• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Deciding earth is no longer of interest, the villainous Nitros Oxide has challenged Crash and team to one last epic battle on his home planet in the Gasmoxia Grand Prix!

During this toxic race to the finish, players will challenge each other on an epic new track high up in Gasmoxia's atmosphere, where two rival fast-food conglomerates are battling it out for planet domination (and a CTR TV sponsorship). New skins, karts, an imperious new character to unlock and a new track to conquer, touted as the most technical track ever assembled in Crash Team Racing - - players will have a wild ride in this Grand Prix season!

The Gasmoxia Grand Prix season is set to go live this Thursday, February 20 at 7:00 AM PST (3:00 PM UTC). With the launch of the Gasmoxia Grand Prix this week, Crash™ Team Racing Nitro Fueled boasts a total of eight Grand Prix seasons, 40 racetracks, 12 Battle Arenas and more than 50 characters!

NEW TRACK: Are you ready for Oxide's final challenge, the most technical track ever assembled in Crash Team Racing? Then prepare to take on Drive-Thru Danger! Not for the faint of heart, this track exists high above the skyline on Oxide's home planet Gasmoxia and pits racers in the middle of a fast-food war between the planet's two biggest conglomerates – Nuclear Pizza and Toxic Burger. Existing at the fringes of space, it's filled with twists, turns and risky shortcuts for the bold. The ever-present gaze of Gasmoxia's corporate giants hangs over the heads of all racers as they strive to beat the track (and each other) and escape this toxic dystopia!

NEW CHARACTER: As if Oxide's presence wasn't enough, he's enlisted help from the Galaxy's self-proclaimed ruler, Emperor Velo! Unlock this devious new character in the Nitro Gauge.

NEW TIME TRIALS: Velo isn't just making an appearance this season, he's providing a whole new challenge in Time Trials! See how fast you really are by beating Velo's insanely fast times on each of Nitro-Fueled's courses.

NEW KARTS: Your intergalactic ride awaits! Unlock three hovering new karts this season: the Void Manta, the Velo Chopper and the retro-vibing Galactic Cruiser.

PIT STOP ITEMS: When in Gasmoxia, do as the Gasmoxians do! Look like a local with a wide array of new Pit Stop items to swag out your racer and kart in the space-adventuring theme of the planet.

CHAMPION KART AND DECAL: Finish in the top 5% of the Grand Prix leaderboards and win the Champion Kart and Gasmoxia signature decal!

ERJljUfXUAU9WOh

ERJljUgXUAIPEp0

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NEW TIME TRIALS: Velo isn't just making an appearance this season, he's providing a whole new challenge in Time Trials! See how fast you really are by beating Velo's insanely fast times on each of Nitro-Fueled's courses.
...Oh fuck Tiny Temple is getting a new time trial.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Emperor Velo looks amazing! .. and.. two levels of harder time trials, what a joy! :,D

Super happy to have the CNK roster completed now, and we even have now the Boss HoverKart!

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Whats the Switch version like? I see its on sale.
Long loading times, lousy resolution, and a few frame dips but otherwise great. The biggest problem is if you play your Switch on the go; you need an internet connection to earn coins or use the pit stop. But for someone who plays at home, it's totally fine.

SuperHans

Oct 27, 2017
Long loading times, lousy resolution, and a few frame dips but otherwise great. The biggest problem is if you play your Switch on the go; you need an internet connection to earn coins or use the pit stop. But for someone who plays at home, it's totally fine.
The game is 30FPS on all platforms right?

Oct 27, 2017
N. Brio's skin looked really cool from what little I saw of it in the 30 second trailer. Xenomorph-ish despite being labeled an octopus.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious to see how many times of Emperor Velo's I've already beaten, granted, I did them with Pura on Turn so I imagine I can topple most of my old time now with Pura on Speed.

Then I can take on those Beenox Staff Ghosts in March. I imagine they will break a lot of people.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok wait.... that music is fucking amazing!

And those shortcuts!

