• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
That framerate during the split screen section of the trailer looked super rough - guessing that's why it was shown for all of a second.

Game looks awesome though.

Designer_Fake

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
No Spyro seems kind of odd, since his inclusion has been teased so heavily, but who knows, maybe they'll announce him at a later date.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
This is the best generation ever.

This game is peanuts compared to the scope of remaking all three original games. It will certainly have all of the original modes, story and characters at the very least. I don't see why people are worried it will be piecemeal.

The official PR is "It's the authentic CTR experience plus a whole lot more" so I think at this point it's worth more effort to try and figure out what new stuff we're getting, not worrying that old stuff's gonna go missing ;)

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Yeah I agree with this one, Having Mario Kart go from 60fps to 30fps always rubbed me the wrong way and I love Mario Kart. I am hopping Crash can maintain a steady 60fps as well.
When did Mario Kart go 30fps, 3DS with 3D on?!
Edit: during split screen, lol.

But yea, a kart game at 30fps is a no no, but then again so are platformers yet here we are after Crash and Spyro remakes.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Looked through the website source code thing as you do, found a big ass picture

about-section-desktop-bg.jpg

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Gotcha, thanks. New tracks would definitely be welcome.

I don't know, I never liked the MK8 system of choosing your own Kart and wheels. It always seriously slowed down getting into the actual game, especially when playing with newbies.
If this ends up being a system for making Polar a heavy or Tiny a light character I'm all for it. Otherwise it sucks.
I meant nore in terms of visual customizatiob
Changing the colour od the kart, adding stickers or ornaments etc.

Oct 25, 2017
The official PR is "It's the authentic CTR experience plus a whole lot more" so I think at this point it's worth more effort to try and figure out what new stuff we're getting, not worrying that old stuff's gonna go missing ;)
That's exciting!

Although I wonder if it's really worth remaking tracks from CNK or CTTR. They were generally unremarkable and would prefer the devteam dig deep and make their own original tracks based on classic Crash motifs.

Nov 8, 2017
So if this can run on Switch in four player split-screen, I shouldn't have any reason to worry about not getting 60fps in single player on my PS4 Pro right? Oh who am I kidding, they're going to fuck this up and make it 30fps on everything aren't they?

Anyway... I've never played the original; is this game as casual-friendly as Mario Kart 8?

Also, online really needs to work like Mario Kart, with track voting and match-making. None of this "only the host gets to choose" crap that the Sonic racing game did.

Oct 27, 2017
I have zero nostalgia for this game, and after playing the Crash remaster last year, I can definitely say that Crash is just not for me...

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I really hope they directly confirm a PC version soon. I sort of understand Spyro skipping PC considering most 3D platformers bomb hard on Steam, but not this. I am sure it would be a big hit.

Going to be interesting to see how it feels and controls. Obviously triggers are a must but I seriously cannot picture playing this game with throttling my drift boosts without L1 and R1.

I have zero nostalgia for this game, and after playing the Crash remaster last year, I can definitely say that Crash is just not for me...
I think the Crash trilogy is pretty mediocre and would trash them any day of the week but openly consider Crash Team Racing one of my all-time favorite games.

Give it a shot.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
So if this can run on Switch in four player split-screen, I shouldn't have any reason to worry about not getting 60fps in single player on my PS4 Pro right? Oh who am I kidding, they're going to fuck this up and make it 30fps on everything aren't they?

Anyway... I've never played the original; is this game as casual-friendly as Mario Kart 8?

Also, online really needs to work like Mario Kart, with track voting and match-making. None of this "only the host gets to choose" crap that the Sonic racing game did.
"As casual friendly as Mario Kart 8"?
Definitely not.
Sure, it's easy to get the hang of by virtue of being a kart racing game but CTR has a lot of depth mechanics wise and the items tended to be a bit more technical (as in, dependent on how and when the player used them) as opposed to the "all migtly, please help me" item system from Mario Kart.
In that aspect it shat all over Mario Kart 64 and of course Kart 8.

Said that, the original game still had that silly side with accesible controls and track layouts that novice players will enjoy a lot.

Nov 8, 2017
Definitely not.
Sure, it's easy to get the hang of by virtue of being a kart racing game but CTR has a lot of depth mechanics wise and the items tended to be a bit more technical (as in, dependent on how and when the player used them) as opposed to the "all migtly, please help me" item system from Mario Kart.

Said that, the original game still had that silly side with accesible controls and track layouts that novice players will enjoy a lot.
Thanks for the explanation. I was basically wondering if this would be a good game to play online with my mum. A few of us have been playing Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8 once a week for years, and those games were fun because my mum at least had a chance of sometimes beating us in a race.

More recently, we all picked up Wipeout Omega Collection, and although she enjoys playing it, she finds it a lot more difficult and ends up finishing last in most online races.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Definitely not.

How about single player difficulty? Do they have something that's harder than 200cc in MK8? 200cc is quite challenging, but I have mastered that, so I'm hoping for more challenge in this game.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the explanation. I was basically wondering if this would be a good game to play online with my mum. A few of us have been playing Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8 once a week for years, and those games were fun because my mum at least had a chance of sometimes beating us in a race.

More recently, we all picked up Wipeout Omega Collection, and although she enjoys playing it, she finds it a lot more difficult and ends up finishing last in most online races.

If your mom finds Mario Kart Wii (of all MK games) fun then she will completely love CTR. Trust me. imho, It's a balanced game with the right amount of chaos. Items are not grossly powerful but can help you a lot when you need them the most.
How about single player difficulty? Do they have something that's harder than 200cc in MK8? 200cc is quite challenging, but I have mastered that, so I'm hoping for more challenge in this game.
Hmm.. not sure if CTR has something that could rival MK8's 200cc mode but in single player I'd say time trials and some of the bosses in the game are quite challenging so you should have some fun with that.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
If your mom finds Mario Kart Wii (of all MK games) fun then she will completely love CTR. Trust me. imho, It's a balanced game with the right amount of chaos. Items are not grossly powerful but can help you a lot when you need them the most.

Hmm.. not sure if CTR has something that could rival MK8's 200cc mode but in single player I'd say time trials and some of the bosses in the game are quite challenging so you should have some fun with that.
Alright, nice, really looking forward to this, then!

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Still no PC release (date)... jeez... better be 60FPS on PS4 or I'll wait like I've done with Spyro (which don't even go to stable 30...).

Azzawon

Oct 25, 2017
Scunthorpe, UK
Crash Team Racing is my favourite game of all time and seeing this makes me so happy. Seeing those start lights pop up for the first time almost brought a tear to my eye, not even kidding. I would've preferred the classic music in the trailer but still, WE BACK!

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait. It's up for pre-order on Xbox, £34.99 for the standard version and a "Nitros Oxide Edition" for £54.99 which includes "Purchase the Crash™ Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - Nitros Oxide Edition and get the Nitros Oxide playable character, Oxide's Hovercraft, Space-themed Crash, Coco, and Cortex characters skins, and more. "

I certainly hope that "and more" is substantial, as 20 quid sounds a lot for one character and a couple of skins. When I saw the price I assumed it would have a characters and tracks season pass included, but it doesn't seem so.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Since Beenox is working on this, and Toys for Bob just finished working on Spyro, it's safe to say Vicarious Visions is working on an all-new Crash game for 2020.

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
Fuck yeah.

No excuses for not hitting 60fps with this, make it happen.

Who am I kidding I'm buying it regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.