• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Activision published Mind Over Mutant in North America.
ps2_crash_mind_over_mutant_p_6g3g69.jpg

Not sure why they only published in North America, but they found a way to get their name on it.

I can retract some of the blame from Activision though. I always knew about the Universal and Vivendi companies but they both fall under Activision currently.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
I beat crash 3 a while ago on PS1 and it was a great game, but I am not exited for this trilogy. CTR tho is different story, make it happen Activision!!

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whose warring? A desigmer of a game is expressing how he feels on his on twitter. Yall are the one's who are freaking the fuck out.
A lot of platform warriors post in twitter, what's your point?
I think people are mostly missing the point of this. (Although i could be wrong) In the 2nd tweet he emphasizes that it wasn't OUR Crash games appearing on other platforms.

This seems less to be a case of "Fanboyism" and more to do with a passionate creative person being a bit taken aback by seeing their own work as just another part of the mostly soulless corporate machine that is Activision.
This makes no fucking sense whatsoever. First, because the remasters are pretty clearly a labor of love Vicarious carefully and wonderfully worked on, and second because the thing that made a "part of him" die was it getting to other platforms. Didn't have jackshit to do with "being part of soulless corporate machine Activision". If that was the case a "part of him" would die at the remasters being a thing in any way.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Not sure why they only published in North America, but they found a way to get their name on it.

I can retract some of the blame from Activision though. I always knew about the Universal and Vivendi companies but they both fall under Activision currently.

The merger went through literally at the end of Mind Over Mutant's development. That's why. Activision has only produced two Crash products -- Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2 on iOS, and Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy. That's it. CBNK2 was a drastic departure from Mind Over Mutant asset and feel-wise, and then Activision sat on the series for aaaaaaaages.

Last edited:

Deleted member 17491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
image.png

Imagine getting upset over a game you worked on 20 years ago that more people will get to experience and enjoy now that it'll be on other platforms.
Talk about fanboyism. You'd think that he'd be happy that more people get to experience his work, but no a part of him dies at the thought of it.

King Onion

Oct 27, 2017
Man, now I want to buy this just to make that dev more salty. Truly the best viral marketing campaign.

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
ps2_crash_mind_over_mutant_p_6g3g69.jpg

That Crash looks straight out of 5 Nights at Freddie's.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The thing with the Trilogy and why I think it holds up so well on Switch is that it's not that graphically complex.

What makes it so impressive is that it's such a drastic visual upgrade from the original and the art style is great. Whilst the Switch version sacrifices some of the lighting, shadowing and colour saturation, it's able to keep pace with everything else which is relatively simplistic. They've done a great job.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we're going to see any QoL improvements in the ports. Hit detection and platform edge polishing would be nice. A "Restart Stage" option would be nice in Crash 1 for colored gem runs.

It looks fantastic on the Switch as well. Glad it isn't taking any obvious hits in visuals. It's gotta be one one of the best looking games on the thing!

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if we're going to see any QoL improvements in the ports. Hit detection and platform edge polishing would be nice. A "Restart Stage" option would be nice in Crash 1 for colored gem runs.

It looks fantastic on the Switch as well. Glad it isn't taking any obvious hits in visuals. It's gotta be one one of the best looking games on the thing!

Big +1 on the QoL improvements. The loading times were atrocious so a Level Restart option outside of the Time Attack mode is a must. I am shocked they still haven't fixed anything in the PS4 version yet.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Big +1 on the QoL improvements. The loading times were atrocious so a Level Restart option outside of the Time Attack mode is a must. I am shocked they still haven't fixed anything in the PS4 version yet.
It also takes forever to start the game because you can't skip the Vicarious Visions intro. It's a fantastic game overall, but there are so many minor problems that get annoying over time.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
It also takes forever to start the game because you can't skip the Vicarious Visions intro. It's a fantastic game overall, but there are so many minor problems that get annoying over time.

I agree fantastic game but all these small quirks make it really annoying (weird hit boxes, slippery edges and ledges, too short jump height, no level retry option, long loading times).
Let's hope they will fix at least some of them.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017

I swear some people won't be happy unless Switch versions are magically on par or even superior. Looks absolutely fine to me.

Think I'm going to trade in my PS4 copy towards the Switch version, the appeal of being able to 100% the game (not Crash 1 to avoid breakages) on the go is too much.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good :) Looking forward to seeing the comparison done by Digital Foundry from a technical perspective.

I'm not saying I agree with it, just trying to find an explanation for Iwasaki's irrational fanboy bitterness.
But you were indicating that Crash Bandicoot hadnt been successful before, and being on a Nintendo platform, this could finally make it successful. That isnt the case :P

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
User Warned: Thread Derailment & Console Waring
Still, people not having a "chance" to play Crash before it goes multiplatform in July doesn't make sense to me.

