jump scare and most of the plot.
Thanks for the heads up, will avoid this trailer and wait for reviews.
When the trailer shows up as an ad on Youtube, the 5-second preview is to get you to keep watching to avoid skipping the trailer or click on the trailer to watch the whole thing.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Love it.

For those that need a good primer for this, check out Black Water and Rogue, which were both excellent.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am dying. The best parts are the governor saying "Y'all dead". Folks too stupid to escape a house, and the line delivery. Like is that their best takes?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
visual effects look really incomplete

and the plot is pure shlock, but it doesn't feel like it's playing into that

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
The alligator looks much better than Sonic. Lol.
But really, I love the setting going on with this.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
How are you gonna show that arm chomp in the trailer

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is super typical for modern trailers, but I felt like it showed everything.

Jul 18, 2018
It's one of the most annoying trends in trailer design.

ALMOST as annoying as syncing gunshots to the music....
It's for embedding and social media . Those small clips will be played as ads on posts like Twitter for example. Or if you use Facebook for example, it autoplays when scrolling through feed so they see that beginning. Etc etc into all social media platforms for mobile and desktop users

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Aja directed my favorite horror remake ever in The Hills Have Eyes but has never risen to that level again.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
One of my favorite modern horror directors. Hasn't done me wrong yet with Hills Have Eyes Remake, Mirrors, Pirahna 3D, High Tension, Horns.

And I love me some killer creature features.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I think those rescue workers maybe dead. I don't know though, should see to confirm.