• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Is the only way to unlock Penta via the cheat code, like in the original, or is there an option to unlock him through gameplay?

Don't want to go straight to the cheat if he can be unlocked through playing the game.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
My friend has his SimplyGames copy, so hopefully mine should be waiting when I get back.

In terms of split screen, it definitely has it locally right...?

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Is kart collision really that big of a deal? I mean, you'll still be able to hit opponents with the masks, orbs, turbos and all those contact-based weapons. It's just less bumping, which I've never thought of as a particular staple of kart racing.

I guess what I'm asking is... are y'all out there trolling people playing the game like it's bumper cars?

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
What is this collision you are talking about ?? Does Mario kart have it ? Are you talking about car deformation after a getting hit ?

Oct 25, 2017
Christ, how many poor decisions can these devs make?
What other poor decisions? The game has gone above and beyond and more.

The collision thing online sounds like to prevent players with poor internet lag-freezing and halting other people that run into them to a complete stop. Sonic's online has online collisioning and it is a constant issue.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What is this collision you are talking about ?? Does Mario kart have it ? Are you talking about car deformation after a getting hit ?

Yes you can run into people in MK. Not a deal breaker but it's weird they'll have it in campaign but not online. I think people are overestimating the amount of griefers they think would constantly do it all the time 24:7.

At least let us enable it in private matches.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Is kart collision really that big of a deal? I mean, you'll still be able to hit opponents with the masks, orbs, turbos and all those contact-based weapons. It's just less bumping, which I've never thought of as a particular staple of kart racing.

I guess what I'm asking is... are y'all out there trolling people playing the game like it's bumper cars?
You can still flatten and bounce out of people, too. It's really not a big deal.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wish we had the option of lowering resolution for 60 on the X. Forza Horizon 4 spoiled me.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
No splitscreen multiplayer online is sad, but they can always patch it in if there's demand im sure.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the Switch load times are pretty rough though. It seems to take a exact 40 seconds every time to load into a regular race. Beenox should call Nintendo and ask if they can use that overclock cpu mode during load screens that they patched into BotW to improve the load times of that game.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I never really played the original but just looking at this as a new release, it's absolutely gorgeous. Plays really smoothly too, no complaints about it being 30 now I've got to play it. Seems like there's a ridiculous amount of content too.

I could do without the weird fortnite esque shop lol, even without mtx, who is really sitting around wanting the feel of using a mtx store hah? Seems like a poor way to do progression on that end but otherwise very happy.

ashbash159

Oct 27, 2017
Where are you ordering from to get the game a day early?

I tried The Game Collection this time (first time using it) and it doesn't seem I'll get it until tomorrow.

Wondering who to use for Super Mario Maker 2 a day early next week.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No splitscreen multiplayer online is sad, but they can always patch it in if there's demand im sure.

I can't help but feel like kart racers cater to the demographic that wants split screen online. Seemed like a no brainer for them to add.

Everything is gonna get compared to Mario Kart, naturally.

Oct 25, 2017
Where are you ordering from to get the game a day early?

I tried The Game Collection this time (first time using it) and it doesn't seem I'll get it until tomorrow.

Wondering who to use for Super Mario Maker 2 a day early next week.

Went with simply games here. I'm up in Scotland and it came this morning after dispatch yesterday. Going with Game myself for Mario so I can get the stylus, but Simply is a good shout if you just want the game.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Really don't know whether to get this for Switch or PS4.

Is PS4 supposed to perform a lot better?

Nope, they're both 30fps and seem to stick to that target pretty consistently. The major differences (beyond portability, of course) are the graphics (720p/480p vs. 1080p/4K) and loading times (Switch seems to take a while to load into races).

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Will probably go for the switch version since I dont feel like spending $100 on ps4 (game and ps+)for the full experience.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
No online collisions is unbelievable in any sort of racing game released in 2019, as is the fact that some people are defending it as some kind of sage design decision. I'm almost afraid to ask: do weapons and powerups work as expected online? What about that aku aku powerup that I think works by *colliding* into other racers to take them out?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
No online collisions is unbelievable in any sort of racing game released in 2019, as is the fact that some people are defending it as some kind of sage design decision. I'm almost afraid to ask: do weapons and powerups work as expected online? What about that aku aku powerup that I think works by *colliding* into other racers to take them out?
Yes, items and stuff like flattening other racers with the turbo item and bouncing on them work as it's always have. But still, no collision is really weird.

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I've been thinking all of this time this was also been released on PC. After all, we've got the nsane trilogy. Might have to wait a bit more then.

Oct 25, 2017
Weapon based collision and bouncing off other racers all works as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.