• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
30 FPS on Pro and no collisions online? Yeah, I'm going to wait until a huge price cut or if they fix all of that. That's ridiculous.

Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
I've been playing the Xbox One version on my X for the past few hours. Lots of fun and extremely faithful to the original. I think you only need to look at the title screen for all the proof you need that this was done with love and care.

A part of me wishes it was 60FPS. Regardless though, it feels really good to play. I'll be happy to answer any questions to those who are wanting to know specifics. A few screenshots(menu stuff mostly since I found it most interesting). You can also adjust between old boost hud and new, that also goes for the soundtrack as well.

kpHuIRr.png

w3C6nSt.png

GnjNWpp.png

8ejuoXm.png

86hqmLs.png

dp5UYAp.png

FpH9S5R.png

KRpHFkn.png

fditmrF.png

A bit of gameplay

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing the Xbox One version on my X for the past few hours. Lots of fun and extremely faithful to the original. I think you only need to look at the title screen for all the proof you need that this was done with love and care.

A part of me wishes it was 60FPS. Regardless though, it feels really good to play. I'll be happy to answer any questions to those who are wanting to know specifics. A few screenshots(menu stuff mostly since I found it most interesting). You can also adjust between old boost hud and new, that also goes for the soundtrack as well.

A bit of gameplay

All of me wishes it were 60 fps.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The more I think about it, the more I don't mind about no collision.

Items are still in and require skill to use, so it's not the end of the world. I really car smashing as griefing too.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
That "low" ?
I'm betting on a strong 86 - 88 but maybe i'm delusional.

Regardless, I can't wait. I'll be there today at midnight to play just a little bit before bed. Just a little bit...
Complaints about difficulty and not being as good as MK8. More than half of the videos I've seen are people not knowing how to play despite there being video tutorials. Character complaints even though a good chuck of MK8's roster was filler.

Even then the N Sane Trilogy reviewed poorly(70's) despite selling over 10 million.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Start your engines...

By the way, I totally missed that the seasonal content (Spyro etc) is apparently free? That is amazing!

Jan 11, 2019
I really do hope the "no online collisions" thing will be patched in for day 1... If not then I would feel actively deceived. The 30fps-thing has been confirmed multiple times and it has to be accepted at this point, but the fact that I can't bump other players of the road is key missing feature. I understand making games is hard and the devs are doing astonishing work here but I would at least like to be told upfront about such missing features.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Complaints about difficulty and not being as good as MK8. More than half of the videos I've seen are people not knowing how to play despite there being video tutorials. Character complaints even though a good chuck of MK8's roster was filler.

Even then the N Sane Trilogy reviewed poorly(70's) despite selling over 10 million.
I hate to tell you but N. Sane when it first came out got a Opencritic and Metacritic score average of 80, also, 75 and above isn't reviewing poorly, dunno what kind of definition you think that's poor

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
Hopefully one of you guys who gets the game early can test if private matches give the same payouts as online public matches.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Complaints about difficulty

Ludicrous when there is a difficulty setting for the Adventure mode and AI races.

I hate to tell you but N. Sane when it first came out got a Opencritic and Metacritic score average of 80, also, 75 and above isn't reviewing poorly, dunno what kind of definition you think that's poor

Also, Crash 1 and 3 can be bit polarizing, and some of the changes they made in the remake to the game's physics/collision or the lack of improvement brought to certain motorcycle controls only exacerbated the flaws. CTR is held in a much higher regard, and I honestly don't think there are many out there who both actually understand the game's mechanics and think it's just an average kart racer.

Still, I do worry about the ultra casual takes misrepresenting the game that we're about to get.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Okay guys, PS4 or Switch?

Questions:
Does it support Pro controller on Switch
Does Switch have online mode
Are the graphics at least 720pHH/1080dock
Does it have PS4 Pro mode & HDR

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Okay guys, PS4 or Switch?

Questions:
Does it support Pro controller on Switch
Does Switch have online mode
Are the graphics at least 720pHH/1080dock
Does it have PS4 Pro mode & HDR

In order:
I think so
Yes
No, 480p HH, and probably 720p docked (same as N. Sane, which runs on the same engine)
Yes to Pro, pretty much all games above indie level do. Should run at a higher resolution if nothing else. Yes to HDR too, but no word on how good the implementation is. N. Sane's HDR was pretty lousy.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
In order:
I think so
Yes
No, 480p HH, and probably 720p docked (same as N. Sane, which runs on the same engine)
Yes to Pro, pretty much all games above indie level do. Should run at a higher resolution if nothing else. Yes to HDR too, but no word on how good the implementation is. N. Sane's HDR was pretty lousy.

Damn shame the graphics are so bad. I don't understand how they can be so poor on this and such crisp 1080p on Mario Kart 8. I'll ask my gf if she wants Switch or PS4 I guess.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I really do hope the "no online collisions" thing will be patched in for day 1... If not then I would feel actively deceived. The 30fps-thing has been confirmed multiple times and it has to be accepted at this point, but the fact that I can't bump other players of the road is key missing feature. I understand making games is hard and the devs are doing astonishing work here but I would at least like to be told upfront about such missing features.
I don't think they're "actively deceiving" anyone. It's a strange omission, but if they'd said "yes we will have online collisions" and then they didn't, that would be deceptive. They didn't confirm collisions. It may have been expected, but that's not confirmation.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
My copy just showed up! Now to wait for work to finish.

Does it really have no split screen? As that is balls.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

kpHuIRr.png

w3C6nSt.png

GnjNWpp.png

8ejuoXm.png

86hqmLs.png

dp5UYAp.png

FpH9S5R.png

KRpHFkn.png

fditmrF.png

A bit of gameplay

Looking great! 12 more hours to digital unlock for me.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
What would you want collision online? People with shit internet will just lag all over the place and knock you off, if this is something that people will want they can just patch it later.

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
What would you want collision online? People with shit internet will just lag all over the place and knock you off, if this is something that people will want they can just patch it later.
Yeah after playing Team Sonic Racing online (with collision) I'm not really bothered about this. I'd rather have collision than not, but in TSR whenever someone lagged and rammed you it sent you in any random direction, usually off-track.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Any idea if Switch physical version has a mandatory download to play?

Probably grabbing before work tomorrow so would be nice to play on the bus

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Guess I should ask again since more people own the game now, can you only buy what's in the daily deals for the pit-stop, or are you able to buy anything at any time and the daily deals are just cheaper versions, can we get some screenshots to show how to by things outside of the Daily Deals section.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Guess I should ask again since more people own the game now, can you only buy what's in the daily deals for the pit-stop, or are you able to buy anything at any time and the daily deals are just cheaper versions, can we get some screenshots to show how to by things outside of the Daily Deals section.
According to what people have been saying, you can only buy from the daily deals section. If you buy a character, the slot it occupied gets replaced with another character so you don't have to wait to unlock them at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.