• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
I feel like I'm going to need to look up some tutorials real quick. I understand the drift mechanic but still getting used to it. And now there's blue flames to look for?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I am just so bummed that it's 480p on Switch undocked. I only play the Switch in handheld mode. That's lower than Vita's native resolution. I have always been kind of a stickler for native resolution, and 480p is sooo far below it. I was kind of mentally preparing for it, thinking about how I definitely noticed the sub-native res on Mario + Rabbids and ended up still thinking it looked pretty great, but I just looked it up and it was 600p! I don't think I've played a single Switch game lower res than that.

This is a lot to basically just say I really want the Switch version because the system suits my play style more than PS4 or XB1 these days, but resolution THIS low is a big deal to me.

ShellFoyer

Oct 30, 2017
How are the load times across the consoles? I saw Switch and One X were long. I would like to know about them on standard PS4 and Xbox One, though.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Man, I am just so bummed that it's 480p on Switch undocked. I only play the Switch in handheld mode. That's lower than Vita's native resolution. I have always been kind of a stickler for native resolution, and 480p is sooo far below it. I was kind of mentally preparing for it, thinking about how I definitely noticed the sub-native res on Mario + Rabbids and ended up still thinking it looked pretty great, but I just looked it up and it was 600p! I don't think I've played a single Switch game lower res than that.

This is a lot to basically just say I really want the Switch version because the system suits my play style more than PS4 or XB1 these days, but resolution THIS low is a big deal to me.
I think the artstyle of the game helps mask the lower resolution. I'm a PC gamer so I'm usually a sticker for higher resolutions, but the game still looks fine to me on handheld.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. The same issues PS4 players are having is the same on my end on Xbox.

Damn shame. This needs stable net code because it's so fun.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Aside from the bad online launch, my only criticism is the lack of lines the racers have when jumping off a really high ledge. The PS1 version had that.

TameLucas

May 30, 2019
Montreal
I was actually worried about 30fps but the game looks perfect and plays smoothly. Simply loving it!

However, I'm having a hard time at Sewer Speedway on Adventure Mode (Medium). This is way harder than it used to be. It's forcing me to get better, however, so I won't change difficulty for now. But I imagine it's gonna scare a few people with that "normal" difficulty lol

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I think the artstyle of the game helps mask the lower resolution. I'm a PC gamer so I'm usually a sticker for higher resolutions, but the game still looks fine to me on handheld.
Hmm, that does make me feel better, since it's coming from someone who also cares about resolution. Thanks for your perspective.

TheBobster92

Nov 5, 2017
Gilbert, Arizona
Just played on Switch :) I played a couple of the Adventure mode races on medium difficulty. You definitely have to more skill and rely less on items compared to Mario Kart, which for me is very welcome.

I gotta say that the game looks great on Switch in handheld mode. It's probably running around a 600p resolution. Also, for 30fps, it looks pretty smooth and I didn't experience any slowdown.

I'm really hoping that online mode holds up as that's where I'll be spending most of my time.

TheBobster92

Nov 5, 2017
Gilbert, Arizona
I was actually worried about 30fps but the game looks perfect and plays smoothly. Simply loving it!

However, I'm having a hard time at Sewer Speedway on Adventure Mode (Medium). This is way harder than it used to be. It's forcing me to get better, however, so I won't change difficulty for now. But I imagine it's gonna scare a few people with that "normal" difficulty lol

I'm totally surprised at how difficult the game is on medium difficulty. Like you said, it forces you to get better and really get a handle of the handling. I'm struggling with the slide boosting as I'm so used to the drifting in Mario Kart.

Overall, I welcome the challenge.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My girlfriend went ahead and picked up her Switch copy, and wow imo the game looks excellent docked on the Switch. Loading times are a bummer yeah, hopefully they get patched.

This looks to be extremely faithful but also expansive in perfect ways that don't over reach. We both got so hype when we started going through the customization and realized we now have CTR but with shit like this.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Kiiiinda getting the hang of the drift. You really have to commit to the turn. That's what was throwing me off initially.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Hmm not sure I'm gonna be able to do these CTR and Relic Races in Adventure mode. I'll keep trying but I'm struggling to get a relic or find all the damn letters lol

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Online play needs help. This shit is broken. I also hate 30 FPS and tons of blur on Pro.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah the loading times for the Switch version are horrible. The 30+ second wait needed to load Crash Cove is way too long.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Unbenannt.PNG