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Still, people not having a "chance" to play Crash before it goes multiplatform in July doesn't make sense to me.
Someone who's not interested in having a PS4 at all will have the chance to play the games in July.
Someone that is only somewhat interested in the games, but not interested enough to get a platform they don't have will have the change to play the games in July.

Yeah, doesn't make sense, right?

Roo

Oct 25, 2017

I have several questions about this....but i don't need to say them.....

You know what's funny?
The fact that pretty much everyone focuses only on the Switch version.
For some reason they're (willingly) forgetting the game is also coming to XBox and Steam lol
That Nintendo Direct impact, I suppose.

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Someone who's not interested in having a PS4 at all will have the chance to play the games in July.
Someone that is only somewhat interested in the games, but not interested enough to get a platform they don't have will have the change to play the games in July.

Yeah, doesn't make sense, right?
That's not the point.

People can't just say that they're happy to play the game on their preferred platform? They have to lie and act like they're only option of playing the game is to wait until July?

It doesn't matter if they're not doing it intentionally. It's still lying.

papercan

Oct 25, 2017
You know what's funny?
For some reason they're (willingly) forgetting the game is also coming to XBox and Steam lol
Probably has something to do with the high chance of the switch version eventually outselling all the others, if it overtakes ps4 sales they will lose their minds.
So long as crash bandicoot sells well and is given another chance is all that matters, whatever console it's on.
They should be pleased to see him return and be successful as it only increases the chances of another new title.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know what's funny?

My guess is that it's because Nintendo was pretty much the direct rival to Crash.

Some people just can't let go of old feuds.

I admit playing Crash 2 on a Nintendo console will be surreal.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Probably has something to do with the high chance of the switch version eventually outselling all the others, if it overtakes ps4 sales they will lose their minds.
So long as crash bandicoot sells well and is given another chance is all that matters, whatever console it's on.
They should be pleased to see him return and be successful as it only increases the chances of another new title.
Crash is over 4 million on PS4 by now, I really don't see the Switch version being able to come close.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
it won't come close to the ps4 version what.

it could be the 2nd highest sku which would be decent.

Deleted member 21124

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Having a hard time with 30 fps during the side-scrolling parts on PS4. It's just too blurry. Might double dip if the PC version is mighty unlocked (or locked 60 or whatever).

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
That's not the point.

People can't just say that they're happy to play the game on their preferred platform? They have to lie and act like they're only option of playing the game is to wait until July?

It doesn't matter if they're not doing it intentionally. It's still lying.
Money doesn't fall from the trees, a console is expensive, some people just can't afford multiple platforms, so maybe it is their only option.
And even if they can afford it, if someone isn't interested in PS4 exclusives and is only partially interested in Crash, it doesn't make sense financially to get a PS4, so waiting until July is the only option that makes sense.

Last edited:

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Money doesn't fall from the trees, a console is expensive, some people just can't afford multiple platforms, so maybe it is their only option.
And even if they can afford it, if someone isn't interested in PS4 exclusives and is only partially interested in Crash, it doesn't make sense financially to get a PS4, so waiting until July is the only option that makes sense.
All I keep reading are excuses. Everyone had a chance at one point to play Crash by now. Losing that chance due to personal taste and financial decisions is entirely on them.

Switch gamers have even less of a leg to stand on. Crash was announced and gameplay was revealed months before the Switch was even released for people to buy.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All I keep reading are excuses. Everyone had a chance at one point to play Crash by now. Losing that chance due to personal taste and financial decisions is entirely on them.

Switch gamers have even less of a leg to stand on. Crash was announced and gameplay was revealed months before the Switch was even released for people to buy.
is it that weird to you that some people don't have PS4s, and now get to play this game?

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
is it that weird to you that some people don't have PS4s, and now get to play this game?
No, that's just business. And that doesn't matter to me since I've had no issues getting to play the game.

If it means anything, it would be weird to me if someone had a PS4 but didn't care about it's games.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
All I keep reading are excuses. Everyone had a chance at one point to play Crash by now. Losing thathance due to personal taste and financial decisions is entirely on them.

...?

You sound salty.

I haven't had the chance to play this game because I don't own a PS4 and, as a student in a shitty country, while I can afford to play videogames, I can't afford to own every platform and I have to make choices. My choice was a beefy PC and a Switch. Now I have the chance, either on PC or Switch. Just like I've had just now my first chance to play FF XV, on PC. While I would like to own a PS4, it isn't a smart investment for me at this moment.

Is that a excuse? If so, it's a much better excuse that anything you could possibly attempt to make up to justify the shitposting and dismissing you are currently doing in this thread.

Some people are happy they can play the game on their preferred platform, and some people are happy they can play the game at all. That's the way it is, you should deal with it, which isn't hard.

Oct 26, 2017

I own all consoles and i didn't bought Crash for PS4, you want reasons? The game was 100% coming to other platform, so it's better to wait 1 year and get the best version of the game instead of buying the PS4 version full price. I did a mistake with NiOh and i bought the game a second time on PC.