But I gotta know, is there something that changes based on what brand gate you go through? Didn't immediately notice anything change after one watch but they seem to deliberately chose a different gate on the second start to maybe show something? Seems like a sort of brand allegiance selection or some such in my mind. Maybe the background battle plays out differently.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This might be the first new track I find good.

I hate Velo tho, such an ugly character. lol
I thought Nina's Nightmare and Gingerbread Joyride were solid.

I'm really glad the new track seems to have no blue fire. I love blue fire, don't get me wrong, but it was getting overplayed. And it actually looks like a fun layout unlike the mess that was Spyro Circuit.

Lokoline

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil

I'm really glad the new track seems to have no blue fire. I love blue fire, don't get me wrong, but it was getting overplayed. And it actually looks like a fun layout unlike the mess that was Spyro Circuit.

Yeah, that's what I feel about blue fire too. It seems this track does have it tho, you can get it in the first jump.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Hate to burst your bubble but the new track certainly has Blue Fire on it. You see it activate here in this video (Right at 0:58):

(I love Blue Fire so I'm glad it's there, I just wish this track was like Electron Avenue so every booster activated it).

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, those Nitro Squad skins are far too similar to ones they already have and Geary still hasn't got a skin. Tbh even though this is the last GP I'll probably skip it just like Rustland, none of the rewards are of interest.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Meh, those Nitro Squad skins are far too similar to ones they already have and Geary still hasn't got a skin. Tbh even though this is the last GP I'll probably skip it just like Rustland, none of the rewards are of interest.
I'm fully expecting Geary to get a Skin right after this GP :p ... if he couldn't get one during the Rustland GP (which was super fitting for a robot of all things), wouldn't be in this one he'd get one.

they're probably dumping skins for the most popular characters online too.. so it's not surprising The Nitro Squad and Spyro are getting more skins

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Beenox, please, give skins to those who don't already have a bunch. I would understand over-serving the Nitro Squad for the sake of balancing the male and female skin options, but Pasadena and Yaya are right there without a single legendary skin between them. Tawna is getting legendary skin number 4!

And neither Geary nor Pinstripe have gotten anything since launch. Geary is the only base game character who has nothing at all.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nice, I was hoping that the women would get new skins for the final GP. Though they're a little boring.

I mean, Tawna got skins in 4 out 8, the Nitro Squad in 3 out of 8 GPs. Between all of them, only 3 GPs didn't have any (Back N. Time, Spyro and Rustland). It's not like there's been a shortage of skins for them.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Beenox, please, give skins to those who don't already have a bunch. I would understand over-serving the Nitro Squad for the sake of balancing the male and female skin options, but Pasadena and Yaya are right there without a single legendary skin between them. Tawna is getting legendary skin number 4!

And neither Geary nor Pinstripe have gotten anything since launch. Geary is the only base game character who has nothing at all.
funny also how Emperor Velo is getting a pirate skin (space pirate.. but still!) and we already had Pirate Papu... and Von Clutch is right there without a skin and he had a pirate one in Tag Team :p

but I'm sure every character eventually will get one; --Brio and King Chicken are just now getting their first legendary skins

Oct 27, 2017
Been waiting on Ripper Roo skins. He should have had one with rustland's since his tubes/lab got destroyed but alas.

My sons and I actually made a story out if it last night as I was gentleman Ripper in the Nautilus "coming home after an extended vacation" only to find it's been destroyed and Megamix in charge whom my son was using. "What you do, I told you 4 not to touch anything!"

Surprise twist? Ripper accidentally the whole thing and blew far away and made his way back after regaining consciousness some time later and knowing nothing. Yes, we have so much fun playing this game haha.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
As a kid I would have loved all this new content but as an adult with a backlog I just don't have the time for these live service games.

Oct 27, 2017
As a kid I would have loved all this new content but as an adult with a backlog I just don't have the time for these live service games.
With the exception of the top 5% decal (and car if you haven't earned it in any GP), everything can be acquired in the in game store, with the most current stuff on hold for 2 months/GP seasons. Meaning Novemeber's offerings will be available this next GP after being unavailable through the Winter Fest and Rustland GPs for instance. That seems likely to change once this final GP is done and everything will be available.

Yes, some things are locked behind a level bar in each GP, but after that wait period they can be obtained (or at the end of the GP, you can spend coins to fill up the bar).

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Been waiting on Ripper Roo skins. He should have had one with rustland's since his tubes/lab got destroyed but alas.

My sons and I actually made a story out if it last night as I was gentleman Ripper in the Nautilus "coming home after an extended vacation" only to find it's been destroyed and Megamix in charge whom my son was using. "What you do, I told you 4 not to touch anything!"

Surprise twist? Ripper accidentally the whole thing and blew far away and made his way back after regaining consciousness some time later and knowing nothing. Yes, we have so much fun playing this game haha.
haha, that's cute! Glad you're enjoy the game with your sons!

hope the new track is of their interest, btw! (I think it was you talking in the OT that was a little worried for the lack of variety through the GP, isn't it? a new track isn't exactly variety but certainly makes things fresh for a little while)

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Is this game worth getting if I'm only going to play in handheld mode on the Switch? Are the graphics pretty good in handheld mode? TIA
a bit blurry, but otherwise fine (if you already played N. Sane Trilogy and Reignited Trilogy on Switch, it should be on par; nothing like Xenoblade 2), but be aware that to earn coins you need to be connected at the internet all times;

Oct 27, 2017
haha, that's cute! Glad you're enjoy the game with your sons!

hope the new track is of their interest, btw! (I think it was you talking in the OT that was a little worried for the lack of variety through the GP, isn't it? a new track isn't exactly variety but certainly makes things fresh for a little while)
Ha thanks. I'm home sick so I was able to see my oldest out the door for school and he was so excited to come home to the news. We regularly watch CanadianGuyEh and MisterBo and other CTR youtubers so these past few days since the end announcement have had him excited.

Last night we played two races before bed and he wanted Megamix Mania in honor of the GP's end and Hyperspace Highway for what was coming.
Edit: oh, the story there was after seeing what happened to Earth after the megapocolypse, it was a space race to see who got to claim "not it!" when it came to taking over the Earth haha. Kids loved it.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Ha thanks. I'm home sick so I was able to see my oldest out the door for school and he was so excited to come home to the news. We regularly watch CanadianGuyEh and MisterBo and other CTR youtubers so these past few days since the end announcement have had him excited.

Last night we played two races before bed and he wanted Megamix Mania in honor of the GP's end and Hyperspace Highway for what was coming.
Edit: oh, the story there was after seeing what happened to Earth after the megapocolypse, it was a space race to see who got to claim "not it!" when it came to taking over the Earth haha. Kids loved it.
first thing I'm doing after getting Emperor Velo is certainly racing on Hyper Spaceway with him, even against bots :p .. also the CNK Boss Kart was a thing I always wanted in this game, so I'm quite excited for this new GP!

Oct 27, 2017
first thing I'm doing after getting Emperor Velo is certainly racing on Hyper Spaceway with him, even against bots :p .. also the CNK Boss Kart was a thing I always wanted in this game, so I'm quite excited for this new GP!
Happy for you. Never did play the originals. We've watched some comparison vids and the kids definitely wanted that vehicle too. My youngest is adamant I make nitro kart in Dreams haha.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There will be costumes beyond the GP so Geary will get his time to get a new outfit.

(And can Pinstripe get one too? That'll be nice)

The one thing missing seems to be the Legendary Outfit Recolours the last blog mentioned. Wonder if we'll see any this GP or are they being saved until after the GP. Also wondering if they could be some of the 40 win skins like the Chick and Stew rustland skins from last season.

Oct 27, 2017
There will be costumes beyond the GP so Geary will get his time to get a new outfit.

(And can Pinstripe get one too? That'll be nice)

The one thing missing seems to be the Legendary Outfit Recolours the last blog mentioned. Wonder if we'll see any this GP or are they being saved until after the GP. Also wondering if they could be some of the 40 win skins like the Chick and Stew rustland skins from last season.
Those were a nice surprise.